to not understand boxes of tissues

(62 Posts)
moogstera1 Fri 05-Oct-12 17:03:56

Always make me feel a little queasy when I see them taking pride of place on coffee tables.
If you need to blow your nose, do you not just get a bit of loo roll? What's the advantage in spending what seems to be a disproportionately large amount of money on tissues?

Do you just put them in the washing machine with the bogies on cant?

cantspel Fri 05-Oct-12 17:39:11

yep and the miracle of ariel washes them clean again. Ready to be folded, ironed and putt back in his hankie draw.

You iron his hankies? Are you my Mum cant? grin

Malificence Fri 05-Oct-12 17:44:47

Nobody has mentioned the box of sex tissues on the bedside table, it is Friday. wink

cantspel Fri 05-Oct-12 17:47:55

I love to iron but then i have a great big kick arse steam press.

All i have to do is pull down the lever and press the steam button and voila nice freshly ironed hankies and shirts.

The only things i dont iron are fitted bedding, jeans, pants and socks. i even have a collection of different smelling ironing waters so i can change fragrence depending on my mood.

Goes to sit in the sad corner.

SwedishEdith Fri 05-Oct-12 17:48:20

It makes you quesy? You've got tissues.

Surprisingly I am quite envy cant.

cantspel Fri 05-Oct-12 17:52:27

Malificence We dont have sex tissues by the bed but the way i know that oh is feeling randy is by the fact he brings a wad of loo roll to bed with him and leaves it on the bedside cabinet. I know not to bother with putting my nighty on when i see a nice bundle of tescos economy on my freshly dusted night stands.

Very practical and thoughtful cant. smile

pjmama Fri 05-Oct-12 17:56:28

Magic word - "balsam"!
Lovely soft balsam tissues = many comfortable blowings.
Bog roll = red, sore, cracked nose and top lip.
My nose runs alot grin

MadMumToThree Fri 05-Oct-12 17:58:32

sparklingbrook my MIL still does !

DH insists in hankies - not just for his nose they get used for all sorts - car windows mucky hands dusting the tv screen blush

cantspel Fri 05-Oct-12 17:59:00

Its the secret of a long and happy marriage. You need to find a man who has the foresight to grab the tescos economy before you end up with leakage all over the qvc northern lights bedding

My mum used to iron my dad's hankies.

She also ironed his Y Fronts. Great big airtex Y Fronts.

No wonder the ironing board was a permanent fixture in our house.

Well exactly cant you don't want any residue on your 400 thread count bed linen. wink

SJ47 Fri 05-Oct-12 18:03:09

Loo roll is expensive! As expensive as tissues at least, so loo roll is used for the loo, and tissues in other rooms.

SkaterGrrrrl Fri 05-Oct-12 18:04:26

I am addicted to tissues. I have a box in every room and a stockpile in the cupboard, I fear running out. I am a very allergic person and blow my nose constantly throughout the day. Only soft tissues will do, otherwise I get a red nose and flakey skin.

<Rushes to google Laura Ashley tissue box holder>

cantspel Fri 05-Oct-12 18:06:01

Does anyone buy those little individual packs of tissues?

I get through hundreds of them as my boys put them in their pocket for school and god only knows what they do with them as they seem to pick up a fresh packet everyday or so.

Malificence Fri 05-Oct-12 18:07:39

DH takes pride in how many tissues are used for a post-coital clean up, anything over 6 and he's positively giddy . grin

FredFredGeorge Fri 05-Oct-12 18:08:17

I think Boxes of tissues became popular when people switched to blinds from curtains - you just can't get a good blow on blinds.

WholeLottaRosie Fri 05-Oct-12 18:11:31

Get one of these and your loo roll will look like tissues

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 05-Oct-12 18:15:32

I love tissues, we have them in many rooms.

We use the man size ones for at home and have the little packets for the dses at school and for me running. Those little packet tissues seem much more robust and less prone to tearing. On a good day I can run 10 miles on one tissue<proud>

Blowing your nose on loo roll is just manky!

SwedishEdith Fri 05-Oct-12 19:31:05

Only Kleenex Balsam will do. Have tried own brand balsams and they simply don't compare

Tempo tissues are very thick and strong. DH's favourite. grin

vodkaanddietirnbru Fri 05-Oct-12 19:41:46

we need them close at hand for when dd has one of her unexpected nose bleeds - saves getting blood on the carpet! She has a box of tissues in her bed too to try and save her sheets/pillow if she gets a nose bleed in the night and can't get to the bathroom fast enough. Had enough of the 'hammer house of horror effect' when she didnt have hankies to hand - blood on the bed, dripped on the floor, on the door, the lightswitch, etc!

maillotjaune Fri 05-Oct-12 19:53:49

Do women use hankies? My DH does, and likes them ironed so they fold flat (pointless as they just get shoved in a pocket). Sadly for him I don't do ironing for other peoplegrin and he can't be arsed.

They are manky though and tissues are much better than loo roll for noses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now