to be really fuming at my cleaner over this last infraction?

(98 Posts)
likesthingsjustso Mon 19-Dec-11 22:37:11

I have had my cleaner now twice a week for 3 years.She spends about 8 hours here over 2 days.She is lovely and efficient but doesn't have "an eye" iykwim?Everytime she comes I have to shift ornaments back into the correct clusters as she just pops them on the shelf and spreads them to fill the space,equidistant, yes, but not appealing to the eye.She also, when she makes the beds, doesn't put the opening side of the pillow case to the centre of the double beds so you can see the opening bit when you walk in the room. I have addressed these issues and she knows that these are KPIs and is getting better, but is still not perfect.We sit together and have a bit of tea and toast (I make it)before she starts work and she understands that this is on her own time, and then gets on with her 4 hours while I nip to the gym, or meet friends.She's very good at timekeeping lol.And I pay her the cash on time everytime,so I guess we have quite a good working relationship.I have even treated her to a day a naice Spa for her Christmas gift, although I was slightly bemused by her reaction - I would of thought she would have been more effusive.Oh well.
The latest mishap has really bothered me today-I came home today after she had left and the Christmas Tree lights were flashing.She must of taken the plug out for something and when it was replugged, the multi-function LED lights had obviously come on on random flash,whereas we obviously leave it on static.No-one in this neighbourhood has flashing gawdy lights.I'm so embarrassed, and worried as to what people will be saying on the school run in the morning.I'm just struggling as to how to fraze it so that this never happens again. sad

VikingLady Tue 20-Dec-11 13:54:40

Sorry, I am fairly new to MN. Is this a serious post? I only wish my problems were that minor!

Going to check my pillow cases now.

VikingLady Tue 20-Dec-11 13:55:25

Good job I live in a dodgy area! Some pillow case openings towards the centre, of the bed, some to the sides! Shameful.

PlumpDogPillionaire Tue 20-Dec-11 14:05:47

Poor form 'grading' this splendid OP like this, MNers, especially when justso has used made such elegant use of the word 'infraction'. And what do you do? Pick on 'fraze'. shock
Well, well, ladies, if you can't say something nice... <then most MN threads wouldn't get far past the op...>

brew justso? Or may I call you likesthings?

HowAboutAHotCupOfShutTheHellUp Tue 20-Dec-11 14:20:37

Piss poor effort. Fail. Next.

likesthingsjustso Tue 20-Dec-11 14:25:37

Thanks for the tea, Pillion.Now, if someone can link me to the academic research that proves there is a correlation between ability to own a cleaner and grammatical accuracy, I'd be very interested to peruse it. hmm
FFS, I'd like to see all you nayslayers do a parody. The grammar, syntax, and inadequate spellings nay have been a red herring, perhaps?

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 20-Dec-11 14:28:51

ha ha - had me going till the xmas tree lights - the rest actually sounds like our cleaner grin

AmazingBouncingJesus Tue 20-Dec-11 14:36:42

LeQueen is that you?

grin

I sacked my cleaner when she forgot to put the end of the toilet roll into a point and her napkins on the tables resembled cats and not swans.

Honestly, you just cant get the staff these days smile

redrubyshoes Tue 20-Dec-11 15:24:27

I put my cleaner into a little fox outfit and we hunted her on Boxing Day. It was such fun and solved the problem of sacking her.

MarthasHarbour Tue 20-Dec-11 16:05:50

ah lovely, a liddle bit of light relief for the festive season! grin

The op sounds scarily like my dp's aunt!

GretaGip Fri 16-Nov-12 00:11:39

grin

TacticalWheelbarrow Fri 16-Nov-12 00:15:00

Sack the lazy cow!

ChippingInLovesAutumn Fri 16-Nov-12 00:15:01

Why are you dragging up threads from a year ago - aren't there already enough Christmas threads from THIS year? hmm

missingmumxox Fri 16-Nov-12 00:16:55

grin killed myself laughing, oddly unlike the rest of you I just thought "how common Christmas tree up in November!"
epic fail

It was December. Last year. confused

Nuttyprofessor Fri 16-Nov-12 11:39:24

Where you went wrong was with the tea and toast, you should not blur the lines of social class. I know this because MIL told me when I mistakenly invited the nanny to Christmas dinner for no good reason other than she was alone miles from home.

Zombie thread reviver at work again. Just why?

Lovecat Fri 16-Nov-12 11:47:52

I was just about to post why tf are your lights up in November when I realised it was a zombie thread. Gah.

WhenShallWeThreeKingsMeetAgain Fri 16-Nov-12 12:16:41

There's lost of 'would ofs' and 'should ofs' - I would suggest you spend the time the cleaner is cleaning going to English Classes at your local education centre. They might just drum into you a few 'would haves' instead.

CaptainSolo Fri 16-Nov-12 12:19:42

I assumed this must be a reverse AIBU due to the poor grammar and spelling and that the OP was actually the cleaner in question.

Either that or a WAG.................

monal Fri 16-Nov-12 12:29:21

Personally I wouldn't allow a set of flashing lights in the house. You only have yourself to blame.

givemeaclue Fri 16-Nov-12 12:40:16

People , this thread is a year old why are you commenting on it?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now