Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be really fuming at my cleaner over this last infraction?

(98 Posts)
likesthingsjustso Mon 19-Dec-11 22:37:11

I have had my cleaner now twice a week for 3 years.She spends about 8 hours here over 2 days.She is lovely and efficient but doesn't have "an eye" iykwim?Everytime she comes I have to shift ornaments back into the correct clusters as she just pops them on the shelf and spreads them to fill the space,equidistant, yes, but not appealing to the eye.She also, when she makes the beds, doesn't put the opening side of the pillow case to the centre of the double beds so you can see the opening bit when you walk in the room. I have addressed these issues and she knows that these are KPIs and is getting better, but is still not perfect.We sit together and have a bit of tea and toast (I make it)before she starts work and she understands that this is on her own time, and then gets on with her 4 hours while I nip to the gym, or meet friends.She's very good at timekeeping lol.And I pay her the cash on time everytime,so I guess we have quite a good working relationship.I have even treated her to a day a naice Spa for her Christmas gift, although I was slightly bemused by her reaction - I would of thought she would have been more effusive.Oh well.
The latest mishap has really bothered me today-I came home today after she had left and the Christmas Tree lights were flashing.She must of taken the plug out for something and when it was replugged, the multi-function LED lights had obviously come on on random flash,whereas we obviously leave it on static.No-one in this neighbourhood has flashing gawdy lights.I'm so embarrassed, and worried as to what people will be saying on the school run in the morning.I'm just struggling as to how to fraze it so that this never happens again. sad

Fecklessdizzy Mon 19-Dec-11 23:46:33

Yeah, and wait 'til you see what she's left under your bed ... grin

Scrubbed Mon 19-Dec-11 23:48:13

Iknow what she's left under her bed.

Lets just say she doesn't use the vibe fresh wipes that Ann Summers sells . Dutty cah

swanker Tue 20-Dec-11 00:01:22

6/10, but you gave yourself away with 'would of'... grin

and 'fraze'

GoingForGoalWeight Tue 20-Dec-11 00:07:15

ANOTHER EPIC FAIL

biscuit with knobs on

suntansue Tue 20-Dec-11 09:31:20

I'm impressed with 8hrs of cleaning a week, there is some that only spend 30 mins :/

Flyingoutofcontrol Tue 20-Dec-11 09:38:17

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh!

Have my first biscuit

Made me grin though! grin

hackmum Tue 20-Dec-11 09:41:09

Well, I smiled.

As for wasting people's time with pointless posts, if we were all that worried about wasting our time we probably wouldn't be on Mumsnet in the first place:-)

likesthingsjustso Tue 20-Dec-11 10:11:38

Well Scrubbed.If that's really you?Please could you look at para13, subsection 57a of your contract?Who's job is it to check the RR for cleanliness and wear and tear?Another failing on your part, I do believe.

Dawndonnathatchristmasiscoming Tue 20-Dec-11 10:45:53

Please use the space bar!

crashdoll Tue 20-Dec-11 11:07:21

Merry Christmas OP! biscuit

lol - leave the bitch!

redrubyshoes Tue 20-Dec-11 11:13:19

What colour are the lights OP? I mean coloured flashing lights is just social suicide but white might and only might mean you have got away with it.

I have my fingers crossed for you you idle old harridan grin

LizzieMo Tue 20-Dec-11 11:23:05

Eeek, I have never even thought about which way my pillowcase openings face. Now I will be worrying the whole time about what previous visitors to my house may be secretly thinking about my bed making skills!! Or actually, I couldn't give a stuff which way round or what people think. So there. If I worked for you you could sack me as well!

SusanneLinder Tue 20-Dec-11 11:39:17

Thought this was going to be a funny bun fight-it wasn't!

Epic fail!

SantasStrapon Tue 20-Dec-11 11:47:01

Your fault for buying such hideous lights. Nobody with even a modicum of taste, or class, would ever consider buying light like yours. And, as for the pillowcases, as Tufty says, if you will buy cheap linen...

I think you should be grateful you've found a Treasure who is willing to work under these circumstances.

<sticks nose in air>

Malificence Tue 20-Dec-11 12:55:22

Flashing tree lights? Whatever next. You can borrow my shotgun - take her to the bottom of the garden and dispatch her with one to the head, it's the only way, it's simply not good enough.

deste Tue 20-Dec-11 12:59:28

Would of, must of. That alone gave you away.

Lambzig Tue 20-Dec-11 13:01:00

Dont worry, your social standing is already non-existent due to the fact you have enough ornaments to have them in clusters. Shudder.

DuchessofMalfi Tue 20-Dec-11 13:21:51

How utterly ghastly for you.

elfyrespect Tue 20-Dec-11 13:25:58

grin Good one!

Mandy2003 Tue 20-Dec-11 13:33:11

Scrubbed - "That box under the wardrobe with the love beads - well I wee'd in it!!!"

donnie Tue 20-Dec-11 13:37:48

Oh dear God it is MUST HAVE

not MUST OF

GO AND STUDY SOME PISSING GRAMMAR FFS.

Oh, and re the flashing lights? entirely in keeping with someone right up there on the summit of Chav Mountain, as you are.

izzywhizzysmincepies Tue 20-Dec-11 13:47:10

You have ornaments, lights that flash, and your only staff is a cleaner twice a week to keep your establishment in pristine order ???!!! <<shudders>>

You're so far down the social rung that 'aspirational' is an ambition too far for you in this lifetime, honey.

FreudianSlipper Tue 20-Dec-11 13:49:07

you have lights on your christmas tree shock

oh dear flashing or not that is frightfully common

Moodykat Tue 20-Dec-11 13:52:21

I thought it was quite funny!blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now