to bloody hate Rhyme Rocket?

(87 Posts)

I actually hate the two guys, their fake excitement makes me want to throw things at the TV. DH thinks I'm nuts.

Anyone else feel similar?

I even hate the sodding adverts for it

EugenesAxe Tue 14-Aug-12 17:28:52

I do get a bit 'Nnnnnnngggg...' about their '10!!!! 9!!!!! etc.' but I don't want to throw things. The geeky one seems to have a permagurn.

NB. I never use multiple exclamations, but as their fake excitement (word filch) is so overdone, I think it warrants it.

That's it! He does have a permagurn

TandB Tue 14-Aug-12 17:30:20

Yes! I loathe it. The two blokes seem to be trying to make themselves look as stupid as possible. And the children who they have on the computer screen also look like they are in a horror film - I think it is the angle they film them at.

I loathe it, luckily my son isn't dead keen either so am not subjected to it that often.

RugBugs Tue 14-Aug-12 17:38:53

I cringe every time I watch the song bit, it's so hideous I'm embarrased for them.
Luckily DD has a nap around that time so I only get to see it if I have somehow forgotten to switch to how I met your mother.

FutureNannyOgg Tue 14-Aug-12 17:55:56

Hate it. DS loves it though, he dances around to it, except he hates the trailer, sometimes he cries at the trailer.

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Tue 14-Aug-12 18:04:12

I can never decide which of the gurning fuckers I hate more.

FartyMcTarty Tue 14-Aug-12 18:08:21

It's shit, but DD loves it and has picked up on the idea of rhyme.

Nanny0gg Tue 14-Aug-12 18:10:21

YANBU! Not in the slightest.

Who wrote the rule that most CBeebies 'actors' have to patronise their viewers to the nth degree?

They're hideous!

(And they can't mime)

plutocrap Tue 14-Aug-12 18:44:14

It is insanely catchy, though, and my DS is also "getting" rhyme as a result.

I think they work bloody hard: imagine being that energetic at work! No wonder some people think CBeebies presenters are on drugs.

LilyCocoplatt Tue 14-Aug-12 18:47:25

It was getting a right slagging off on the facebook cbeebies page the other day and one of the actors (the one that wears the white coat in the programme) actually came on and thanked people for their constructive criticism, acknowledged that he sometimes acts "like a demented 5 year old" in the words of one poster and promised that if they make any future series he will tone it down a bit. Fair play to him, that must have taken a lot of courage and he has gone up in my estimation.

Goofus Tue 14-Aug-12 18:47:56

YANBU!!!
Oh, watching that bloke counting almost orgasmically (?) with the gurn makes me want to throw something at the telly!

handstandCrabForwardRollGold Tue 14-Aug-12 18:49:55

I sometimes think the sidekick one is quite good looking.

I hope it's just my sleep deprived bleary brain being easily pleased!

Meglet Tue 14-Aug-12 18:50:30

It does drive me up the wall but DD likes it and has learnt some words that rhyme so it's not all bad.

Pascha Tue 14-Aug-12 18:52:45

Its total shit. DS thinks its brilliant and as its aimed at him really I suppose he has the casting vote.

Goofus Tue 14-Aug-12 18:54:07

Lily aw now I feel mean. That's quite good of him. Thank goodness any future series' will be a bit more bearable. Hopefully.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 14-Aug-12 18:57:17

Hate, hate, hate it.

LilyCocoplatt Tue 14-Aug-12 18:58:55

He actually seemed really nice, I might have had a nose at his facebook page to see what he was like blush but there was nothing scandalous there, a couple of pics of him in a bar with the other one though, they both look totally different when not in character. Someone should really tell him to put his privacy settings higher grin.

tunnocksteacake Tue 14-Aug-12 18:58:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lulu1984 Tue 14-Aug-12 18:59:04

Is one of the guys the same one that does iconicles or do they just look similar?

MixedClassBaby Tue 14-Aug-12 19:00:48

Bloody hell, it's not that bad! I sometimes find it bizzarely comforting that I'm not the only crazed idiot leaping around at that time of the morning trying to raise a smile from DD1. I also find gigglebiz funny though so
perhaps I just need shooting in the head.

(Go to the toilet, flush...)

It annoys me massively and ds (4) now keeps asking for 'ham, jam and a great big clam' sandwich and has full on strops when I say no

I don't understand how anyone can be that enthusitic and energetic, so they have my respect, but god they are annoying

I can't stand it, even hearing the tune from another room makes me seeth. It's definitely the grin that makes me go fuck off grrrr. (would like to point out I'm usually quite calm)

CondoleezzaRiceKrispies Tue 14-Aug-12 19:09:26

The terribly directed mumbling children reciting poetry in a torpor like state drive me mad. Although maybe they're provided as a change of mood from the permagurn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now