...to have a crush on a Cbeebies presenter?

(84 Posts)
LizziePizzie Tue 20-Dec-11 17:14:13

Is it wrong? smile

RustyHalos Wed 21-Dec-11 23:26:07

Oh heavens youse have really made me laugh, I really used to wonder about my thoughts on Doodle Do Chris! Now what happened to that show??!

Sidge Wed 21-Dec-11 23:31:08

I am rather fond of Chris Jarvis.

I have it on good authority that he is NOT gay and is actually rather popular with the laydeez, has wads of moolah and drives some really awesome cars.

leftmymistletoeatthedoor Wed 21-Dec-11 23:37:54

Ooooh sidge I'd heard that too but its quite hard to believe. I do lurve him though.

leftmymistletoeatthedoor Wed 21-Dec-11 23:40:45

'Surely Mr Maker has to be the best of a bad bunch?'

WTAF mr maker? With his scary staring eyes and pulsating forhead veins and scary knobbly fingers??

MollieO Wed 21-Dec-11 23:46:19

I know someone who has known Chris Jarvis for years. She says he is lovely but definitely gay.

DioneTheDiabolist Wed 21-Dec-11 23:50:37

Apparently Frankie Boyle turned down the Doodle Do gig. And I'm glad. I had a crush on Chris. I don't fancy Frankie Boyle. I assume he will be gutted to read this.

If it's iconicles Nat then YANBU. If it's anyone else YABVU.

Chris is gay as a maypole, but lovely.

Dione - crikey if that's true.

I can't bear him.

hester Thu 22-Dec-11 08:02:40

Sid with a haircut would do nicely.

Chris lovely but even my wonky gaydar is laughing at the idea of him in fast cars with laydeez.

What this thread is showing up is the complete lack of mummy-aged women on children's TV. Pui is the closest but she looks about 12, doesn't she? There's granny types, but nobody that looks like US. What's that about, do you reckon?

ReebleBauble Thu 22-Dec-11 08:50:56

I normally couldnt relate to these threads, although admittedly Daddy Pig has a special place in my heart. Mostly because he reminds me of DP!

But on Monday whilst sat in a boring hotel room with my nearly-but-not-quite 1 year old DD I definatly had a bit of a hot flush whilst Mr Bloom was on the screen. DP agrees its because he looks like he'd be a demon in the sack wink

mamalovebird Thu 22-Dec-11 09:00:41

I had a naughty dream about Mr Bloom, which made me feel very weird. can't look at him the same way anymore. I did quite like him before but my dream has ruined the innocence of it all blush

AnotherBloominChristmastance Thu 22-Dec-11 11:09:17

Ooh is it Nat from Iconicals, he's not too bad i guess, so YANBU. grin

Oh god its not kwizitor is it yabvvvu if it is

pinkdelight Thu 22-Dec-11 11:27:42

If it's Andy, I'm pretty sure he's gay too. If that makes any difference to a crush? It certainly hasn't made a jot of difference to my (female) friend's longstanding devotion to George Michael.

One problem is the lack of older presenters these days. I'm sure Brian Cant and all that bunch who presented Play School back in the day weren't so young. Where are all the grown up men for us mums to fancy? Justin's the only one you could possibly call older and he is soooo not attractive at all.

Megatron Thu 22-Dec-11 11:50:36

Not wrong at all, I've often fancied an Andy and Sid sandwich. And Mr Bloom is welcome to prune my bush any time he likes. smile

hester Thu 22-Dec-11 12:06:40

pinkdelight - Sid is 41.

Sidge Thu 22-Dec-11 14:49:45

Chris is my friend's brother-in-law's cousin, and it came from him that he isn't gay but maybe Chris has switched sides since then. I know he's as camp as a row of pink fluffy tents but I thought maybe it was just him, a bit like Michael McIntyre is camp but not gay.

Humph. I could always try and turn him back again I suppose...

Talking of Humf I do have a thing for Uncle Hairy - I think it's his voice.

MamaLazarou Thu 22-Dec-11 14:52:09

I would consider fancying Kerwizzitor if he was above the age of consent.

bronze Thu 22-Dec-11 14:57:24

I listen to Corcy and Rhod, now thats a pairing...

I like Iain from cbbc, the one with hacker blush

pinkdelight Thu 22-Dec-11 15:36:00

Hester - ooh, didn't know that. He's so full of beans, seems like a kid to me. But now I can start to nurture a crush! I just can't get excited about younger men - I remember when I couldn't comprehend how my mum couldn't see the allure of NKOTB when she'd say "They're just boys", but these days I get it.

hester Thu 22-Dec-11 23:09:26

He is married with children, pinkdelight. But I guess fantasy is safe grin

[Shit - how do I know so much about a Cbeebies presenter? Could this be a sign that I spend too much time on MN???]

hester Thu 22-Dec-11 23:10:35

MamaLazarou, is it very very sexist of me to feel that Kerwizzitor is more decorative than functional? You'd want to keep gently shushing him whenever he tried to speak, wouldn't you? You'd rather hope he'd do the deed then turn into a pizza?

o holy shit..... Kerwizz dude is 16 ????? Oh my.... I need to be a little bit sick now.

Oh. The guilt.

Arrrrgh! He just got his A levle results last august.

Gulp.

I really thought he was older.

hester Thu 22-Dec-11 23:29:14

Oh my lord, I feel guilty for being mean about him now. He's somebody's little boy (and she should rightly feel very proud) smile

Can't believe this thread as I was just thinking about Mr Bloom earlier today! Then decided, no, I just couldn't lust after a man who wanted to work with children. That would make him nice and I don't want a nice lover. grin wink blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now