To think that you shouldn't keep your 8 year old up all evening just because it's Friday?

(115 Posts)
BigFatLegsInWoolyTIghts Sat 06-Oct-12 00:12:16

Or am I seriously off the mark? (Have been before on here!)

A "friend" on facebook (I know I know) has just posted that she and her DD are just about to watch another film and eat more choc.

Is that odd? hmm

Or am I reaaally old fashioned?

My DD is also 8 and if I had her up at this time she'd be a nightmare!

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Oct-12 00:40:36

Hmm I'm disappointed at being called a yob

That means I'll have to change out of my PJs and put my Hoodie and low batties on again.

I was so relaxed too innit? sad

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Oct-12 00:41:04

You're not a twat OP, I've seen you posting sense on other threads.

Just remember the free flowing alcohol it's Friday night smile

"I want to know...don't people NEED to get shut of them by 9 or so?? "

I quite enjoy spending time with my dc hmm

This evening they stayed up until 10pm, we all watched the new Red Dwarf episode snuggled on the sofa and having fun!

Casmama Sat 06-Oct-12 00:41:33

Erm I think you are being a bit bloody touchy- assuming you have read Aibu before then you realise that people are allowed to disagree?

usualsuspect3 Sat 06-Oct-12 00:41:49

I've not been called a yob for many a year.

I'm sober AZZ , dh is ill in bed so I have to be responsible grin

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Oct-12 00:42:53

If you had a shell suit (should that be all one word?) worra, you'd have no need for PJs wink

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Oct-12 00:43:27

eny 1 wanna hang out on da street wiv me an nick da milk from da milk float l8r 2nite?

santaisNOTathreat Sat 06-Oct-12 00:43:56

i am far from sober.

i may name change, this name is crap and miss my name of MchappyPants2012

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Oct-12 00:44:28

<sadness and sympathy for Headfirst>

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Oct-12 00:44:49

I put my shell suit in the tumble dryer and now it's a snug fit for my Russian Dwarf hamster sad

santaisNOTathreat Sat 06-Oct-12 00:45:11

Headfirst oh dear hope it is not man flu sad

<sigh>. I had a lush forest green and hot pink shell suit when I was 11.

santaisNOTathreat Sat 06-Oct-12 00:46:06

i had a kappa jacket

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Oct-12 00:46:21

Why 'santaisNOTathreat'? (that was really difficult typing and not putting spaces in grin)

Who said he was a threat?

Yeah, full on man flu lol!

mum11970 Sat 06-Oct-12 00:47:43

Oops I'm a terrible mum then, ds2 (7) is still up watching tv with me now. Ds1 (14) and dd (11) are fast asleep in bed but ds2 is wide awake and will happily sleep in tomorrow. There's no way I'd allow it on a school night but I know he'll get enough sleep as we have nothing on tomorrow.
Big fat I must admit I did say to dh I wished they'd go to bed at 9 and give us some peace but it never happens and dh was up at 4.30 for work this morning so was ready for bed himself at that time.

santaisNOTathreat Sat 06-Oct-12 00:48:44

i was pissed of with parents using the santa card ' be good or santa will not bring presents crap' in october

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Oct-12 00:48:45

I've been through rah-rah skirts, culottes and big checkered patterned skirts sad

To say I'm a damaged person would be an understatement.

McHappyPants2012 Sat 06-Oct-12 00:53:57

<changed back>

Moln Sat 06-Oct-12 01:04:33

I don't think I'd be putting on a new DVD at 11 for my dcs - 6 and almost 9 (mind I'd be highly unlikely to put one on for myself at that time)

though they do stay up later on Friday and sat - not that late though 9 maybe. They get grouchy if they don't get 11 hours and they rarelt sleep in past the usual waking time

OP did you fB friend say what film? If it's something like Saw i'd find t wrong!

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 06-Oct-12 01:14:27

8yo DS2 goes to bed at 9.30pm on Friday and Saturday. 10yo DS1 at 10pm, and 14yo DD at 11pm.

I would have followed. Except DS3 only fell asleep 5 minutes ago. hmm

TheCatInTheHairnet Sat 06-Oct-12 01:33:16

Am I the only one then, that regularly had Friday night playdates that continue well into the evening?! We take it in turns to hold them, the kids all fall asleep in a big pile after wearing each other out, the Mums drink wine and everyone eats Pizza.

It just makes me feel a little sad as my kids all get older and need picking up from all over the place, that they are getting rarer and rarer.

Pandemoniaa Sat 06-Oct-12 01:47:47

You'd never have kept ds1 out of bed once he'd decided it was bedtime. He always needed far more sleep than ds2 (as adults nothing much has changed either!) so although I was fairly relaxed about weekend bedtimes, he was mainly controlled by his body clock and there's no way he could get much past 8.30 at the age of 8.

mum11970 Sat 06-Oct-12 01:53:10

I can't see how anyone can comment on another person's child's sleeping habits, they are all different. My 14 yr old will stay up late every night of the week but is still up every day by 6.30 for his paper round, my dd (11) needs at kick up the bum at 7 am every morning, no matter what time she goes to sleep and ds2 is happy to go to bed early during the week but is a night owl at weekends (just like me), yet dss (18) will stay in bed all day if allowed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now