Why don't you just start parking there instead of on your drive? I would grin

thepeoplesprincess Sun 17-Jun-12 19:59:17

Park outside his house then.

RealityIsNOTWarren Sun 17-Jun-12 19:59:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RealityIsNOTWarren Sun 17-Jun-12 20:04:28

39widow Sun 17-Jun-12 20:09:48

oookkk so he complaining cos someone parked across your drive ... think he needs a life
i would have a word with him, and tell him to move his car - failing that i would park my car outside my house and never move it :D

Kitchentiles Sun 17-Jun-12 20:14:47

As has been said a thousand times on threads like these, he is perfectly entitled to park outside your house. On that basis, I would not get drawn into it or try to tell him not to. Park outside your house when the space is free and elsewhere when it isn't. Don't get all obsessed about it, that way misery and madness lie.

Sparklingbrook Sun 17-Jun-12 20:17:38

Why can't he park his 2 cars in his 2 car drive? confused

RealityIsNOTWarren Sun 17-Jun-12 20:18:34

DontmindifIdo Sun 17-Jun-12 20:18:41

oh lord I would park outside your house, not on the drive - if you can avoid using the car for a good week or two that would be even better, let's start breaking the habit for him now... if you see him, you could mention that you'll be getting a second car soon, are rather excited about it, but annoyed that the insurance are insisting that the new car is parked on the drive, so you'll have to put yours on the road outside the house, which means you'll have to pay a little more for the insurance for that car and you're so jealous of his drive he can get two cars on, it must make his insurance cheaper to be able to say he parks them both on the drive...

RealityIsNOTWarren Sun 17-Jun-12 20:19:13

Westcountrylovescheese Sun 17-Jun-12 20:19:54

Totally agree with kitchentiles. You don't own the road outside your house anymore or any less than he does.... or me, or anyone else for that matter.

RealityIsNOTWarren Sun 17-Jun-12 20:20:07

avivabeaver Sun 17-Jun-12 20:21:36

make his piss boil

buy a cone and put it out when your dh drives off

see what he does

RealityIsNOTWarren Sun 17-Jun-12 20:21:50

RealityIsNOTWarren Sun 17-Jun-12 20:22:54

TidyDancer Sun 17-Jun-12 20:23:15

That is utterly bizarre behaviour....does he have imaginary visitors?

Sparklingbrook Sun 17-Jun-12 20:23:22

If there was no space on his drive I would think well he has to park somewhere so it could be outside your house. But if there is space on his drive he should park in it surely?

Dare I ask if he has a garage?

Passmethecrisps Sun 17-Jun-12 20:24:45

Very diplomatic don'tmind. Nothing like parking to make same people lose it.

As sparkling said why can't he park his two cars in his two-car drive? We have this also - neighbours with a drive and a garage but still use the on street parking. Their right completely but a bit off when this means that others without the luxury of a drive or a garage are left without parking.

ENormaSnob Sun 17-Jun-12 20:24:47

Park over his face.

Dick head.

grin norma!

RealityIsNOTWarren Sun 17-Jun-12 20:27:53

Oh my God! I've only just realised what your name is! ENormaSnob

DontmindifIdo Sun 17-Jun-12 20:30:33

Actually, it could be worth mentioning the insurance thing, I bet he's told them he parks it on his drive when not in use, might be worth reminding him of that fact even in a round about way.

But definately parking outside your house whenever possible leaving your drive free, it's worth trying to train him to use his drive.

Could it be that his DW doesn't like/can't/won't drive his car, so he leaves his on the road so she doesn't need to back it off the drive when she wants to use hers.

lowestpriority Sun 17-Jun-12 20:32:24

One of our neighbours a few doors down started parking outside our house, even though he has his own driveway.
I was a bit suprised but as we also have a driveway just shrugged it off.
HOWEVER, we soon realised that, as he worked shifts, he would rev his car for ages at 5am to get it warmed up in winter, which woke us up as it was right below our bedroom window.
Best of it was, when I mentioned this to another neighbour, they told me he did not park on his driveway as he didn't want to disturb his wife so early in the morning.
So it was okay for him to come and wake us up but not his DW.
I just started parking our car there instead of our driveway....he soon got the message.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now