To think that i have stumbled on a miracle cure for verrucas?

(117 Posts)
Gasbluewithlavenderbeads Sat 10-Mar-12 20:22:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

belindarose Sat 10-Mar-12 20:24:10

Wow, that's great. I had the same problem. It was cured by my honeymoon to Venezuela!

MrFunnytheEasterBunny Sat 10-Mar-12 20:29:36

I had these for a few years too, in the end, I sanded them until they bled, put on one of those verucca plaster things and left it for about a week. They were so traumatised that they disappeared and didn't come back.

A podiatrist friend of mine was [shocked] that i had been so aggressive to them, but she said they are notoriously difficult to treat. She did say if I had left them they would have probably gone by themselves, but I was bored of waiting! She also said that oncetheygo you are unlikely to have a recurrence, but not sure whether to believe that given that they hadn't disappeared on their own!

Tw1gl3t Sat 10-Mar-12 20:41:49

Mine went when I accidentally stood in a puddle of acid that had bled out of a friend's pipe-work that I was trying to clear!

Kayano Sat 10-Mar-12 20:41:52

As a minging teenager who didn't even know I had a verucca, I cured
Myself by poking and prodding it out with a pair of scissors and a pen that didn't work.

Eeeeeeee minging blush

redyam Sat 10-Mar-12 21:01:21

Verrucas dont last forever, they eventually die and disappear. Maybe that is what happened.

Gasbluewithlavenderbeads Sat 10-Mar-12 21:19:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhiteTrash Sat 10-Mar-12 21:22:51

My poor son has a massive one on his big toe. It hurts constantly as hes walking on it, he mentions it every day.

From experience I know they're a bastard to get rid off. Its bedm a couple of months already.

suburbandream Sat 10-Mar-12 21:23:14

Like Redyam said, they do eventually go on their own. But if you want the ultimate in pain-free cures, it's got to be banana skins! Yes really, put a bit of banana skin slimy side down over the verruca with a plaster to hold it in place. Change the banana peel every day and it'll be gone within a fortnight honest smile

gitinora Sat 10-Mar-12 21:29:49

Yes i second banana skins, had one for years tried everything and them someone told me to rub banana skin on it each night, after 4 nights it had gone.

NeedlesCuties Sat 10-Mar-12 21:42:00

I caught one in 2003 and it is still lingering on!!!!! The fecker just seems to fade but never die.

I went to a chiropodist and she said that approx 85% of her clients are there because of verrucas.

She told me to cover it with duct tape (the thick silver coloured tape) and to keep re-applying it. I've been doing it for 2 months and it has died down, but not completely dead yet.

Hateful thing that it is sad

I must try some of the tips here >makes notes<

OriginalJamie Sat 10-Mar-12 21:45:17

My chiropodist recommended duct tape as well. It worked..
Also try tea tree oil. It works on nearly everything <exaggerates>: spots, infected cuts, thrush, athletes foot ....

DoMeDon Sat 10-Mar-12 21:46:36

I thought this would be a banana skin thread grin They do die but they fecking hurt while they're at it!

DoMeDon Sat 10-Mar-12 21:47:05

THRUSH!?! ouch

OriginalJamie Sat 10-Mar-12 21:47:58

drop on a tampon

Disclaimer : I am not a Doctor

landofsoapandglory Sat 10-Mar-12 21:50:44

DS2 had lots of veruccas. We tried everything to no avail. We left them alone and they disappeared overnight!confused

AdventureInKL Sat 10-Mar-12 21:51:16

Kayano I also yanked mine out with scissors as a teenager.

DoMeDon Sat 10-Mar-12 21:53:06

Clearly grin I have heard of tea tree pessaries and thought OUCH then too.

OriginalJamie Sat 10-Mar-12 21:55:53

Honestly, does not hurt

I love tea tree oil

NoGoodAtHousework Sat 10-Mar-12 21:57:31

I had so many as a teenager you couldn't see the sole of my foot. Went through a long time of freezing and my mum used to cut the dead skin off with a scalpel, she enjoyed doing it (confused) and it made it bearable to walk on.

One holiday in lanzarote and walking on hot tiles later, all gone..out of the blue!

amarone Sat 10-Mar-12 22:03:50

If you get verrucas as an adult (and they stay), your immune system is not quite right. Change your diet/lifestyle/etc., and they will go on their own.

kazmus Sat 10-Mar-12 22:10:39

squeezing the sap out of dandelion stalks and applying to warts or verruca also works, and is completely safe and free!

OriginalJamie Sat 10-Mar-12 22:12:15

There was an episode of Embarrassing Bodies with a young girl with dozens of verruccas - turned out to have an immune disorder

StarlightDicKenzie Sat 10-Mar-12 22:13:11

Belinda, I had my honeymoon in Venezuela also!

Amazing!!!!!

CakeMixture Sat 10-Mar-12 22:15:14

My ds (10) had mosaic verrucas - We tried bazuka, banana (which he hated) duct tape (also hated).
In the end I read online that fiddling about with them can make it worse so.................... we tried just leaving them alone and -

they went smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now