To want to know about MNHQ

(281 Posts)
Raspberrysorbet Tue 14-Aug-12 19:32:53

Do they all live in a comune? What are they called? Is Olivia ( the only name I know.) the strict one?

Do tell.

usualsuspect Tue 14-Aug-12 20:03:28

flyoverthehill, am I?

Coconutty Tue 14-Aug-12 20:03:32

I think they are really just two men called Nigel and Bernard who live off Pot Noodles and have giant beards.

Maryz Tue 14-Aug-12 20:04:28

Whoops here (I hope)

Maryz Tue 14-Aug-12 20:05:02

ilove, that's the same as the posters, there's only you, me and all our sockpuppets grin

LadyInThread Tue 14-Aug-12 20:05:10
amillionyears Tue 14-Aug-12 20:06:26

there is a frances/francis,seems new?
and a Rebecca.Cant remember the other names.
One of them has a son who is 4 and wants to go to the moon

Well, Rowan sent me arnica this morning after I got my knuckled rapped for losing my temper over somebody talking about TV licenses blush, so I now I picture her as a nurse in one of those white standy-uppy caps like on Call the Midwife.

I like to imagine they live in a massive command centre, with lots of beeping computers and spreadsheets pinned to the wall, and a big red 'delete' button with a special prodgy stick to poke it with, and piles of gin glasses everywhere. Sort of like the enigma codebreakers' offices but with more swearing.

Every now and again JustineMN stalks through like Glenn Glose in The Devil Wears Prada and they all have to grab their leopard-print scarves and put them on to look like Real MNers while they type away.

SoleSource Tue 14-Aug-12 20:07:35

MNHQ I wonder where they go to ask AIBU etc..must be lonely..unless they appear on MN in disguise...

amillionyears Tue 14-Aug-12 20:08:16

Sole,they do apparently

Oh, and when they press the big red delete button it sends seismic waves through the whole command centre and they all have to assume the brace position.

If too many people post about Mitmoo the whole place vibrates ever so slightly and the lights start flashing on and off. Most of them are scared but Olivia quite enjoys it.

Raspberrysorbet Tue 14-Aug-12 20:09:10

So there is
Olivia - the strict, hardworking one
Gowan - the kindly caring one

Who else?

LadyInThread Tue 14-Aug-12 20:11:33

LRD I am loving your description of MNHQ grin

Tee2072 Tue 14-Aug-12 20:11:49

Let me look through my magic mirror:

I see:

Olivia and Justine and Helen and OtherHelen and Rowan and Tech and Darren...

Tidybush Tue 14-Aug-12 20:12:36

Maryz the sad news is that building burned down a couple of weeks ago <true> and has been reduced to a pile of rubble so I hope everyone got out in time grin

<my only claim to fame is that I live up the road from Chaos>

I'll tell you something about MNHQ - They've put me in their bad books. I think I'm now probably orf...

SoleSource Tue 14-Aug-12 20:12:52

Olivia, Rebecca, Helen. I watched one MNowner give an interview on the news once. She had brown hair and a vair naice accent.

LRD Brilliant description grin

Is OtherHelen the same person as NewHelen?

amillionyears Tue 14-Aug-12 20:14:21

You did multiple threads for some reason,didnt you Chaos

Blimey TidyBush, how about that for cross-posts?

And blimey EmZed, how the friff did you get a picture of my car's bottom?

SIOB.

shock

usualsuspect Tue 14-Aug-12 20:14:44

Chaos what have you done?

My titphone, yup amillionyears. sad

usualsuspect Tue 14-Aug-12 20:15:38

Did you get done by MNHQ?

Think my phone is creating a tech nightmare for them usualsus. Don;t think it's tenable to be here any more really.

Maryz Tue 14-Aug-12 20:17:18

You will have to stick to the laptop and only post at night Chaos grin.

And as for the picture of mnhq (sadly burned down sad), TSSDNCOP

I got it off your profile you duffus

usualsuspect Tue 14-Aug-12 20:18:03

sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now