Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to wonder why audrey hepburns picture is on everythig?

(17 Posts)
SoleSource Mon 08-Oct-12 00:35:38

Skinny beanpole crap actress images of her piss me off.

squoosh Sun 07-Oct-12 22:48:39

To be honest she doesn't thrill me either.
<stands her ground>

NoImSpartacus Sun 07-Oct-12 22:37:38

Needsnewjeans and me !

<runs like the wind>

Neednewjeans Sun 07-Oct-12 21:53:49

I have to whisper this but...I've never thought she was that pretty <runs from thread>

BelieveInPink Sun 07-Oct-12 21:34:37

I love her, hence the username. One of my all time favourite actresses and all round people.

Her face has always been on merchandise. Some of it is tacky, which makes me cross because she is anything but. That's not her doing though.

MrsKeithRichards Sun 07-Oct-12 21:11:31

I remember early 2000's when the photo bags first came out, Audrey and Marilyn were on all of them!

CollieEye Sun 07-Oct-12 20:47:45

Proudnscary The only touch of Audrey I have is that I have the relevant number of eyes, a nose and a mouth. None of them add up to Audrey looks. Tis sad thing, but I look like a fat bearded man, except without the beard. confused

Yes, I'm sure, and I like the picture. But why now, 2012? Has something happened? Or has her image just come into fashion. I saw her picture on notebooks in sainsburys yesterday. Today she was on someone's top

WheresMrMonkey Sun 07-Oct-12 20:34:24

Because she was stunningly gorgeous??

Proudnscary Sun 07-Oct-12 20:30:01

I'm sure you have a touch of Audrey going on, Collie

Ha ha @ fucksocks <steals it for RL use>

CollieEye Sun 07-Oct-12 20:29:03

My DM looked like Audrey Hepburn when she was younger.

I look like my Dad.

Fucksocks. sad

Proudnscary Sun 07-Oct-12 20:26:37

Does anyone own her image I wonder? Her estate?

squoosh Sun 07-Oct-12 20:25:43

Her face is plastered on loads of cheap tacky tat, ironic when you consider that she is famed for her timeless elegance.

Her image has become a bit hackneyed.

ecclesvet Sun 07-Oct-12 11:22:35

I've seen a lot of that Breakfast at Tiffanys pose; she looks very pretty and glamorous. I wonder how many people have seen the film and know that she's actually a high-class prostitute, but meh, doesn't bother me.

MardyBra Sun 07-Oct-12 11:17:35

I haven noticed either. Now as for "keep calm and carry on"...

GoSakuramachi Sun 07-Oct-12 11:12:31

I haven't seen her on anything. So yabu.

T shirts, notebooks...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now