ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

that the Tory Party are a bunch of misogynistic bastards?

(103 Posts)
ParrotTulip Mon 08-Oct-12 20:41:53

The tories don't even seem to bother to don the sheep's clothing any more. It's seems to be a systematic co-ordinated attack on equality, from the Health minister'sview on abortion to George Osborne's plans to make employees sign away someof their maternity and flexible working rights if they want a job. Scary, scary times.

ShellyBoobs Mon 08-Oct-12 22:24:36

...they realise they won't get in in 2015

Who do you think will get in?

No matter how bad this government is, you'd have to be on fucking glue to vote for Miliband.

ATourchOfInsanity Mon 08-Oct-12 22:27:08

What I can't get my head around is how their wives can deal with it all. They at least must have some empathy/sympathy with women? I don't buy that they are all just so rich nothing affects them. Morally they would have to almost become the worst kind of man to get any logic out of these policies or future policies.

ParrotTulip Mon 08-Oct-12 22:27:40

That's the scary thing, there's no credible opposition

Lilithmoon Mon 08-Oct-12 22:29:32

You can look for transport to the march on the 20th of October here:

economy http://falseeconomy.org.uk/travel/uk/all/t1

It is vital that this event is well attended.

The bastards in government do not give a shiny shit about us sad

Lilithmoon Mon 08-Oct-12 22:37:08

I have just had a look at the coaches and there are many very cheap and free places available.

LineRunner Mon 08-Oct-12 22:40:37

They'll have minders out.

For fuck's sake, Gideon, it's the Mumsnet coach. Run.

<sound of Boris trying to board coach>

monkeysbignuts Mon 08-Oct-12 22:44:43

shellyboobs I will be voting labour and I am not sniffing glue!

LineRunner Mon 08-Oct-12 22:46:25

I'm thinking of voting Labour.

ATourchOfInsanity Mon 08-Oct-12 22:50:14

WOW. Just read in Torygraph:
“David Cameron has said that the idea of giving prisoners the vote makes him physically sick. Parliament has voted to express its sympathy for that perspective.”

LineRunner Mon 08-Oct-12 22:51:05

God he's like that Walliams-woman on Little Britain.

monkeysbignuts Mon 08-Oct-12 23:03:51

haha linerunner the one who pukes at poor, immigrants & gay people etc. Yeah he is a snob, I am not surprised though.

LineRunner Mon 08-Oct-12 23:36:20

Maggie, that's her name. Davod 'Maggie' Cameron has a certain ring to it.

Levantine Tue 09-Oct-12 01:25:43

Shelley If they couldn't form a majority in 2010 what makes you think they will be able to form one in 2015? Have they got more popular, or less so?

caramelwaffle Tue 09-Oct-12 01:35:27

Keeping this bumped because when I heard about having people sign away employee rights on the radio today, I was shocked and nowt' much this serious shocks me these days.

People piss on The Unions (quote unquote) these days but they have done a lot for working people over the past hundred or so years: hard won Rights signed away for a paper promise of nothingness.

bochead Tue 09-Oct-12 01:40:37

The proposal to charge single parents for the services of the CSA clarified their position as the plight of women & children languishing in poverty for me. Sadly I didn't then realise what a sliver thin edge of the wedge it was at that point.

Do they not realise that "little women" comprise over 50% of the population + we have caring responsibilities for a significant proportion of the male population too (children, elderly, sick + disabled).

caramelwaffle Tue 09-Oct-12 01:40:38

Signing away the right to claim unfair dismissal - that'll be just great hmm if you happen to be female or an ethnic minority or disabled - sometimes simply "not desirable" to have employed - according to some.

caramelwaffle Tue 09-Oct-12 01:44:28

Yes bochead Exactly re: Csa

I read recently that over 50% of single people who purchase property in this country are female.

Females have purchasing, and voting power.

CommunistMoon Tue 09-Oct-12 01:47:54

2015, 2015, 2015, 2015, 2015, 2015, 2015, 2015, 2015, 2015 (repeat until bored)

NewNames Tue 09-Oct-12 01:49:25

2015: Lib Lab coalition?

CommunistMoon Tue 09-Oct-12 01:51:26

A pact would be sufficient.

Leena49 Tue 09-Oct-12 06:12:12

I never voted for them. Anyone who did was bloody naive. I'm angry at those people who voted for them for being so politically naive. It makes me so mad. Look at them. They are public school freaks.

wannabe what Linerunner said is definitely true. I sent an e-mail to Chris Grayling and wrote about it on here. I got a reply asking me to post his answer on Mumsnet as well, so I did (still have the email).

apostropheuse Tue 09-Oct-12 07:25:04

It's all rather deja vu to me. Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember their last regime. I've never voted for them in my life, nor would I - just like the vast majority of Scottish people.

We probably wouldn't have devolution today if it hadn't been for the fact that people here got so disgusted by having never voted the tories in, but being landed with their policies. They're doing rather a good job of encouraging Scottish Independence at the moment actually. (Not that I'm saying I'm particularly pro-independence - undecided on that one!).

Me too Leena, obviously most of the population fell for the lies they gave to get elected.
Scary times indeed for most, of course except extremely rich people.
Steal from the poor, give to the rich party.

Lets not forget Maggie the milk snatcher and house snatcher.
Because of her there is no affordable rental places, it all started before i was born and its now happening again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now