to bloody hate Rhyme Rocket?

(87 Posts)

I actually hate the two guys, their fake excitement makes me want to throw things at the TV. DH thinks I'm nuts.

Anyone else feel similar?

I even hate the sodding adverts for it

altinkum Tue 14-Aug-12 19:13:19

I love it, because ds1 is in a few of the rhyme visiting scenes.

LoveHandles88 Tue 14-Aug-12 19:20:21

YANBU. Total shite. Irritating, horrible and cheese.

Astr0naut Tue 14-Aug-12 19:23:30

I hate it. Ds and dd love it.

Dd is only 9 months. Ds didn't even watch cbeebies at 9 months.

/it's not as bad as Everything's Rosie, though. I just want to lawnmower the whole bloody lot of them.

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Tue 14-Aug-12 19:27:07

Damnit Lily, now you've made me think of them as real people! <guilt>

MammyToMany Tue 14-Aug-12 19:30:24

I have to turn the sound off. I really honestly can't stand it, it makes me stabby.

BlackholesAndRevelations Tue 14-Aug-12 19:32:29

I hate the toilet bit of the song, too! How ridiculous.

Abody Tue 14-Aug-12 19:49:50

Oh no! YAB totally unreasonable. I love it! DS LOVES it and ever since it started getting him into his car seat/ push chair / shopping trolley has become occasionally possible (a massive improvement), as long as I remember to say "don't forget get your seatbelt, it's going to be FAST! ..." etc. Bloody genius. Same smile on the other hand...

CatchTheFox Tue 14-Aug-12 20:00:11

haha YABU my 2 year old LOVES it, consequently I have seen all the episodes a bajillion times and know all the rhymes off by heart. HOE, TOE, SEEDS TO SOW, oh dear.

i am not kidding when i say i was genuinely excited by the new series starting on Monday. WTF has happened to my life that me and Mr Fox actually discuss the merits of the guest performers at length.

I think I need to go back to work.

CatchTheFox Tue 14-Aug-12 20:02:29

Yes Abody! Same Smile can fuck off! <high five>

GetDownNesbitt Tue 14-Aug-12 20:10:36

I fucking hate it.

The kids fucking love it.

They walk round singing the theme tune together.

People say 'awwww'

I say 'FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF! TRY LISTENING TO THE BASTARDING THING ALL FUCKING DAY!'.

Not out loud. Not yet, anyway.

LilyCocoplatt Tue 14-Aug-12 20:11:34

Raa Raa the noisy lion gives me the rage, why does he have to be so nasal and annoying, and why is his mouth on one side and not in the middle?

IgnoringTheChildren Tue 14-Aug-12 20:16:13

YABU! It's one of the few Cbeebies programmes that doesn't get me all ranty/sweary/stabby, although I have no idea why as it's the exact kind of thing I normally hate with a passion... Maybe because it reminds me a bit of Space Pirates (also shit but I miss it!)

I'm not saying I'd watch it through choice but it's sooo much better than Same Smile, Mr Bloom, Giggle Biz, Everything's Rosie, Tree Fu Tom and I Can Cook - all of which make me want to scream abuse at the tv!

IgnoringTheChildren Tue 14-Aug-12 20:19:10

Ooo I quite like Raa Raa! I really can't quite believe the person I've become since having children... grin

comelywench Tue 14-Aug-12 20:25:48

I can't decide whether I loathe it or secretly love it a bit. We have a complex relationship me and the rhyme rocket. Most days I hate it.

Why do children need to learn to rhyme anyway?

Lozzy21 Tue 14-Aug-12 20:27:40

Some of these comments have made me lol!

I hate it with a passion too,I physically cringe at the 'professor' in his white coat & literally want to stick something sharp in my eye so I don't have to witness his over the top,orgasm face when counting down!

Lovethesea Tue 14-Aug-12 20:30:20

I like Rhyme Rocket! They are so brilliantly insane and the song at the end is really catchy ... whizzing through space with a smile on our face ....

I like DD and DS seeing something set in space too, love sci fi, can't start it too young. And the Commander is female, alien and calls the shots.

DD has started rhyming since watching it too.

greenbananas Tue 14-Aug-12 20:31:48

I can't bear it, but DS loves it. Every child I know loves it. DS now spends hours 'playing' with rhymes (e.g. "toaster, doaster, boaster, loaster"), and I suppose this can only be a good thing.

I secretly admire those two young men for being so shamelessly over-the-top on national TV. Most of us can do it in private with a room full of children, but not many of us could do it in public surrounded by a TV crew.

EugenesAxe Tue 14-Aug-12 20:44:15

Astr0naut - glad I'm not the only Everything's Rosie hater. And Mike the Knight actually. I think that programme should be rewritten 'Mike the Brat', given every episode is basically a 'mission' to be as fucking arrogant as possible, realisation that the mission is flawed, and then 'doing it right'. That little chuckle he gives as he slides down, and the 'Woo hoo!' make me mad.

On the flip side, I love Octonauts, because I want to high five whoever it was that managed to make a cute little white bear look really serious and professional by giving him rectangular eyes and a deep voice.

FoofyShmooffer Tue 14-Aug-12 20:53:03

Yanbu about Rhyme Rocket.

Yabu about Officer Ditty. He's a bonny little thing. grin

DH also hates Mike the Knight. He thinks he's an arrogant swine.

I'm so pleased other parents have hated shows.

Bloody Rosie! The theme tune is constantly in my head. I really don't like cloud babies, but that's because I irrationally (well, apparently it's irrational) hate the word baba. Makes me feel ill

BrianButterfield Tue 14-Aug-12 21:24:51

I like Raa Raa but it's Hufty's mouth that's weirdest. It's on his cheek, ffs.

BulletProofMum Tue 14-Aug-12 21:29:02

The worst thing cheesiest has ever shown. Reassured that others feel the same. One of the rocket presenters has this ridiculous grin/ gurn. Dreadful program.

lozzy summed it up!
Bring back space pirates!

ISpyPlumPie Tue 14-Aug-12 21:40:02

DS has just discovered it (trying to move him on from the endless Peppa Pig/Ben & Holly output on Nick Jnr). Agree it's rather hyper, but he has started rhyming words since watching it. He gets annoyed if it's not wall and ball though, as this is inexplicably his favorite.

I quite enjoy some of the guests too blush

BulletProofMum Tue 14-Aug-12 21:41:22

Interesting that my autocorrect changed cbeebies into cheesiest!

I do wonder sometimes if the CBeebies controllers realise quite a few of their programmes make parents stabby.

DH can't stand Chuggington, has to leave the room to avoid throwing things at the telly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now