AIBU to be pissed off at having to remind everyone that it is still only fecking OCTOBER

(157 Posts)
MaryZed Wed 10-Oct-12 17:12:11

and that 13 discussion in aibu about Christmas in the last week (in addition to the ones mnhq have moved) is too many. Not to mention that of the 96 threads with Christmas in the title in the last week, more than 45 of them are outside the sodding Christmas topic hmm. And "Christmas" has appeared in more than 500 posts since the beginning of October.

And <froths> I was in my local M&S today, and the entire Christmas stock of cards decorations and sundry tat was set up and squishing the Hallowe'en tat into the aisles.

It's getting ridiculous.

MaryZed Thu 11-Oct-12 20:12:22

I love conker season as well, though sadly that will soon be a thing of the past.

I think the word "mellow" is a great word for autumn - isn't that what they say, season of mists and mellow fruitfulness.

It makes me feel cosy.

Slubberdegullion Thu 11-Oct-12 20:39:06

I can't bear to think about the death of conkers sad. A newly hatched conker, what a tremendous thing that is. I dare anyone to say that they don't enjoy stroking a new shiny conker.

Yes agree that mellow is a perfect descriptive word for autumn.

DontmindifIdo Thu 11-Oct-12 20:41:31

I can't really do Christmas properly until after DH's birthday in mid-November, then I can think about it, however I have to get the "who's hosting" conversation done now as turkeys & christmas delivery slots need booking soon (because I have done the hell of being in Sainsburys on 23rd December before and never again, like Margo Leadbetter, I believe Christmas comes in a van).

However, I'm about to book my DB's and BIL's Christmas presents - but that's tickets to the ballet at Christmas and they go fast...

Most of the threads are of the "where are we going/who's hosting" variety, and they can normally be boiled down to the same thing, someone's is used to getting their own way and get all stampy feet toddler about it, everyone's used to just dancing to their tune and someone doesn't want to this year and needs us all to just say "oh, tell them to do one and you can just do what you want."

bluecarrot Thu 11-Oct-12 20:46:03

Normally we dont do anything til dds birthday on dec 5th. This year, I wasn't really feeling Christmas-y til I went to local garden centres Christmas shop this afternoon... Now I'm def in the mood.

MaryZed Thu 11-Oct-12 21:02:15

I have a mid-December child too, and maybe that's why I dislike it all starting so early.

I remember his 5th birthday and he wanted an M&S caterpillar cake, but they didn't stock birthday cakes at all in December shock

MaryZed Thu 11-Oct-12 21:09:50

I know Slubber.

Conkers are such a massive part of my children's childhoods. I am very sad that so many of our trees have no conkers at all this year.

lovelyladuree Thu 11-Oct-12 21:36:19

What? Only 11 weeks until Christmas? FFS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now