to wish anything above D cups were not treat like lepers ...

(294 Posts)
YerMaw1989 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:04:45

by catalogues...

No I do not want a triumph doreen my mother doesn't even wear those, I would like my boobs to look like boobs not weird triangles , not be in white or beige (I don't mind beige if its plunge) Why do manufacturers thing women with bigger chests do not want cleavage in any way shape of form !!! I'm not asking for a lot

sigh

BUt, check they also do a FF, or it will be another size up...Normally, there is an inch between each cup size so if they follow that you would be looking for the 10th in the list (excluding AA)

If they don't do a GG (not just sold out) then most likely, yes.

trinitybleu Sat 13-Oct-12 17:25:08

Looking on Evans, they have G's and H's, no GG's. Is a H a GG in that case??

FannyBazaar Fri 12-Oct-12 22:50:55

Just been to an enormous shopping mall this evening and thought I'd check out some of the bra shops there just in case they had anything close to my size. Have to admit, I loved the cheery attitude of the smiley lady in Victoria's Secret who told me their bras went up to a 38DD and started from a 32A. When I told her I was looking for a 30GG she suggested I see one of their fitters to see if they can help me! She even looked a little bewildered as to why I wouldn't think that was a great idea confused.

I tried the Triumph shop, they had bras labelled 'up to large cups', I asked the assistant what 'large cups were' and was told they went up to an F but she did show me a Granny Bra that went up to a G.

There was even a shop with lovely colourful tiny bras that appeared not to go over a C cup, they suggested I try Triumph...

I've tried La Senza once before when they insisted on measuring and fitting me rather than giving me a straight answer about their size range. They couldn't come up with anything that fit.

I have been measured and fitted many a time and really wish these shop assistants would not look at me like I am making up my size. At least a good fitter will look at me, accept the size I say and confirm that (even fully clothed) I am obviously wearing a bra that is a good fit.

SorrelForbes Fri 12-Oct-12 22:06:40

Sorry, meant to say, get the back right (usually corresponds with your actual under bust measurement) and keep going up the cups until its wearable smile

SorrelForbes Fri 12-Oct-12 22:05:35

Ok, a too big band will still give you back fat and bulges in the wrong places due to the band moving around.

You should only be able to fit a maximum of 2 fingers under the band at the front of the bra.

orangeandlemons Fri 12-Oct-12 21:35:48

Can anyone advise me of the 2 fingers under the band thing?

Where are you meant to check it? I have a hollow back, so it makes itvery tricky to owrk out. Also if I do find one that seems to match this, then I get a hideous back fat problem.

So: Larger band, less back fat or smaller band, back boobs sad whic is right?

Honestly Madame, I'm a similar size and mine really don't look that big. I remember an ex-friend saying they looked like "a pair of saggy c-cups" (which is rude cos they aren't that bloody saggy either!

MadameCupcake Fri 12-Oct-12 20:56:18

I think you are supposed to measure with a bra on as it holds them in the right place - well if they need to be of course grin

Well I feel a bit fed up today as I ordered some 32GGs and they arrived today. The back fitted well but the cup was too small, I can't believe I need to get a bigger size - it just doesn't seem right as they are not that big. I think I will have to go into town to try some on but the lack of sizes they seem to have in stock is usually quite depressing! If I can't find anything I will jsut order millions of sizes online and see if I can find something to fit!

trinitybleu Fri 12-Oct-12 19:48:17

Bunbaker grin

I measured with and without and got the same measurement! Although they're pretty droopy blush

Bunbaker Fri 12-Oct-12 19:34:54

" Is the over boob measurement with a bra on??"

I think it depends on how droopy they are.

HazleNutt Fri 12-Oct-12 18:45:33

about 46GG trinity

trinitybleu Fri 12-Oct-12 18:43:10

46 under, 56 over. Where should I start?? Thanks!

trinitybleu Fri 12-Oct-12 18:21:42

Just off to measure myself, if Sorrel or someone wouldn't mind a look? Is the over boob measurement with a bra on??

SorrelForbes Fri 12-Oct-12 08:13:27

The one I've used is Ewa Michalak

HazleNutt Fri 12-Oct-12 07:45:09

and check out also www.BiuBiu.pl for clothes, I have a few dresses from them, much nicer than Pepperberry.

Lizzzombie Fri 12-Oct-12 07:12:59

OOh, what are the Polish brands?

SorrelForbes Thu 11-Oct-12 20:38:18

Suffolk have you looked at any of the Polish brands?

I'm like you Sorrel, people never believe my boobs are an H/HH cup.

SorrelForbes Thu 11-Oct-12 20:22:36

I don't have any Panache bras. I have a few Freya's which fit well but i never wear them as I don't like the shape they give me.

Favourite bra makes so far are Fauve, R&P, Prima Dona, Ewa Michalak and Debenhams Gorgeous range.

SuffolkNWhat Thu 11-Oct-12 20:21:38

I'm an L cup and even my beloved Bravissimo are not cutting the mustard these days sad

SorrelForbes Thu 11-Oct-12 20:19:40

Madame. I know what you mean. I definitely have an ample chest but people tend not to believe that I'm a 30G until I show them the label (especially young thin acquaintances of mine suffering in their 36As!)

I want to like Panache as they have some lovely styles, but they are incredibly uncomfortable on me. Freya (and Bravissimo own brand) suit my shape far better. I always feel like the Panache wires are a different shape, perhaps a deeper cup, and as a result they look awful on me. If the cup is wide enough, then the wire sits about 1cm below the case of my boobs (not good) and if the wire is in the right place underneath, then it is too narrow and sits on my breast tissue at the side.

But IMO - most women seem to suit one or the other. I know few women who have a drawer with a fair mix of Freya/Panache.

Lizzzombie Thu 11-Oct-12 20:03:31

Panache bras are generally fairly tight, but an accurate representation of size. Eg. Freya & Fantasie are known to be stretchy bras, so a person would need a back size smaller in these compared to a panache - generally.
IMO (as a bra fitter of nearly 8 yrs) Panache bras offer the best support for fuller busted women. Not always the most comfortable, but definately hook-up & complement women's shape the best!

SorrelForbes Thu 11-Oct-12 20:02:19

Of course! I'd try a 34B.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now