Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To ask if anyone is doing Stoptoper?

(102 Posts)
KellyElly Sat 29-Sep-12 23:58:12

I.Am and. Will need some support come Momday. Who is with me???

Me.......ANd i know i am going to need help!!

QueefLatina Sun 30-Sep-12 00:26:44

Me too, though I started today.

sausagesandwich34 Sun 30-Sep-12 00:30:17

me, but I started today too after running out of cigarettes last night

so far soo good but my god I haven't stopped eating this evening

SPsFanjoHarboursDeadCatsAgain Sun 30-Sep-12 00:34:18

Whwt is stobtopee??

WorraLiberty Sun 30-Sep-12 00:45:14

I used to smoke 30+ per day and I was the last person in the world I thought could actually give up.

I'd get to day 3 and burst into tears/want to kick small fluffy kittens.

But I managed to cut down drastically and then eventually give up totally by using This E-Cigarette

The best thing about it was that I could smoke 'normal' fags as well so I didn't feel as though I was depriving myself.

Whilst nicotine replacement is not advised if you can give up without it, it's certainly better than reaching for a real fag if you feel you have to have that nicotine hit.

Good luck OP.

KellyElly Sun 30-Sep-12 08:19:42

Thanks Worra was thinking about the efag. Whore, Queen and Sausages let's support each other. I really need to do this. I really enjoy smoking but I'm 34 and its time to kick the habit for me and my DD. I want to give up while she's still little before she knows what smoking is.

Dawndonna Sun 30-Sep-12 09:24:10

I'm 53. I gave up in January this year. I had tried numerous times. It wasn't easy, but I managed it, although I am now back at slimming world trying to lose the weight I gained. The e-cig is the way to go. I went cold turkey, no fags, straight on to e-cig. I found it brilliant.
Good Luck to all of you trying!

Mrsjay Sun 30-Sep-12 09:33:28

I was going to sign up but the advert said 'England only' I got a bit confused

WanderingWhistle Sun 30-Sep-12 09:44:27

Me, I'm doing it. Never felt more determined.
Good luck all stopptoberts xx

ScabbyHorse Sun 30-Sep-12 09:47:04

I'm in!

CatWantsPeopleFood Sun 30-Sep-12 09:51:12

I was going to do this but I actually started on Sept 16th, so I'm on day 14 already smile

KellyElly Sun 30-Sep-12 10:05:02

Cat well done. Did you just go cold turkey?

MrsJay surely it can be just england? Thought it was the whole of the UK.

We'll should all come back on this thread if we feel tempted to give in and talk each other out of it smile

ModernToss Sun 30-Sep-12 10:07:57

I'm planning on stopping on Halloween - I don't live in the UK, and Halloween this year is the 25th anniversary of when I stopped drinking. I reckon I should be able to give up my other addiction 25 years down the line!

Will be watching this thread with interest as I start to psych myself up.

KellyElly Sun 30-Sep-12 10:09:58

Good luck Modern. I'm sure you will do it as you have already more than proved your willpower smile

I'm in but I'm a bit scared iykwim. Got to do it this time.

KellyElly Sun 30-Sep-12 10:36:07

I know exactly what you mean TheOne.

WorraLiberty Sun 30-Sep-12 10:36:55

I must admit I haven't been out of bed long but seeing the words...

Whore, Queen and Sausages let's support each other

Just made me spurt hot coffee out of my nose! grin

grin

TrinityRhino Sun 30-Sep-12 10:53:18

I won't butt in (get it grin) anymore but O have stopped smoking indoors, day 4 now. Means a huge reduction in amount.

3 months since I stopped drinking.

Good luck everyone smile

KellyElly Sun 30-Sep-12 11:36:46

grin

CatWantsPeopleFood Sun 30-Sep-12 13:10:22

No I didn't go cold turkey, I'm using NRT- at the moment its just the NiQuitin mini lozenges but I did have patches too for the first few days, until I kept forgetting to put them on! Also I started giving up early on in august with Champix. I had to stop taking them because they made me feel ill, but although I never got to the point of quitting with them, I had cut down quite a bit.

QueefLatina Sun 30-Sep-12 18:35:11

On day 2 now. I have eaten so much I feel sick!

I have a mild feeling that things aren't as good as they usually are and then I remember and want to howl in anguish before the feeling passes and I'm back to the 'not feeling quite right' again.

Difficult to describe!

Good luck quitters!

QueefLatina Sun 30-Sep-12 18:36:28

Going cold turkey btw but with great help from apple and plum cobbler with custard.

relaxingathome Sun 30-Sep-12 18:38:30

I am starting a week late, I know excuses, but I turn 40 next week am having a big party and dont want to be fighting cravings, I will be starting on the 9th, planning on stopping drinking til xmas as well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now