Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be really fuming at my cleaner over this last infraction?

(98 Posts)
likesthingsjustso Mon 19-Dec-11 22:37:11

I have had my cleaner now twice a week for 3 years.She spends about 8 hours here over 2 days.She is lovely and efficient but doesn't have "an eye" iykwim?Everytime she comes I have to shift ornaments back into the correct clusters as she just pops them on the shelf and spreads them to fill the space,equidistant, yes, but not appealing to the eye.She also, when she makes the beds, doesn't put the opening side of the pillow case to the centre of the double beds so you can see the opening bit when you walk in the room. I have addressed these issues and she knows that these are KPIs and is getting better, but is still not perfect.We sit together and have a bit of tea and toast (I make it)before she starts work and she understands that this is on her own time, and then gets on with her 4 hours while I nip to the gym, or meet friends.She's very good at timekeeping lol.And I pay her the cash on time everytime,so I guess we have quite a good working relationship.I have even treated her to a day a naice Spa for her Christmas gift, although I was slightly bemused by her reaction - I would of thought she would have been more effusive.Oh well.
The latest mishap has really bothered me today-I came home today after she had left and the Christmas Tree lights were flashing.She must of taken the plug out for something and when it was replugged, the multi-function LED lights had obviously come on on random flash,whereas we obviously leave it on static.No-one in this neighbourhood has flashing gawdy lights.I'm so embarrassed, and worried as to what people will be saying on the school run in the morning.I'm just struggling as to how to fraze it so that this never happens again. sad

Bohica Mon 19-Dec-11 22:48:25

You lost me when you LOL'd.

PreviouslyonLost Mon 19-Dec-11 22:48:40

Op does have a point about pillowcase openings tbf...naysayers have clearly never done a hospital corner in your life under the watchful stare eye of an old style ward Matron.

The rest I don't give a flying fuck about to be honest grin

OldGreyWassailTest Mon 19-Dec-11 22:49:31

Oh, you POOR dear. It must be soooo upsetting for you. Sack her on Christmas Eve without pay, that'll teach her not to have an 'eye'.

Icelollycraving Mon 19-Dec-11 22:50:39

Obvious but raised a small smile.

WorraLiberty Mon 19-Dec-11 22:54:02

3/10 from me

A lot of effort for such a little result sad

I enjoyed this one grin

I say 2/10, unless there is more you would like to add?

5ofus Mon 19-Dec-11 22:56:40

2/10. Rubbish.

Even I spotted it...

Eclairwaldorf Mon 19-Dec-11 22:57:02

Poor attempt tbh.

But if it is an actual scenario, I would stick the cleaner on top of the tree. Then see how she likes the flashing lights grin

EricNordmanfirandMistletoe Mon 19-Dec-11 22:58:09

Dude you should have spell checked. Way off the mark with your 'could of' and your lol as well.

4/10 must try harder.

TheAvocadoOfWisdom Mon 19-Dec-11 23:00:34

pillowcases should have both open ends facing away from the door, or to the left if the door is facing the foot of the bed. If they're facing in, both of them, then one pillowcase is upside-down. Ugh.

I worry about the open ends of pillowcases blush I usually have them on the outside or both pointing the same way <muses>

hohohoshedittant Mon 19-Dec-11 23:02:25

funny, but please it's 'would have' or 'would've' not 'would of'.

ravenAK Mon 19-Dec-11 23:09:16

You could of made more have an effort with this one. Sorry! grin

TuftyFinch Mon 19-Dec-11 23:10:29

You are obviously buying cheap pillowcases because proper ones should have the opening on the back. They are called housemaids pillow cases. You can only get them in white or blue/white colour way.

I don't know why you've got coloured lights.All electrical decorations should be white. That's if you follow 'The Code of Christmas' which I would assume you do. Don't blame your cleaner. She will follow your lead. Poor fellow.

Dawndonnathatchristmasiscoming Mon 19-Dec-11 23:11:44

Gaudy.
Phrase.

Jacksmania Mon 19-Dec-11 23:14:32

God, how embarrassing.
There's really only one thing you can do - write everyone on your street a note and explain that it was the cleaner.
Otherwise you know they're going to be giggling about you behind your back until the lights come up next year. Nobody will be able to meet your eye in the street.
Go on, if you start now you'll be done by the weekend, it won't be so bad.

coldwed Mon 19-Dec-11 23:15:17

I hate these waste of time threads. Wouldn't be so bad if they were actually funny. 2 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

YuleingFanjo Mon 19-Dec-11 23:16:38

what's your hobby?

lisaro Mon 19-Dec-11 23:18:08

grin

RachelHRD Mon 19-Dec-11 23:23:41

biscuit grin

MCos Mon 19-Dec-11 23:30:46

Windup - but gave me a giggle. So thanks!

NotTheBlinkingGruffaloAgain Mon 19-Dec-11 23:32:09

"WHO'S THAT TRIP TRAPPING ON MYYY BRIDGE?"

NotTheBlinkingGruffaloAgain Mon 19-Dec-11 23:34:06

If you were as refined as you are trying to appear, you might want to take a glance over your sentence structure and punctuation.

Ta ta.

Scrubbed Mon 19-Dec-11 23:36:30

Well.

Can I just say that I have tried my hardest at cleaning your utter hole of a pit.

Youu've give just enough away in your post and I saw this on a fb like and I thought it looked familiar.

If all you think you've got to worry about is wrong facing pillows in your bedroom, then you are WRONG.

That box under the wardrobe with the love beads...?

I better get a good reference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now