ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

AIBU to be pissed off at having to remind everyone that it is still only fecking OCTOBER

(157 Posts)
MaryZed Wed 10-Oct-12 17:12:11

and that 13 discussion in aibu about Christmas in the last week (in addition to the ones mnhq have moved) is too many. Not to mention that of the 96 threads with Christmas in the title in the last week, more than 45 of them are outside the sodding Christmas topic hmm. And "Christmas" has appeared in more than 500 posts since the beginning of October.

And <froths> I was in my local M&S today, and the entire Christmas stock of cards decorations and sundry tat was set up and squishing the Hallowe'en tat into the aisles.

It's getting ridiculous.

usualsuspect3 Wed 10-Oct-12 17:22:20

YANBU, but I reported one and got told it's ok where it is.

So I've given up

MaryZed Wed 10-Oct-12 17:22:27

frasersmummy, it was actually M&S that finished me off. I couldn't believe it, the whole shop was Christmasified, I'm sure it's even earlier than usual.

Softlysoftly Wed 10-Oct-12 17:24:35

In all seriousness the shops have had a shit summer so be prepared for them to try and hit Christmas loud and early!

valiumredhead Wed 10-Oct-12 17:25:29

I've started my shopping already - I like to have it all done by early December.

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 10-Oct-12 17:27:20

YANBU Maryz.
To all you Christmas freaks, there's Halloween threads on the go, then there'll be bonfire night ones.
And we can all have our yearly arguments about trick or treat turning our children into beggars, or the danger of fireworks.
Then, after November the 5th we can start the Christmas threads.
That is the way the MN calendar should work.

WorraLiberty Wed 10-Oct-12 17:27:40

Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas

YANBU

HTH

Sirzy Wed 10-Oct-12 17:27:51

I hate Halloween and bonfire night so will quite happily ignore threads on them

Dawndonna Wed 10-Oct-12 17:28:14

Sorry,
I started my wrapping today!
grin

MaryZed Wed 10-Oct-12 17:28:42

Whew, I have a few agree-ers smile

I'm already in a bunfight thread about trick or treating (though it started on October 6th, I think, which is really a tad early).

MaryZed Wed 10-Oct-12 17:29:29

And I'm shocked and horrified at Worra. I really am. I am going back to the cleaner thread to agree with the op [discusted and apauled]

charlottehere Wed 10-Oct-12 17:29:34

Ba humbug. can we have some christmas smilies please MNHQ? grin

MaryZed Wed 10-Oct-12 17:30:20

Wrapping [baffled]. What on earth do you all do on Christmas Eve if it isn't drunken wrapping?

KeithLeMonde Wed 10-Oct-12 17:30:27

YANBU. My personal bugbear is people who go on about Christmas incessantly from September onwards, put their trees up in November, and then take them down on Boxing Day and post photos on Facebook saying "Ahhhh, got my lounge back at last".

YABU, last year I had finished all my christmas shopping by now and was stress free. This year though I've only just started looking, but am aiming to be finished within 6 weeks grin

MaryZed Wed 10-Oct-12 17:31:30

Oh, yes Keith.

Very annoying that.

PunkInDublic Wed 10-Oct-12 17:31:45

"Frankly, if it takes you several months to organise and pay for one day, you're doing it wrong and spending too much."

Bit harsh, I've started now as everyone is getting hand made gifts from me this year as I'm so skint. DS is 8 and told me he doesn't want much this year but could I knit him a blanket, he's not daft and is aware we're struggling. We pick things up in the sale and put them away for him.

YANBU really MaryZed, if you don't need to plan early etc it must be tiresome to have it jammed in your face so you're sick of it by the time it rolls around. Perhaps I could fashion you some festive ear muffs to drown out the early carols when you're shopping grin

WorraLiberty Wed 10-Oct-12 17:31:52

In that case I apologise MaryZee

Oh and Happy New Year grin

<< Lights Chinese lantern and calls environment agency >>

MaryZed Wed 10-Oct-12 17:32:43

Well, that's ok Charlee, if you wouldn't mind just fecking wandering off to the C-word topic to talk about it.

This is a NOT-CHRISTMAS thread, you know. Where we can talk about things that are NOT CHRISTMAS-Y.

I'm in Dublin, where we are still waiting for summer to start grin

ZombTEE Wed 10-Oct-12 17:35:43

YANBU

Although to me the holiday season starts with Rosh Hashana, even if I am not a practicing Jew and then slides merrily downhill towards New Years Eve, bumping into Hallowe'en, Thanksgiving (damn Americ...oh wait...) and Christmas.

But put it in the right topic, people!

Pascha Wed 10-Oct-12 17:36:38

See, I am 'avin' a baby sometime in december so I refuse to deal with c*******s any later than Nov 1st. That said, I am still not contributing to any c*******s threads whether in the right topic or not. Except this one of course.

MaryZed Wed 10-Oct-12 17:37:41

Which isn't, of course, a c*******s thread wink Pascha. Congrats, btw.

Floggingmolly Wed 10-Oct-12 17:40:49

PunkinDublic. You are knitting a complete Nativity scene? shock

Simply stating my reason for me saying YABU wink

OliviaLMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Oct-12 17:49:57

MaryZed

No I haven't Dildo <stamps feet>

This is a threads about IT NOT BEING CHRISTMAS YET

And if Olivia pops up and moves it to the Christmas topic I will.... I will... well, I'm not sure what I will do, but it won't be pretty.

<lurk>
grin

YANBU OP, I agree entirely. It's getting on my tits too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now