Fucking hell im so upset and downright furious

(205 Posts)
WhaleOilBeefHookedIWill Tue 24-Apr-12 21:44:39

A letter on a scrap of paper has been sent through my front door. It claims to be from a 'concerned' resident in the close which reads.

'Dear Neighbour,
I write to you out of concern for the value of my home and others in the cul de sac. I have written to yourself and two other residents in the close. Firstly I would like to apologise if this offends you in any way but I feel it needs to be said.
I appreciate that we all live very busy lives but I feel that we owe it to each other to spend a small amount of time on the upkeep of our property. I can only pressume that you did not realize your home looks a mess. I feel concerned for the value of my home and feel we owe it to each other to make an effort to keep our homes looking nice.
Your house reminds me of a poverty stricken council house with toys regularly strewn on your drive and your blinds look a mess. Once again I apologise if this offends you but again I would like to be told if I was upsetting others around me.

IllegitimateGruffaloChild Tue 24-Apr-12 21:45:31

Is it true?

letseatgrandma Tue 24-Apr-12 21:46:02

Blimey-I'd be really pissed off!

What does your house look like-is this a fair summmary?

IvanaNap Tue 24-Apr-12 21:46:43

ahahahahaaa

IvanaNap Tue 24-Apr-12 21:46:58

How absurd

WorraLiberty Tue 24-Apr-12 21:47:10

Cheeky, cowardly fucker! shock

WhaleOilBeefHookedIWill Tue 24-Apr-12 21:47:34

The garden is fine, its got stones and a wall my husband built. There are toys sometimes on the drive as the kids play out at times but thats hardly a crime is it?

BarredfromhavingStella Tue 24-Apr-12 21:47:51

Cheeky twat, is it true by the way? wink

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Tue 24-Apr-12 21:48:16

I am fighting the urge to see if a note has been put through my door now grin is anyone else?

everlong Tue 24-Apr-12 21:48:32

Really?

5inthebed Tue 24-Apr-12 21:48:33

You need to paint your front door neon pink in protest!

Cheeky sod!

DPrince Tue 24-Apr-12 21:48:57

Is it right? Do you have an idea who sent it? Its very strange.

LoopyLoopsTootTootToots Tue 24-Apr-12 21:49:05

Do the toys come in at night?

Either way, YANBU. This line: "Your house reminds me of a poverty stricken council house with toys regularly strewn on your drive and your blinds look a mess" is shocking. The rest could just about be construed as genuine concern. Is it anonymous?!!

Olympia2012 Tue 24-Apr-12 21:49:16

What was said to the two others??

SecretNutellaFix Tue 24-Apr-12 21:49:40

Dear concerned neighbour.

If you were genuinely concerned then your cowardly note would have contained your name and address. As it didn't I can only assume you are being an interfering busybody. Keep your pointy nose out of other people's private business. Concern yourself with what is your own responsibility and butt out of that which does not concern you. Until you pay the mortgage on my property, then it is none of your concern.

yours

Whale oil.

LoopyLoopsTootTootToots Tue 24-Apr-12 21:49:42

I think you need to get a broken fridge and half a motorbike.

AyeRobot Tue 24-Apr-12 21:50:15

Nice try.

"poverty stricken council house". hehehehehehehehheheheh

WorraLiberty Tue 24-Apr-12 21:50:30

Anyway, I thought everyone knew you don't put notes through your neighbour's doors slagging them off.

You join MumsNet and do it here grin

LoopyLoopsTootTootToots Tue 24-Apr-12 21:51:13

Put SNF's note through the letter box of any houses with topiary in your close.

WhaleOilBeefHookedIWill Tue 24-Apr-12 21:51:18

Secret- thank you, I will be letter dropping this to everyone in the 'cul de sac' tommorow! With PS its a close you fucking moron

BreastmilkDoesAFabLatte Tue 24-Apr-12 21:51:44

Coward. I have a neighbour who'll say it to your face.

WorraLiberty Tue 24-Apr-12 21:52:15

I think you need to get a broken fridge and half a motorbike

And a Dagenham Dalek grin

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 24-Apr-12 21:52:16

And a knackered sofa or a delapidated caravan.

HecateTrivia Tue 24-Apr-12 21:52:17

Oh that's hilarious. What an arse.

I'd be looking on ebay for a scrap car to stick in my front garden after that!

Ignore.

DO NOT tidy up. In fact, add more toys. But DO NOT let this person think that their stupid note has made to do as you're told.

faeriefruitcake Tue 24-Apr-12 21:52:18

I'm with SecretNutellaFix on this one. What a cheek!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now