To still be hoping that April will be found alive?

(74 Posts)
MoelFammau Mon 08-Oct-12 23:05:38

I just feel so so very sad.

sashh Tue 09-Oct-12 06:35:09

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Whitecherry Tue 09-Oct-12 09:22:13

Yesterday in court, what happened? Is there a trial date set?

Whitecherry Tue 09-Oct-12 09:23:51

Next year will be a tough one. There will be the couple who set fire to house/death of six children's trial..... Then the trial if Tia Sharps step grandadad and then Mark Bridgers. Bloody awful.

meditrina Tue 09-Oct-12 09:29:09

Whitecherry: he's been remanded to appear before a Crown Court. There will be an initial hearing soon, where he will (almost certainly) be remanded until full trial, which will be some months away.

DappyHays Tue 09-Oct-12 09:31:19

I'm not going to speculate. It would be just perfect if she turned up safe and well. I hope that miracle does occur.

I watched the service on Sunday morning (though I'm not religious) and was very moved.

Whitecherry Tue 09-Oct-12 09:32:31

Sassh..... I hope not. More than one place means to me, that they don't know!

SeveredEdMcDunnough Tue 09-Oct-12 09:32:48

Sashh I would imagine it's because they don't know which place to look for her so are covering all bases. It doesn't imply anything like what you are suggesting.

Your post is really, really horrible. Sorry, but I really think it was unnecessary.

Whitecherry Tue 09-Oct-12 09:33:12

Thanks Meditrina! I missed the news yesterday

MaryZed Tue 09-Oct-12 09:38:52

I have reported your post sahss.

Please remember her family may read these threads. If not now, then some time in the future.

apostropheuse Tue 09-Oct-12 09:43:14

Shocking and unecessary thing to say Sahss. Not helpful.

catstail Tue 09-Oct-12 11:48:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

tiggytape Tue 09-Oct-12 12:48:24

It is safe to assume that none of the evidence the police have found is in the public domain and that is as it should be.
The general public therefore cannot possibly decide what they think about the strength of evidence or the charges brought because we know absolutely nothing about what the police have discovered and so must trust them to do their job knowing that they know far more about all this than we do.
It would be shocking and wrong for the police to tell us all exactly what evidence they have that has led to the current charges and focus of the investigation - that is for a jury to be told in due course not to be bandied around the media to satisfy our curiosity and potentially harm any trial.

I hope that they find the poor girl and can return her to her family. Such a tragedy.

AnOldieButNotSoGoody Tue 09-Oct-12 12:56:20

I think everybody would want that outcome, surely.

It isn't going to happen though sadly.

I watched the news last night and saw the lanterns being released for her.

perceptionreality Tue 09-Oct-12 13:04:28

Well, the fact is that the police think she has been murdered so it doesn't look likely now does it? That is not speculation.

And I'm sure they have a basis for this development.

It is too awful to take in really how her family must be feeling.

alienreflux Tue 09-Oct-12 13:09:02

SoupDragon Tue 09-Oct-12 13:10:55

The police must have good reason to bring the charges they did.

Flossiechops Tue 09-Oct-12 13:15:00

For those of us with small children it evokes all kind of dreadful feelings. We cannot even begin to imagine the full horror of a child go missing. Poor poor family.

AvonCallingBarksdale Tue 09-Oct-12 13:16:43

PeggyCarter Tue 09-Oct-12 13:30:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

perceptionreality Tue 09-Oct-12 13:52:20

Everything will come out in the trial - I don't remember details of any crime being published before the trial so why should this be any different?

Whitecherry Tue 09-Oct-12 14:13:56

hobnobsaremyfave Tue 09-Oct-12 14:17:32

Please can the ""they've got their man" "he's guilty" "he did x y or z " speculation on here stop, please.
Any speculation or comment like that is
a. unfair - everyone is entitled to a fair trial.
b. may damage the investigation.
MNHQ have already asked for people not to do so and the CPS spokesman on Saturday made it clear hoe dangerous such speculation could be.

BartletForTeamGB Tue 09-Oct-12 14:18:17

whitecherry, I've reported your post and asked for it to be deleted.

We don't know the facts, This man is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

IF he is guilty, then we don't want a mistrial on the basis of people declaring his guilt on the internet.

If he is innocent, he has to wait for the judicial process to happen and to prove that.

BartletForTeamGB Tue 09-Oct-12 14:18:50

Cross-posted with hobnobs. I completely agree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now