To ask if anyone is doing Stoptoper?

(102 Posts)
KellyElly Sat 29-Sep-12 23:58:12

I.Am and. Will need some support come Momday. Who is with me???

DogsCock Thu 04-Oct-12 19:52:58

lesley - pmsl at your fella

TheOne - how many puffs do you get from the ten motives one. i.e how often are you buying a new one?

Itsnotahoover Thu 04-Oct-12 20:00:19

I've been buying the disposable ones as well as I find they consistently give me that "throat hit" whereas the £25 rechargeable one I bought was crap!

LesleyPumpshaft Thu 04-Oct-12 20:01:57

I tried a ten motives one and was unimpressed.

Don't know how many hits. I'm still on my first and I was a 15 a day kind of person. I don't use it as often as I smoked though.

KellyElly Fri 05-Oct-12 15:27:55

Went to the stop smoking clinic today and my carbon monoxide level is now at one smile

I don't know what that means but I'm assuming its good. Well done Kelly and everyone who's been trying this week. smile

WorraLiberty Fri 05-Oct-12 17:24:38

Just checking in to see how the whores, queens and sausages are doing grin

Well done kelly that's brilliant!

Don't know about the whores, queens and sausages but I'm on day 5 yay! grin

WorraLiberty Fri 05-Oct-12 17:54:24

Well done Hairy one, keep it up! grin

QueefLatina Fri 05-Oct-12 18:31:13

Hanging in there too!

Keep going everyone smile

KellyElly Fri 05-Oct-12 19:53:15

Thanks smile LOL where are whore and sausage??? Keep going everyone we are doing well. Now I need to stop replacing cigarettes with packets of Monster Munch that belong to my DD smile x

LesleyPumpshaft Fri 05-Oct-12 21:49:21

I bought a big bag of chuppa chups lollies. Got Zyban, gum and patches. The Zyban hasn't made me go psycho as scaremongering articles suggest, quite the opposite. smile

I'll probably have no teeth left come November though. blush

QueefLatina Sat 06-Oct-12 10:19:25

Went out for a drink last night and DID NOT SMOKE!

Had one massive craving and felt v irritable for a few minutes but that was it. I just kept saying to myself 'how great is it that I don't have to keep breaking off conversation with DH to go and stand on my own outside in the cold?'

Hope everyone's feeling strong today smile

That's brilliant Queef. Well done. smile

I went out last night and I did have two. blush I'm really cross with myself today though as I feel like all my effort was undone and I'm back at the beginning. sad

KellyElly Sat 06-Oct-12 16:33:03

Don't worry TheOne just start again. I cracked this morning and nicked a fag off my friend not because I was desperate for one but because I've been constipated since I gave up - always happens to me is that weird? Anyway it did the trick and I'm back on the inhaler again.

grin I get constipated too. I'm back in the right place now but I'm out again tonight.

Nights out are like buses. You wait for ages and then two come along at once. smile

KellyElly Sat 06-Oct-12 18:32:01

I know people who've given up who still have a fag when they go out. As long as it doesn't slip back into a habit what's the harm. I'll prob be the same when I go out. I'm a lone parent and have only been out twice this year so even if I do smoke when I go out it will probably equate to about ten a year which I can live with smile

LesleyPumpshaft Sun 07-Oct-12 09:50:21

Just wondering if anyone has tried Zyban before and if it gave them a 'speedy' effect. Despite having bugger all sleep because of a nasty cough (still getting over chest infection), my eyes feel as though they are about to pop out of my head and I can't sit still. I've got lots of cleaning done though!

I don't know about zyban sorry.

Well I feel better today. I think after smoking 15 a day for 15yrs it was always going to be a hard ask to be fine on a night out after only 5 days of stopping so I've decided not to beat myself up over it.

I actually feel fine today. No bad cravings but I'm glad I'm not going out again for a couple of months.

QueefLatina Sun 07-Oct-12 11:36:39

theone

Even though you had a couple of fags the other night, smoking is probably starting to feel like less of a habit to you now so you could go back to not smoking again. It would still be so easy to think 'oh well, I've ruined it now' and light up but you got straight back on the wagon. I'm pleased for you.

Hope all you quitters are still hanging in there!

KellyElly Sun 07-Oct-12 11:52:28

Lesley How long have you been on it? It works in the same was as an antidepressent and they make you feel like this for the first month until your body gets used to them. If it carries on just see your doc.

Thank you for the support everyone.

It's hard because no one in rl knows about my habit. Just dh and two non smoking friends. It's been great to have people to talk about this with.

Keep going everyone. smile

QueefLatina Mon 08-Oct-12 23:31:01

Another day done and I had my first smoking dream last night.

Allen Carr's book has helped massively to make this experience more positive, I really recommend it.

Keep going you lot!

QueefLatina Wed 10-Oct-12 14:37:07

Is there anybody out there?!

KellyElly Wed 10-Oct-12 17:04:16

I am smile I might need that book. Have had two slip ups. One was because I was drinking. Think its probably best to avoid alcohol for a while!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now