Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Was I BU?

(21 Posts)
tescocarrierbagexplosion Sat 13-Oct-12 00:49:25

I've spent the last 6 months reading this forum everyday, and discussing it with one of my best friends...

I only signed up today... She thinks I was being unreasonable.. She's been a member for years!
I was just a bit scared of you all!

So was I being unreasonable to lurk for so long?!

Ps...

LEAVE THE BASTARD!!!

(Had to get in there first!)

thursday Sat 13-Oct-12 00:52:48

yes of course you were, you wouldn't sit at a table in a cafe and listen to a conversation without joining in. did you know your friend was on here? did she know you were lurking? did you recognise her posts? creeped out

tescocarrierbagexplosion Sat 13-Oct-12 00:54:25

Ohhh no, we were discussing the posts that we had both read on here! I've got no idea who she is on here!!! I'm not a stalker!!

AgnesBligg Sat 13-Oct-12 00:55:30

yaanbu. pleaase enjoy! and welcome! oh and excuse typos random keyb oard. ha

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Oct-12 00:56:22

Welcome to Mumsnet grin wine

As long as you learn the MN rule you'll be fine.

All men are bastards, covered in a coating of crispy bastard, with a liberal sprinkling of bastard flakes and a bastard cherry on top.

Oh and we now own the rights to your pubic hair

But we'll fight amongst ourselves as to whether it stays or goes.

tescocarrierbagexplosion Sat 13-Oct-12 00:59:34

I think it's taken me the full 6 months to work out what everything meant!

Pfb took me absolutely ages!

wine for everyone!

AgentZigzag Sat 13-Oct-12 01:01:57

Straight in there with the knife on the first post to prove the point thursday? grin

What kinds of things have you been lurking on tesco?

thursday Sat 13-Oct-12 01:03:21

phew! the idea of a friend secretly watching me prattle on the internet, eek! now you've jumped off the ledge, get stuck in. people can't be scary, they're 2D!

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 13-Oct-12 01:03:34

I lurked for ages before I sent my first post Op.
I think most people do.
thursday, that was really unwelcoming and rather mean.

thursday Sat 13-Oct-12 01:04:19

lol, lurking unnerves me!

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Oct-12 01:05:21

Not me LBE straight in with both feet grin

I got told I was too 'confident for a newbie' hmm

Apparently I should have doffed my cap and stuttered and stammered for a week or two.....

AgentZigzag Sat 13-Oct-12 01:08:21

I always imagine The Lurkers to be a bit shady and sinister too thurs grin

Wearing the womens equivalent of a dirty mac and looking shifty on the darker boundaries of threads.

tescocarrierbagexplosion Sat 13-Oct-12 01:20:40

Haha I really worded my first post badly!!

My friend reads this forum, and got me to start reading it and we were discussing the same threads together! I don't know her username and I'd probably be far to dense to realise if it was her posting!

I'm not shady at all!

* puts on long coat and hat and shuffles into a dark corner *

tescocarrierbagexplosion Sat 13-Oct-12 01:23:53

Can I ask though is the biscuit a good or bad thing?! It's one thing that confuses me!

thursday Sat 13-Oct-12 01:23:56

its more fun if you don't know their username! i have friends here and we dont' know who each other are. well, i've not spotted them yet anyway... join in tho! that's the fun, otherwise you may as well read take a break. smile

tescocarrierbagexplosion Sat 13-Oct-12 01:27:18

Oooo I prefer pick me up and love it! Last one I bought though went in my maternity bag... I never got the chance to read it... And have never bought one since!

cynister Sat 13-Oct-12 01:44:01

YANBU. I lurked a good bit of time too...now let's get cracking..promise you will never shave/wax or otherwise humiliate your Fanjo..and never ever under any circumstances get into a parking wars thread...

The biscuit is a no comment but generally assumed to be bad. The only reason I don't like lurkers is that they get used as the moral majority on here. Lots of the-lurkers-probably-agree nonsense.

JasperStreet Sat 13-Oct-12 04:10:50

I'm a lurker. Hello.

darksideofthemooncup Sat 13-Oct-12 04:17:08

Firstly, Kudos for your first post being in AIBU, my first was in babynames and I got properly flamed. YANBU grin

MrsKeithRichards Sat 13-Oct-12 08:07:24

I lurked for a while!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now