Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to feel I've had a really crap day

(16 Posts)

Oh God, please can I join?

I don't want to go into loads of details for fear of putting everyone down, but yesterday was crap.

My mil told my sil something she shouldn't have done as dh wanted to tell her first (mil knew that) and so dh kicked off. Our 1 year old was up all night.

So today I just want to hide from the world.

Toothiepeg Sat 06-Oct-12 10:32:07

Just got up and things are much better. Thank goodness for antibiotics! I managed to take three doses yesterday and another at 7am. The gum area is still really sore but no longer any shooting pain when I bite down. I feel much happier grin

Lightrain - that was a really good sign then - as is feeling awful! I will keep everything crossed for you.

Thanks for the support. Lovely to have some sympathy in the tough times.

ORANGEgiraffesCantWearGOLD Sat 06-Oct-12 07:46:56

Hope you feel better soon

LesleyPumpshaft Sat 06-Oct-12 07:43:38

Having an infection sucks, one of the worst feelings ever, you feel so poorly and drained. Hope the the antibiotics start working soon. Hopefully you can get an early night and sleep in tomorrow, sounds like you need it.

LondonKitty Sat 06-Oct-12 07:38:28

brew

Wrap yourself up and watch an old movie, eat plenty of chocolate and but something that smells nice (candles, oils, etc) burning.

It's the only way to get through those days...

lightrain Sat 06-Oct-12 07:31:38

Hope you are better today toothiepeg. I had a good sleep and though not 100%, feel much improved.

Yes, there was a heartbeat at 7 weeks so keeping fingers crossed. I know that was a really good sign but I just feel so anxious.

Toothiepeg Fri 05-Oct-12 22:41:23

Thanks I have Nurofen plus - I was hanging on till dh came home so I could take them before dinner and get maximum benefit. Had two an hour ago and managed to eat pizza on one side of my mouth. Dh is going to take me to bed shortly and distract me grin Told him not to come near that side of my head!
Poor dh - is very upset about work. sad

AgentZigzag Fri 05-Oct-12 22:32:31

Lots of sympathy for you with the infected tooth, it's fucking horrible not being able to get away with it being right in your head!

Have you got some good painkillers?

Sorry to everyone who's had an awful day, signing on too dcs have done nowt but argue and be mean to each other all night, bank have messed up dds,mum has been too poorly to go out to planned stuff again. Generally a bad day, appletiser and choc for all

Toothiepeg Fri 05-Oct-12 20:52:08

Lightrain - did you see a heartbeat at 7 weeks?

Toothiepeg Fri 05-Oct-12 20:51:06

It hurts to eat sad

At the moment i'm in a deep relationship with some hot salty water and dh isn't home yet. So wine and cuddle not really on.

<<mope>>

Sorry about your day hatesponge - that's crap too.

lightrain Fri 05-Oct-12 20:49:09

Was just thinking of starting a thread to have a moan, feeling pathetic! Hope you feel a lot better soon. Cuddles will help and you have my sympathies. Allow me to whinge.....

I'm 11 weeks pg and worried about scan next week, as I've had some bleeding (scan at 7 weeks was okay but I am really feeling quite anxious now and have everything crossed for a heartbeat and lovely baby on the screen next week). I have a stinking cold, sinusitis, can't breathe and am exhausted as DS has same illness and has woken up at 4.30 shouting for mummy for the last 3 days. I've taken some paracetamol but that's all I can have and I even feel a bit guilty about that. It doesn't do much anyway. I have achey shoulders and am sat in bed with a hot water bottle. Also have constant morning sickness and had to get up in the middle of the night to be sick yesterday!

Boo hoo hoo!

Tomorrow will be a fab day, OP, I'm sure of it.

Tabby chocolate, wine and bath is all that's for it.

hatesponge Fri 05-Oct-12 20:40:05

YANBU. Some days/weeks are just really crappy sad Hopefully next week will be a better one.

I am feeling sorry for myself as all achy with cold flu, was hoping to hear about a new job (hate my current one) today but didn't, and got what can only be described as a lets be friends speech from someone I was interested in. So have taken to my bed with lemsip, chocolate and laptop, and am already feeling a bit better!

Would definitely recommend chocolate. And wine if you have any smile

Anonymumous Fri 05-Oct-12 20:35:29

No of course not - we all have bad days. Have some chocolate and a cuddle with DH.

Toothiepeg Fri 05-Oct-12 20:32:20

I've got toothache - waiting for antibitics to kick in prior to extraction next week. I had some sad news at work about a client. Dh had one of 'those' meetings at work - when you discover your job is ok (for now at least) but your friend and mentor is getting the push. Just all in all crap. No particular weekend plans but dd1 seems to think I exist only to go and buy her a school skirt after saying she didn't want one now suddenly she wants one and it will be a pita to find because it has to be frigging knee length.

Am feeling really down.

AIBU to be that way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now