To still be hoping that April will be found alive?

(74 Posts)
MoelFammau Mon 08-Oct-12 23:05:38

I just feel so so very sad.

Well said Bartlet

hellokittyrocks Tue 09-Oct-12 16:43:13

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

perceptionreality Tue 09-Oct-12 16:56:29

hellokitty - I think your post would be considered speculation but honestly, are you that naive?

Danielle Jones was killed by her uncle with whom she'd had a relationship. It's been said time and again that in these cases the person doing responsible is rarely a bogey man who jumps out of a hedge.

LeeCoakley Tue 09-Oct-12 17:02:58

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MaryZed Tue 09-Oct-12 17:43:17

op, would you consider asking for this thread to be deleted? I really don't think this board, and in particular aibu, is something I would like April's mother to come across one day sad.

AnOldieButNotSoGoody Tue 09-Oct-12 17:57:37

What's with the deletions confused

MaryZed Tue 09-Oct-12 18:00:20

Horrible suggestions as to what might have been done with April sad. Totally unnecessary.

mnhq, you can delete this if you like too.

I really, really would hate anyone to be talking about my child like this.

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 09-Oct-12 18:02:39

I don't think there should be any more threads about this unless they find her.
It can only be speculation now.

AnOldieButNotSoGoody Tue 09-Oct-12 18:03:46

Ah right.

God almighty that's not on.

Sassybeast Tue 09-Oct-12 18:05:11

Agree with Lady Beagle. I think it would be nice if one of Aprils Pink Ribbons was placed on MN somewhere to show our support for her family. Any threads, however well intentioned, will just descend into this horrible speculation.

LeeCoakley Tue 09-Oct-12 18:05:41

I wonder why mine was deleted? I know I swore, but with reason confused

MaryZed Tue 09-Oct-12 18:06:52

I agree.

Lee, I didn't see yours, but if you were commenting on one of the deleted one's they would have deleted yours too.

Where is the op? I really think this should go. It's horrible.

I agree.

AnEerieAirOfHorror Tue 09-Oct-12 18:30:33

I agree about the pink bow on mn to show our support.

perceptionreality Tue 09-Oct-12 18:40:48

I agree too about the pink bow.

On facebook there are groups openly speculating and facebook is not removing them of course hmm

AnOldieButNotSoGoody Tue 09-Oct-12 18:59:18

A mum at school had a big pink bow tied to her rear windscreen today.

catstail Tue 09-Oct-12 20:15:20

Huh, why was my post deleted on this thread? I don't think I speculated about the arrested man at all, quite the opposite in fact.

AvonCallingBarksdale Tue 09-Oct-12 21:02:23

Horrible suggestions as to what might have been done with April . Totally unnecessary

Just wanted to be clear that I think my earlier post was deleted due to perceived speculation (at least I imagine that's why it went, although I don't think I speculated confused). I would never have commented or suggested what is in bold in this post.

MaryZed Tue 09-Oct-12 21:07:39

Sorry Avon, I didn't mean to imply that all the deleted posts were horrible, but a couple were. In particular the one I reported earlier - in fact a couple of the deleted posts were in reply to that one too.

The whole thread just looks such a mess now it would be better gone.

MrsDeVere Tue 09-Oct-12 21:12:42

I think all of these threads should go.
This is not an appropriate subject for internet speculation and discussion.
This is someone else's child.

We have no ownership of this case. None.
Leave it be.

MaryZed Tue 09-Oct-12 21:15:16

I've reported again, as the op hasn't been back and I really don't think it's appropriate to leave it long term in aibu.

AvonCallingBarksdale Tue 09-Oct-12 21:17:06

MaryZed, that's fine and I know some of the posts were just awful. I just felt uncomfortable being associated. I think, yes, the whole thread should go now sad

ThatBloodyKnid Tue 09-Oct-12 21:19:28

I think all of these threads should go.

Absolutely, MrsDeVere.

I've requested deletion too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now