AIBU to think this woman should have posted on MN?

(53 Posts)
NarkedRaspberry Tue 14-Aug-12 20:42:06

Here

Her 21 year old son had a tattoo on his shoulder. She didn't talk to him for 3 days.

NervousAt20 Tue 14-Aug-12 20:43:36

I think of she put that on here should would have been burnt alive! That's a ridiculous article and MN can be a scary placeblush

WipsGlitter Tue 14-Aug-12 20:43:51

I read this and was shock at her reaction. So OTT. She has ishooooos!!

NatashaBee Tue 14-Aug-12 20:55:30

Can you imagine her reaction if he did something that was actually bad?

NarkedRaspberry Tue 14-Aug-12 20:58:11

It would have been glorious though Nervous wink

It's quite frightening. I feel sorry for whoever ends up with her as a MIL.

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 14-Aug-12 20:58:15

There's already been a thread about this.
It was unaminously decided that she was a silly cow.

KateSpade Tue 14-Aug-12 20:58:50

My mum cried and didn't speak to me when i did the following things:

Had my tongue pierced
Had my nose pierced
Mentioned i was thinking about having a boob job over text.

Im 23 she literally cried her eyes out, the text one was at work and she had to go home for the day, as she was so upset.

(I didn't just mention it then, I've been talking about it for years, i'd seen a good deal at a private hospital ending soon)

Mind got the arse and wouldn't speak to me for a couple of weeks after I went on TV in the nude. But then I got ill and she had to look after me, and promptly settled down as she reckoned I had been sufficiently punished for my badness...

NarkedRaspberry Tue 14-Aug-12 21:05:38

I missed the thread. I did search tattoo but I forgot to put a time frame in and my laptop froze grin

NarkedRaspberry Tue 14-Aug-12 21:07:32

Mine was surprisingly ok about piercings, including my tongue one. Mind you it's hard to stay mad at someone who can't say squirrel.

WildWorld2004 Tue 14-Aug-12 21:07:39

I nearly peed myself laughing at how ridiculous that woman was.

ChairOfTheBored Tue 14-Aug-12 21:12:35

One of the funniest articles I've read for a long time.

I think This is nothing but snobbery, I thinklatent anxiety about the trappings of class. As if my son had deliberately turned his back on a light Victoria sponge and stuffed his face with cheap doughnuts. was by far and away the pinacle of its humour.

Inneedofbrandy Tue 14-Aug-12 21:13:14

My mum likes my tatts, I did get up the duff at 17 mind after that a tatts nothing haha

Trills Tue 14-Aug-12 21:18:45

She would have been told she is BU.

thegreylady Tue 14-Aug-12 21:18:59

My son got a tattoo on his 40th birthday.He had wanted one since he was 16 but I hated the idea.He returned to it occasionally over the years but didn't do it.
He married when he was 26 and moved abroad. He continued to want a tattoo but life went by and we sometimes laughed about my vehemence especially when his younger sister returned from a gap year...tattooed smile
On his 40th birthday he told me to look at his fb page and there it was the tattoo in all its glory.A year later he got another.
He is a very respectable businessman and has a teenage dd who hates his tatts as does his dw and as do I but we all love him and tease him about his premature second childhood.
Its hard to see your pfb as all grown up.

Trills Tue 14-Aug-12 21:19:13

Some kinder posters might have suggested she get counselling.

blueemerald Tue 14-Aug-12 21:19:33

Wow. She's incredibly lucky her son didn't massively rebelled against her Bree Van De Kampness.

SirBoobAlot Tue 14-Aug-12 21:21:18

Christ Al-freaking-mighty.

Saying that, I told my mum I'd had my belly pierced whilst she was in the bath so she couldn't chase after me. And turned up at her work to tell her I was pregnant... If she wrote a journal it may well read like this wink

clpsmum Tue 14-Aug-12 21:22:36

What a stupid ignorant cow

JumpingThroughHoops Tue 14-Aug-12 21:26:20

I agree with her. Don't care if any of you are offended. Why would you destroy what God created? Tattoo's don't enhance anyone; it's just a branding, like cattle.

SirBoobAlot Tue 14-Aug-12 21:28:49

Hardly, Hoops. Its artwork. And seeing as my body is screwed up anyway, it will be an improvement when I get my tattoo done wink

Trioofprinces Tue 14-Aug-12 21:30:21

You know, I risk a flaming here but I actually felt sorry for the writer. I too hate tattoos and can understand the permanence issue and also the change in dynamic in her relationship with her son. I would be gutted if either of my DSs came home with tattoos, somehow it doesn't seem so bad that both my DSDs have them.

Might go and hide now.....

JumpingThroughHoops Tue 14-Aug-12 21:32:16

Was there not a thread earlier in the week on tattoo regret?

Each to their own I suppose, but I would be so disappointed if any of my children ever defaced themselves in such a way.

pjmama Tue 14-Aug-12 21:34:43

I think it's little to do with the tattoo and more about grieving the change in her relationship with her son - accepting that he's grown up and not her little boy anymore. She hugely overreacted I think, but I can kind of get what's at the core of it. Letting go is hard.

SmellsLikeWhiteSpirit Tue 14-Aug-12 21:34:44

I got my belly button done at 13 at a place that didn't ask for I'd lol and mum chased me out the house. Lip peircing at 17 was okay. Not read the article but over 16 I hope she'd me okay. My bro is covered in silly tats my mum doesn't care!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now