Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Katie I can cook. God that woman

(120 Posts)
pickofthepops Tue 07-Aug-12 17:55:47

I have never been so irritated by someone on the telly. Saw it for first time in ages today and she is so bloody patronising. Is it just me who doesn't see the appeal. DS age four and I 'disagreed' on her talent but I really feel she is talking down to him and the other children. I know I clearly need to get a life but keen to know am not the only one who wants to tell her and her fruity dance to eff off

spidermanspiderman Tue 04-Dec-12 09:13:24

I really like katie, could not however stomach Annabel karmel. That programme was horrific!

comelywenchlywoo Tue 04-Dec-12 09:19:33

I used to hate her, but she's grown on me. Now I like her. However, I fear I'm just being brain washed by exposure to cbeebies. I like Poi now too and laugh at her jokes.

I'm not completely gone tho. I still hate the Rhyme Rocket and The Lingo show. Why do they show six or seven bugs then only ever teach us Mandarin. French or Spanish? I want to know more about the language that says "smelly-poo" for hello.

rant over

I would send her, Justin and the Rhyme Rocket crew on a one way trip into space.

Officer Ditty may be allowed to stay though, depends on my mood that day.

Katie's in a pantomime in Sunderland this year. I keep seeing the posters on the metro. I think it's Peter Pan.

And she is Peter Pan in it.

BumBiscuits Tue 04-Dec-12 09:32:17

Katie gives me the rage. I can tell she hates kids really.

However we did make the tickle buns and my fussy kids loved them.

Justin was on my punchlist until I heard how kind he was IRL at a day out for kids with cancer, that wasn't for telly. A friend of mine was one of the mums there.

Wandawingsthe2nd Tue 04-Dec-12 09:34:19

Zombie thread! Zombie thread!! STILL BLOODY RELEVANT THOUGH!

Poledra Tue 04-Dec-12 09:34:28

Ahhh, the joy that is having children who've outgrown CBeebies [smug grin] However, in Katie's defence, she was soooooo much better than Big Cock Little Cock that I loved her when she first appeared. If you want dead behind the eyes, just watch Big Cock dancing whilst waving the cleaning cloths.

DeWe Tue 04-Dec-12 09:37:52

I saw an episode recently where she joined a kids class for gym or something. The children were all perfectly behaved. Katie otoh decided to behave like a very silly 4yo. Jumping in the wrong place, falling over on purpose etc. Bet the teacher hated it.

Certainly the wrong thing to show because dc like my ds who thinks that sort of thing is funny and I've been at great stakes to persuade him it isn't acceptable and isn't funny was looking going "well if an adult does it, why shouldn't I?)

The other children in the class were looking at her confused

WileyRoadRunner Tue 04-Dec-12 09:41:20

My DD was on I can cook.

The whole experience was awful with the exception of Katy. She was very dedicated to the children and if it is all an act sh was very good at keeping it up for 12 hours straight!

She was definitely preferable to the production staff that's for sure.

Kalisi Tue 04-Dec-12 09:50:16

She's annoying no doubt about it but the kids love her so she must be doing something right. Dr Ranj on the other hand! How can you like him?? He does my nut in. Those eyebrows, that perfect shit- eating grin. >shudder<
And don't get me started on Pois little bo peep! hmm

BrittaPerry Tue 04-Dec-12 09:57:59

Me and DH call her lonely Katie. Her segments on the inbetween bits have an air of desperation, and often it is just her. She doesnt look comfortable. We think she watches cbeebies at night and cries into her gin.

gallifrey Tue 04-Dec-12 09:58:04

I quite like her, I bloody hate Justin/Mr Tumble though

gallifrey Tue 04-Dec-12 09:59:59

Poledra, we used to call it big cock little cock too, and that poor man always looked like he hated every minute of it. I bet as soon as the camera's stopped rolling he would say thank fuck that's over!

WilsonFrickett Tue 04-Dec-12 10:45:31

Oh Big Cock, Little Cock. I always imagined Little Cock self-flagellating into his gin as he wept. Whoever said dead behind the eyes up thread was right.

Carinaamariee Wed 22-May-13 16:49:38

I thought it was just me who thought she was a condesending little bitch haa, She looks really shabby and when i look at her she looks like she isnt a very nice person and she looks proper snobby. She just annoys me haha

Sparklypinknails Wed 22-May-13 17:18:09

Can't imagine disliking someone off telly so much that I'd resurrect a five month old thread! hmm

I'm usually the first to pile in but I don't mind her. And she's preggers so I'd feel sad if she read this as could be a mumsnetter

That one who does Smile and the new "I've been going to drama school and over acting since I could talk" presenter annoy me much more.

Our fave is Rebecca on let's play. She should marry Sid.

Big Cock was on the wright show this morning. There is life after cbeebies

Heartbrokenmum73 Wed 22-May-13 17:26:26

Nooooooo! Leave Katy (with a y, I think you'll find) alone. They might bring back Big Cook, Little Cook and then where would we be?

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children (and me)?

Actually it was little cock. The one who rode around on the spoon. Bloody terrible .

bluesheep Wed 22-May-13 17:46:01

Ah, I have to stick up for Little Cock. The program was bloody awful, but I met him once at a relative's wedding (he was the best man) and he was really lovely. My kids were totally starstruck by him, and he ended up being surrounded by kids all day following him around like sheep! He was really patient with them all to his credit.

He came across well this morning too. smile

alanet Thu 23-May-13 15:51:58

Surprised no-one mentioned that she never clears up, just stands and sings whilst the child slaves are forced to do it all.

Levantine Thu 23-May-13 15:55:51

I was going to say thank god she isn't Sarah Jane but I see several of you have beaten me to it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now