Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Catgate

(373 Posts)
SirSugar Wed 07-Dec-11 09:58:54

This rumbles on and on, so far have done the following;

asked nicely
got cross
written letters
telephoned
offered to get them a cat (they don't want one)
kept cat indoors, except for 15 mins in morning

but they are STILL feeding mine who is greedy and if I'm not on the ball during his 15 min morning run will be let into their house and not let out until I telephone to ask them to let him out.

Apparently, they used to keep a cat and for sentimental reasons they keep his bowls and 'put a little food down' which my cat nibbles on YET they have done everything they reasonably can NOT to feed my cat

[now absolutely fucking furious emoticon]

ClaudiaCutie Sun 31-Mar-13 18:51:04

What a dreadful shame he didn't get a run built for him two years ago, think of the grief and shouting and angst and police time and letters etc etc that could have been saved if the back garden had been cat proofed!

cocoachannel Sun 31-Mar-13 19:42:48

Helpful Claudia hmm OP has said that proofing her garden was not an option.

Very glad he is home!

PurpleRayne Wed 03-Apr-13 10:16:53

Is it rented? It is a rare garden that can't be cat-proofed in an unobtrusive way.

MagratOfStolat Tue 16-Apr-13 22:44:11

Please please update! Any more from the mental neighbour?! Or did the month-long absence shock the asshattery out of them?

Just read all of this thread, absolutely mental! Have there been anymore cat shenanigans?

ZOMBIE THREAD

I thought I had read this before.

Okay, you might want to ignore my l;ast post, my brain isn't workion too well today......

GoSuckEggs Thu 18-Apr-13 06:36:56

Oh my god, your NDN are mental! Could you not get the hose all set up and next time your cat rushes over to next door when you let him out, lean over the fence and get the hose on him and give him a drenching?

Very mean i know, but if it only happens when he is in their garden/waiting to get in house he might stop waiting to be let in?

SirSugar Fri 29-Nov-13 22:30:41

I last posted in March. I have to ring these fucking people every day now to get my cat out of their house.

I had a long discussion with the Husband a couple of days ago whereby he told me they don't want a cat, cats are evil walking the earth accusing me of neglect and we can retrain my cat if I ring them up every evening so that the cat can be bought to my fence. I said not letting him I in the first place will solve the problem but no, HIS way is the best way. ITS INSANE.

before anyone asks, I've said before...

cat pulls its fur out if kept in for any length of time

impossible to cat proof garden

police have been involved, talked to them twice, makes no difference

letters have been sent

cat is pedigree, microchipped and registered as mine

I'd rather not build giant cat run

I would also like to add the other morning when I left for work, the woman was standing at her kitchen door ( which faces the front of our house ) simulating masturbation and shouting 'i'm coming! I'm coming! It's good! It's good! - which I ignored, and her husband tells me she has all her wits about her and she is as normal as him.

I guess I'm posting now to vent, I'm so fed up with this, though it gets worse in winter because they think the poor cat will get cold if left out for more than 5 minutes apparently.

SirSugar Fri 29-Nov-13 22:34:25

I just noticed I started this thread almost two years ago and it was going on a year before that.

I fear there is no answer

MacaYoniandCheese Fri 29-Nov-13 22:36:26

Oh My God shock.

Umm, move?

SirSugar Fri 29-Nov-13 22:37:54

planning on moving in next couple of years

Chippednailvarnish Fri 29-Nov-13 22:39:08

I actually think I would consider rehoming the cat, for your own stress levels and the fact that I wouldn't want my poor cat near such revolting people.

Not much help sorry.

ZombieMojaveWonderer Fri 29-Nov-13 22:39:33

Moving house seems to be your only option. Or like someone suggested and use the hose...on them obviously and not the cat! wink

MsWazowski Fri 29-Nov-13 22:41:17

Actually, I know you said you would rather not build a cat run, I don't think you have any other option.

Floralnomad Fri 29-Nov-13 22:43:02

I think I agree with chipped , have you any family who could take him who live far enough away to stop him finding his way back ? that way if and when you move you can get him back .

SirSugar Fri 29-Nov-13 22:44:07

DCs don't want me to do that, rehome for a bit I mean

LambinsideaDuckinsideaTrout Fri 29-Nov-13 22:45:04

shock

Chippednailvarnish Fri 29-Nov-13 22:45:40

Then I think it will have to be a cat run.

Realistically if your neighbours are that unhinged, I don't think I could let the cat near them.

cozietoesie Fri 29-Nov-13 22:46:57

I'd rehome the cat directly, SirSugar. Even if you're planning to move in a couple of years, it's unfair to you and the cat to have this going on for that long. Or for any longer at all in fact. Have you thought of contacting the breed rescue?

cozietoesie Fri 29-Nov-13 22:48:14

I'd tell the DCs that it has to be done. Sometimes you just have to ignore the 'Oh Mummy........!'

SirSugar Fri 29-Nov-13 22:53:53

off to bed, will sleep on it; thank you all

may have already been suggested, as I have only read your posts, but what about a lead for the cat? they really exist and you can make sure the little bugger can't do one...

Fozzleyplum Fri 29-Nov-13 22:56:30

ASBO's have been imposed for less. The combination of the cat-related behaviour and the simulated masturbation would probably be enough. Think your neighbours may have a personality disorder.

PurpleRayne Fri 29-Nov-13 22:58:31

If it was a man doing that at the kitchen door would you have reported it to the police? Hope you have done so. Try flashing back - with your mobile phone on video.

If you bought the cat from a breeder, contact them, they often stipulate in your purchasing contract that they require you to take them back to them and not re-home yourself.

Poor animal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now