Katie I can cook. God that woman

(111 Posts)
pickofthepops Tue 07-Aug-12 17:55:47

I have never been so irritated by someone on the telly. Saw it for first time in ages today and she is so bloody patronising. Is it just me who doesn't see the appeal. DS age four and I 'disagreed' on her talent but I really feel she is talking down to him and the other children. I know I clearly need to get a life but keen to know am not the only one who wants to tell her and her fruity dance to eff off

pickofthepops Tue 07-Aug-12 21:51:08

Hmmm poor thing? She is taking more time slots on cbeebies so suspect she is raking it in. I just don't find her v sincere but maybe that is what goes down well. And I think she's quite smug. But hey. An sure she has many good points.

Colourmehappy2 Mon 03-Dec-12 23:41:46

I think the most annoying thing about her is that men are fooled by her, her smile doesn't meet her eyes, there is something about her that I cant put my finger on, she seems nice n all and I can cook is a good show 4 kids , rrrrr she irritates the shit outa me , why is that?

Kill it with fire.

hiviolet Mon 03-Dec-12 23:45:07

I hate her, I hate her singing and I hate her fake laugh.

But Nisha from Same Smile is EVEN WORSE on all fronts angry

LucieMay Mon 03-Dec-12 23:45:59

She is terrible. Luckily ds always hated her too and never wanted to watch it!

Katie really doesnt offend when compared to mighty mites or nisha. Oh I hate same smile. Hate hate hate.

I also incredibly dislike the children on the green balloon club.

Colourmehappy2 Mon 03-Dec-12 23:52:51

aw she just seems fake that's all

trikken Mon 03-Dec-12 23:53:03

oh god, Nisha makes me really annoyed grr. she is super false and her shrill voice grates. give me Dr. Ranje (sp?) over them any day.

Colourmehappy2 Mon 03-Dec-12 23:58:37

Nisha is annoying as hell but still not as bad as Katy grr

narmada Tue 04-Dec-12 00:00:37

Oh Nissha. In a different world of awfulness to Katie. Amd that bloody 'same smile' programme- so try hard and trite is its 'different but the same' message. reminds me of the song 'the world is just a great big onion'.

WilsonFrickett Tue 04-Dec-12 00:03:04

'she' is a character. She's been written and directed and - ok - poorly acted that way. And she's certainly not raking it in. Katy Ashworth on the other hand is just an actor doing her job.

Sorelip Tue 04-Dec-12 00:04:02

I like Katie. DS likes her even more, but then he's mesmerized by any smiling woman. He also loves Mr Tumble. I don't know if I can put into words how much I hate Mr Tumble. "Mr Tumble makes us laugh"? No he fucking doesn't.

Colourmehappy2 Tue 04-Dec-12 00:04:29

I cant watch it I go out the room

Colourmehappy2 Tue 04-Dec-12 00:08:17

Katy is an actor doing her job yes, a bad actor or she wouldn't be in kids tv, jeez that sounds awful saying that, but ahh I dunno I just cant seem to like her, no matter how hard she tries, why is that?

Nanny0gg Tue 04-Dec-12 00:09:31

Why has Mr Tumble deepened his voice for the new series? Didn't he think he sounded 'manly' enough?

pELFicFloorClenchReminder Tue 04-Dec-12 00:12:02

You say 'manly', I hear 'creepy'

WilsonFrickett Tue 04-Dec-12 00:13:55

She's not actually a bad actor, she got a first on her course and she auditioned for a colleague of mine and was terrific. I would imagine it's all about the writing. But then I'm a writer, so I would say that. There's also a 'house style' for want of a better word around cbeebies which seems to result in lots of nose-wrinkly-enthusiastic acting. Thats not necessarily the actors' fault.

SantaWearsGreen Tue 04-Dec-12 00:15:37

^ yessss Mr Tumble's voice has gone all deep. I hate the new series, he seems to have gone really OTT with Mr Tumble.. can't explain it but its too irritating for me to cope with as is Katie.. She does seem very false. Can't stick the green balloon kids, or rhyme rocket dudes either. Or Jemima on Grandpa in my pocket.

Best one is Dr Ranj.

Colourmehappy2 Tue 04-Dec-12 00:17:07

sorry If u know the gal, didn't mean 2 offend, but .... jeez shes annoying and it comes across

Nanny0gg Tue 04-Dec-12 00:17:23

I agree. Wilson. All of them (Especially Rhyme Rocket) seem really over the top and think that gurning at children is funny.
I wish they'd pander to intelligence and not treat children like idiots.

Colourmehappy2 Tue 04-Dec-12 00:31:42

aside from katie (g the gal a break) I really cannot stand special agent oso 3 special steps till I blow the tele up!

HaleAndHeartyYuletideAges Tue 04-Dec-12 00:35:02

Rhyme Rocket dude makes me so irrationally angry. The git who gurns and thinks he's the bastard offspring of Chris Barrie and Jim Carey - aaaaaaargh.

Can't stand the irritating Scottish robot nurse friend of Dr Ranj. She can't act, has no warmth, seems to actively dislike humans and i just can't understand how she got the job. I mean, there's a considerable amount of singing in her role yet they do the world's worst autotune on her singing, so why bother hiring her? Were there no other applicants?

I'm strangely transfixed by Dr Ranj's Olly Murs jaw too.

BovineUddersAkimbo Tue 04-Dec-12 03:08:12

YANBU. I can't bear to watch her. DH on the other hand is besotted with her. The other day he called her 'stunning' shock [fandgry]

BovineUddersAkimbo Tue 04-Dec-12 03:08:59

Or angry. Although fandgry is quite appropriate too.

MrsToddsShortcut Tue 04-Dec-12 08:36:05

I don't mind Katie (remembers Sarah Jane era CBeebies <shudder>). I also don't mind the nurse on Get Well Soon, but that nursey song she sings is just awful. I am also transfixed by Dr Ranj's eyebrows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now