To Be P***** Off at yet another expensive school trip

(853 Posts)
meah Fri 28-Sep-12 12:58:56

Hi, my ds has is now starting yr 9 & dd yr 8, in yr 7 a school trip was offered but cost was in the £300s (i forget exactly how much) being so expensive i couldn't afford it and it left both kids gutted when well over half of the kids in their yr got to go. ive just recieved another school trip email (not sure which yr not that it matters) offering a ski holiday trip, abroad for 6 nights for £680. which would be fantastic if i where loaded!! Why cant schools offer school trips that are affordable to all like they're supposed to instead of making those whos parents cant afford it feel left out!!! angry

Ohsiena Thu 04-Oct-12 17:27:25

Yep Jenai, I agree with you some can afford it easily, and a lot of others can make sacrifices to scrape together the money, I agree with that.

But some really can't, however much they might want to. They're the ones this thread is about. The children in that category.

'you' should have said 'you all' meaning the many who have made exactly the point I was referring to.

Ohsiena Thu 04-Oct-12 17:31:20

Oh, should have said I am Claire.

DonnaLFerguson Mon 13-Jan-14 20:57:30

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now