To think that as it's not even Halloween yet,

(33 Posts)
CouthyMowWearingOrange Sun 07-Oct-12 23:03:07

Christmas threads should fuck the fuck off to the Christmas topic, and when they get there, fuck off some more?!

angry

Can we deal with that man in the red suit at a later date please? I have no wish to be reminded of his approach until the 1st December TYVM.

I still have a Victorian boys costume to make, a Halloween party to organise, a DC's birthday to buy presents for, a Birthday party for said DC to arrange, and last but not least, a birthday cake to design and make for said DC.

So FECK ORF WITH TALK OF THE 'C' WORD!!!!

CouthyMowWearingOrange Mon 08-Oct-12 00:08:20

Ah, but I suffer from depression issues from around September time, when the darkness in the evening is all out of whack with the clocks. And I find that it is helpful to me, especially in October, to fix on Halloween as it marks the clocks changing.

I then focus on Bonfire Night and toffee apples and fireworks, then DS2's birthday.

Then I go 'C' crazy, until twelfth night, at which point I turn my attentions to DS3's birthday.

I am funny like this every year till March, when the day goes back to matching the clocks.

(I am aware I'm odd.)

CouthyMowWearingOrange Mon 08-Oct-12 00:09:21

But that's plenty of time beforehand to have a proper birthday. They is all meanies if they don't mark your birthday!

McHappyPants2012 Mon 08-Oct-12 00:12:07

tis all about the cash

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Mon 08-Oct-12 00:19:14

Couthy just don't click on anything with Christmas in the title, that's the mumsnet equivalent of not going down the christmas aisle or humming so you can't hear a carol.

CouthyMowWearingOrange Mon 08-Oct-12 00:22:03

Then they save up for half the year like I do! Bloody meanies. Shows no thought for you.

<<Strokes McHappy's arm again.>>

I would not be so mean! I didn't want DS2 to feel hard done by, having a birthday so close to Christmas. I insist family buy him separate presents too. His brother and sister don't get joint Birthday/Christmas presents, so why should he?

(I dealt with that one by his first Birthday, he was only a few weeks old on his first Christmas).

Makes me mad, that does!

CouthyMowWearingOrange Mon 08-Oct-12 00:24:29

Half the time, I can't even SEE the 'C' word in the thread title. The App doesn't show all of longer thread titles. So I click on the thread, only to find it should be elsewhere.

<<Grump, grump, moan.>>

Maybe I'll run off to join the po's.

Shaky Mon 08-Oct-12 07:40:15

My brother's birthday is on Christmas Day,

I will be 40 on Halloween sad

monkeysbignuts Mon 08-Oct-12 08:27:14

I love Halloween, yanbu Christmas is going to be fucking stressful this year. I will have an 8 week old baby a 5 year old & 3 year old aaagggghhhh!
Online shopping is the way forward

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now