how can any one walk out on a child/baby (reason)

(31 Posts)
santaisNOTathreat Fri 05-Oct-12 22:25:59

I have not had an easy start to being a mother, I always knew there was something not right about DC1 (ASD) and DC2 had colic and cried and cried and cried.

there is many of times i felt like walking out of the door, i have had PND on both DC. I am not the worlds perfect mum far from it. There is something god knows what that makes me stay.

I wish i was one of those mums, that can work, have a clean home, cook fresh meals and be wonder woman

Aibu to wonder when it get easy, when does it get to the point when all this juggling gets to the point when every day is not an up hill stuggle

aamia Sat 06-Oct-12 09:12:58

I think without a supportive partner it very easily gets too much. I'm only at the start of this whole parenting thing, but it helps hugely when I'm exhausted and worried and DH can take a baby shift and let me sleep. Without that, I think good friends and something you do for yourself must be the most important thing. I have a horse and got back on two weeks after baby because I simply needed some stress relief and to do something for me, just for ten minutes. It put everything else into perspective and made it easier. Have you got a hobby? A friend/relative who could babysit for even half an hour while you have some fun?

SammyTheSwedishSquirrel Sat 06-Oct-12 09:25:14

My daughter has ASD so I know how very, very difficult it is. It's finally easier for me as she's just moved out with her boyfriend <dances round the living room which is free from mess for the first time in 20 years>

McHappyPants2012 Sat 06-Oct-12 13:29:09

Op here, thanks for all the support last night after a dew months I finally got some sleep last night and woke up feeling a lot better.

Pleased you're feeling better op.
Nobody is perfect. It's bloody hard but really it does get better and one day you'll look back on these years and marvel at how you managed.

mumzy Sat 06-Oct-12 17:12:06

You really need to cut yourself some slack as you sound like you have a lot on your plate when my dc's were little as long as we were fed all fed and alive at the end of the day I counted that as a success.

MikeOxard Sat 06-Oct-12 17:14:29

You don't have to be a perfect mother to be the perfect mother for yourchildren. They don't need wonderwoman, they need you. You sound great and they are lucky to have you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now