Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be in shock four hour later

(491 Posts)
Rhinosaurus Tue 01-May-12 11:17:00

This morning, my son - the 15 year old

........ who cannot get out of bed.
........who misses two school buses a week because he gets out of bed at 0750 (bus leaves at 0800).
........who sits on the sofa and stuffs food wrappers down the side rather than walk across the room to the bin.
.........who goes to put something in the dishwasher, but when he sees it is full of clean stuff having just finished its cycle, stacks plates and cups up on the worktop waiting for someone else to empty it.
.........who puts clean clothes in the laundry basket rather than fold them up and put them away.

was downstairs in the kitchen today, dressed in school uniform, at 0730, emptying the dishwasher with a cup of tea made for me on the table.....
confusedshockconfusedshockconfusedshockconfusedshock

Is he on drugs?

Is there a major unreasonable request coming up, requiring girding of the loins......

Help!

Debsbear Tue 01-May-12 11:18:26

I'd be VERY worried. (and then make the most of it!!)

Kaluki Tue 01-May-12 11:18:32

He's after money.
grin

yanbu to be in shock. ywbu to expect it to be altruistic.

startail Tue 01-May-12 11:19:00

He wants something, has lost something or broken something grin

ImaginateMum Tue 01-May-12 11:19:03

Hee hee - hope it is the sign of a new beginning. (but would personally be suspicious...)

Sparklingbrook Tue 01-May-12 11:19:04

Umm that doesn't sound right at all. I would be afraid. shock

GinPalace Tue 01-May-12 11:19:17

<Reads post twice to make sure it wasn't a trick>

<Suspects troll - this couldn't be real life>

<unsuspects troll - too obvious>

<brightens at thought of helpful teenagers and feels cheerful>

<hands OP a congratulations card and thanks >

LeBOF Tue 01-May-12 11:19:42

Sugary tea. And sit down. Have you got anyone who can keep you company?

Sparklingbrook Tue 01-May-12 11:20:06

Did you say anything?

He's got a girlfriend.

dexter73 Tue 01-May-12 11:20:40

Got a new girlfriend?

ToryLovell Tue 01-May-12 11:20:53

Hmmm its gonna cost you

sleepsforwimps2010 Tue 01-May-12 11:20:57

im with kaluki
this sounds expensive!!

NameGotLostInCyberspace Tue 01-May-12 11:21:13

hes in love! smile

Where does he want a lift to? Which gig does he want permission to go to?

NameGotLostInCyberspace Tue 01-May-12 11:21:33

cross post!

Has he showered?

I'm sorry to tell you but I think there might be a girl (or possibly a boy) he likes. Typical crush behaviour!

MissFaversham Tue 01-May-12 11:23:29

Yep deffo wants something HUGE grin

Rhinosaurus Tue 01-May-12 11:31:56

I don't think it's a girl, he has had a few girlfriends, and isn't usually backward about telling us about them.

Other laziness is going to school with pyjama bottoms on because "couldn't be bothered to take them off". When the toilet roll runs out leaving the empty cardboard roll on the holder and putting the new roll on the floor.Texting from his bedroom to ask when tea is ready. Putting a bottle of pop with 2mm of pop left back in the fridge. Using the last of the cheese and leaving the wrapper in the fridge. Taking three, yes three hours to wash my small car, and then hadn't done the wheels.

Oh no, that means its MONEY/LIFT at a completely unreasonable hour
or
he has left his teenageitis Kevinness behind finally.....

Hmmm nice to dream I suppose

monkeymamma Tue 01-May-12 11:35:47

He washed your car??!! (Albeit without doing the wheels).

I have a sneaking respect that he goes to school in PJ bottoms. Wonder if I can get away with the same (work not school)...?

(PS my DH and I both do the thing with the toilet rolls. Sometimes there are several empty card rolls stacked up...)

Sidge Tue 01-May-12 11:44:14

He wants something; probably something expensive or illegal.

He's done something; probably something expensive or illegal.

(Alternatively he's been abducted by aliens who have inserted an alien impostor in his place and hadn't programmed it properly.)

Rhinosaurus Tue 01-May-12 11:45:25

Well Monkeymamma I can only diagnose delayed adolescent in you and your OH!!!!

Yes he did wash my car (for a fiver!). And I did mean pyjama bottoms under his school trousers (not sure how the red family guy PJs would have gone down at school).

Sparklingbrook Tue 01-May-12 11:45:26

You are going to be a grandma. <runs away>

CremeEggThief Brazil Tue 01-May-12 11:47:05

Yep, have to agree with everyone else. He wants something BIG!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now