ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Parking wars

(677 Posts)
RealityIsNOTWarren Sun 17-Jun-12 19:54:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RealityIsNOTWarren Tue 19-Jun-12 18:12:28

TheMonster Tue 19-Jun-12 18:13:58

Excellent! I would be doing the same grin

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Jun-12 18:34:07

This is fab! So where is he parked now?

RealityIsNOTWarren Tue 19-Jun-12 18:44:03

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Jun-12 18:50:48

Doh!

So he really does have a problem with his drive then. Maybe your neighbour will start asking why no bugger ever parks on their drive any more. grin

TheDetective Tue 19-Jun-12 18:50:52

I have a solution for you! What you do is, when your DH gets his new car, one of you needs to park it on HIS drive whenever he parks in front of your house. When he asks what you're playing at, you can tell him that he doesn't seem to need his drive for his cars, so you figured it would be sensible to park their if he isn't going to bother grin

I also have a theory. Do you reckon they are comitting benefit fraud? I had an experience of this when younger. Someone I know kept parking their car all over the street instead of their 3 car drive, causing all kinds of problems as it was such a narrow road that fire engines, trucks etc couldn't get past them. Turns out he didn't want to park the car on the drive so no one would know he was living there. Which is a bit thick if you ask me. But never mind...!

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Jun-12 18:52:18

Or it might be that the bailiffs are going to reposess it. wink

TheFarSide Tue 19-Jun-12 19:01:56

Loving this thread.

Can you enlist the help of all your neighbours to also park outside their houses so he has nowhere to go other than his drive?

RealityIsNOTWarren Tue 19-Jun-12 19:03:48

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Jun-12 19:12:17

Keep an eye on the local newspaper-in the letters section. he may put pen to paper. grin

Emandlu Tue 19-Jun-12 19:13:03

grin I just read right through the thread and then your last comment really made me giggle! Reality

Emandlu Tue 19-Jun-12 19:14:26

Bother, an extra "!" I didn't mean that to be there.

must remember to preview posts before posting

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Jun-12 19:16:02

His bloody drive is the 'big thing' in all this, and he's not using it. angry

everlong Tue 19-Jun-12 19:28:16

Hang on, I'm lost.

Tell me again why you don't park on your drive?

Is this all about the future when your dh gets a car.

The neighbour sounds a dick btw.

RealityIsNOTWarren Tue 19-Jun-12 19:32:14

Beamur Tue 19-Jun-12 19:35:24

Ha!
My Mum has neighbours who are really anal about 'their' parking spaces (on the public highway..) which I have emailed the Council about (and they've done nothing). But woe betide anyone who parks in the wrong place! I've done it couple of times now and have come back to my car to find it blocked in by some twat who has tried to park as close to 'their' space as they can, regardless of if it blocks someone in or not. Grrr.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 19-Jun-12 19:38:52

Go Reality. <waves pompoms>

everlong Tue 19-Jun-12 19:39:35

I don't frigging blame you.

It sounds like he's just a weirdo that has become obsessed with getting into your spot so to speak wink

Lambzig Tue 19-Jun-12 19:47:32

Good for you. My DH is obsessed with getting the parking space outside our house (road is row of terraces so parking is a free for all, but residents only) and last week went out at 2.30 am in his pants to move the car into it.

He has actually refused to go somewhere by car before now as he doesnt want to lose the space. Drives me crazy

TBH Reality, with your childminding and the parents dropping off/picking up, you parking on the roadway is the most sensible thing to do anyway.

I would really have to have a quiet word with his wife to ask why he is so reluctant to park on his own drive. And then, I would probably ask her if I could park there instead. Who knows, she just might say yes just to drive it home to her husband how bizarrely he is behaving and that she has had enough of it.

Lambzig, has he told you why it is such a big deal to him? I am honestly interested in the why. I can see why it could be an issue if you're loading or unloading lots of shopping/children, or if you have mobility problems; but for the average able-bodied driver on their own coming home from work with only the evening paper to carry, I serioudly struggle to see the problem.

For myself, I live quite close to the town centre, so it used to be really difficult to find a parking space at all, in our street, adjoining streets etc. The council brought in parking meters and extra wardens and now I can get parked in my own street anytime, I see this as such a luxury so I don't care where in the street I park.

TheCraicDealer Tue 19-Jun-12 20:36:55

So when you had the builders in he didn't move his car for two weeks?! That's commitment right there. Be careful Reality, you're playing with the big boys now....

RealityIsNOTWarren Tue 19-Jun-12 20:51:22

RealityIsNOTWarren Tue 19-Jun-12 20:53:29

RealityIsNOTWarren Tue 19-Jun-12 20:53:49

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now