to wish anything above D cups were not treat like lepers ...

(294 Posts)
YerMaw1989 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:04:45

by catalogues...

No I do not want a triumph doreen my mother doesn't even wear those, I would like my boobs to look like boobs not weird triangles , not be in white or beige (I don't mind beige if its plunge) Why do manufacturers thing women with bigger chests do not want cleavage in any way shape of form !!! I'm not asking for a lot

sigh

Molehillmountain Mon 08-Oct-12 15:04:54

And I was a k cup with dd1 - saying that outloud makes me go funny! Not in a good way.

Molehillmountain Mon 08-Oct-12 15:06:37

And finally, I would like breasts (plural) rather than a bust (singular). Glad to have got that off my considerable chest! smile

Bunbaker Mon 08-Oct-12 15:11:00

"In the end, a D cup only means a difference of 4 inches between the two measurements."

There is no way I am a D cup, or a C cup or even a B cup. I wear 34A padded T-shirt bras from M & S and they are a perfect fit. They aren't too tight or too loose. They sit properly on my ribcage and the cups fit properly.

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Oct-12 15:15:17

Sound like you're in the right size then. So many people aren't as you know. Good old M&S put me in a 36C. Turns out I'm a 30G. Who knew?

Bunbaker.

I thought I was a 38A.

I was adament I was a 38A. As far as I was concerned they fitted/was borderline too big for my non existed boobs.

It took sorrelforbes and co nearly a week on the thread mentioned that there was no way I was a 38A.

I am now wearing a 32C/34D. They fit perfectly. The difference being that they are more shapely. I have a cleavage. I look feminine.

Post your under and over bust measurements here and sorrel will tell you what size bra you should be wearing and I gurantee that it isn't a 34A unless you wear size 16/18 clothes.

Xposts with sorrel.

But...I spent all week saying my bra wasn't too loose....so I would still post measurements and just let us humour you for a brief while smile

fatlazymummy Mon 08-Oct-12 15:26:16

I think M+S still use the old system of measurement, where you add 4 inches to the underchest measurements. That is why DD or above used to be unusual.
I think the best thing to do is to find a shop or brand that you know fits you properly and stick to them.

PedanticPanda Mon 08-Oct-12 15:28:00

Primark have some dd - f cup bras which are quite nice.

PedanticPanda Mon 08-Oct-12 15:28:38

Or I use lasenza too, they have nice bras.

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Oct-12 15:31:33

Hi Haunted (champion bra sizing convert 2012!)

Didn't La Senza stop stocking anything over a D quite recently?

fluffiphlox Mon 08-Oct-12 15:33:25

I can recommend the Alana from Bravissimo for everyday. Comes with matching drawers if required. I wear a 34 HH in it. Despite how that sounds my bezongas are not that huge.

zukiecat Mon 08-Oct-12 15:34:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 08-Oct-12 15:34:17

sorrel would you mind doing mine? as ive just realised almost all my bras are compleatly different sizes?

would be handy to know if ive worked it out correctly

monsterchild Mon 08-Oct-12 15:36:56

My problem is that I have a very narrow chest and shoulders. the cups may fit (EE right now because of pregnancy) but the straps just fall off, or the band is too loose! If the straps fit ok, then the cups are usually too small.

Le sigh. is very frustrating!

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Oct-12 15:38:45

Of course! Bear in mind it'll only be a guide size to get you started. You'll need to try other close sizes too, especially in different styles and makes.

What's your under bust measurement (hold the tape measure tightly). What's your over bust measurement (measured loosely wearing your best fitting bra).

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Oct-12 15:39:56

Monsterchild. If the straps are falling down then your band is almost definitely too big. You probably need to go down in the band and up in the cup.

Bunbaker Mon 08-Oct-12 15:43:26

I have checked every online bra size calculator and I am indeed a 34A or AA depending on where I buy a bra. I have tried a 32 with a bigger cup size, but it is too tight and I can't breathe.

fluffyraggies Mon 08-Oct-12 15:43:32

'Arabella', by Freya. Lovely bra, bit see throo, choice of colours, can get them on ebay for around £15.

I'm 34F. Got about 6 or these bras!

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 08-Oct-12 15:43:38

underbust is 30+1/2 inches overbust is 42 inches

Bunbaker....every website I checked put me in a 38A.

I was insistent I wouldn't be able to do up a 34 let alone 32.

I think the feeling of not being able to breathe was phsycological for me. How can m&s and all the other bra manufacturers be wrong and MN be right (what was I thinking I must have been delluded grin ). I started wearig my bra on a tighter hook, and slowly came round to the idea.

I resisted for ages (which you can see on that thread). Then I got measured in debenhams at 34C. I am actually wearing 34C or 34D depending on brand.

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Oct-12 15:53:03

Socking I'd try a 30HH or a 32H (and sizes around that!).

Bun. If you measure 32 underneath and the bra is still feeling too tight then normally I'd advise you to go up through the cups until the tightness becomes bearable. However, it's sounds like you're happy and comfy. We're all different after and the advice I (and others can give is jut a guide). BTW, all those online calculators are rubbish and out of date as they use the add 4/5 method which just doesn't work now that bras are made of modern fabrics.

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 08-Oct-12 16:02:36

ohhh thats good news as the ones that fit the best are 32h.

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Oct-12 16:04:24

smile

YerMaw1989 Mon 08-Oct-12 16:14:57

Yes I second asda,

just had a scroll through ebay even most of those are hideous. *sigh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now