Failure to remove a dead mouse

(61 Posts)
bubbles11 Fri 05-Oct-12 10:23:06

Friday mornings are manic for me getting 2 children to nursery and also on Fridays I try to hoover the house (husband does not like the hoover going when he is home) and sort out formula milk/ something for dinner etc before going to work
Almost finished the hooovering this morning (one room to go) babies in the car, failed to get something out of the freezer for dinner because as i was going to get it i saw a dead mouse which our cat obviously brought in lying on the carpet in the room between me and the freezer (the only room i had not hoovered)
it is both pathetic and lazy of me to have left a voicemessage for husband at work saying when you get home can you pick up the dead mouse for me isn't it. he knows I have a total hatred of mice (dead or alive) but still this is pathetic of me. Been trying to concentrate since i got to work but wondering whether i can creep home at lunchtime to ask the neighbour to do it. trouble is it is a 20 min drive each way to get home & back

NellyJob Sat 06-Oct-12 09:53:25

a deep reading of OP reveals that twice she has described herself as ' failing', twice as 'pathetic', once as 'lazy', and has asked people to confirm that opinion of herself.
OP is your husband abusive?

RuleBritannia Sat 06-Oct-12 10:09:39

NellyJob

I suspect that's what her husband calls her and possibly the MIL as well.

AreAllMenTheSame2 Sat 06-Oct-12 10:51:01

Rulebrittannia I totally agree... Also have a suspicion that op's husband is a man child

Miltonia Sat 06-Oct-12 11:01:02

Please don't do a 40 minute round trip to deal with the mouse. It isn't going anywhere.

I never like to use indoor dustpans/brushes/tongs for dead mice. I get a garden trowel and flick the mouse onto some newspaper. Put newspaper and mouse in plastic bag, tie and put in bin. Sorted. Usually DH sorts the dead mice though, I don't know what he does and don't like to ask.

The mouse sounds the least of your problems though.

shesariver Sat 06-Oct-12 11:30:10

As people have said this is not about a dead mouse and I think deep down you know that. I suspect its the straw that broke the camels back that prompted you to post here and subconsciously you are asking for help. I could be really off mark and if I am I apologise but I dont think I am. You know locking your children in the car to hoover is not normal but this behaviour seems prompted by a fear of what you DH will do if you dont pander to him. What would he do if you hoovered whilst he was in the house? And why is he not doing his share of the housework?

And clearly you are scared that if you dont go home at lunchtime and pick up said dead mouse there will be a reaction from him.

shesariver Sat 06-Oct-12 11:36:04

it is both pathetic and lazy of me to have left a voicemessage for husband at work saying when you get home can you pick up the dead mouse for me isn't it.

Now this is worrying. Why do you think its pathetic? If it was me I would either leave a jokey message with my DH "theres a surprise in the kitchen for you" something like that or I would expect him to just do it - after all its his house to. What are you so scared of, really??

WilsonFrickett Sat 06-Oct-12 11:49:56

OP, I think you've gone. I just wanted to say, if you ever wanted to come back and post again there are people here who will listen to you and support you through anything. That's all, really.

mrsminerva Sat 06-Oct-12 11:54:23

Bubbles11 the situation will not go away, it will only get worse and you are being unkind to yourself if you don't address it. This sounds like a deeply assymetric relationship.

Softlysoftly Sat 06-Oct-12 11:55:40

Worrying op really worrying you need help.

And unless your home is the size of a postage stamp I predict those children are in the car 30-45 minutes? How early do they have to get up to get ready, clean the house and be to school/work on time?

It's cruel sorry, you need to think about your kids and yourself and have a serious think.

Thumbwitch Sat 06-Oct-12 11:59:13

I could manage a mouse, probably but if it had been a rat I'd have been just the same. I can't get near rats, dead or alive. And to compound that issue, my house in the UK had rats in there 3 times - twice with visible corpses. Both times I had to get some useful male to remove them blush

MadBusLady Sat 06-Oct-12 12:33:43

I hope you come back here bubbles. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now