AIBU Bloody Match Attax Folder

(15 Posts)
Dumpyandabdabs Wed 12-Oct-11 16:19:36

Maybe I'm just a bit stupid but I bought the new Match Attax folder for my 7 year old DS today and have spent the last half an hour trying to put the thing together. Why could they not have just left it like last years where it was already made up. GRRRRRRRR!!!! Does anyone else feel my pain or am I just crap?

bitsnbobs Wed 12-Oct-11 16:28:00

YANBU!
The previous ones were a lot sturdier and cost the same. I spent half an hour putting the thing together and it looks like its going to fall apart as soon as he turns the pages. I sympathise grin

exorbitclamp Wed 12-Oct-11 16:30:29

My DH threw it on the floor in disgust, we eventually managed though. Not convinced that we got just the right amount of plastic wallets in between the team sheets though, this may cause DS to also throw it on the floor when he cannot fit the cards in.

But I am in no doubt that this excuse for a binder will not last and will be trashed by any normal amount of use.

exorbitclamp Wed 12-Oct-11 16:31:10

YANBU (sorry forgot)

aldiwhore Wed 12-Oct-11 16:31:28

They're shit. Try distraction... find soemthing else that's 'in', if that fails, try refusal.

Groovee Wed 12-Oct-11 16:31:45

YANBU I didn't buy it for ds as I got him the scottish version and it was given as a party bag gift bah!

exorbitclamp Wed 12-Oct-11 16:33:58

But not worse than the trauma of realising you put all your DS's hundred club cards through the washing machine <cry>

Dumpyandabdabs Wed 12-Oct-11 16:35:01

Thank goodness for that I was really starting to doubt my ability to do a simple task. Now he's just discovered I've put one of the plastic doodars in upside down so the cards keep falling out. Its right in the middle of the folder so will have to dismantle it again, aaarrrrrggggghhhhh give me strength!!!!!

Scholes34 Wed 12-Oct-11 17:38:42

I got my 10 year old to put his own together! Kept him quiet for hours.

You are certainly not being unreasonable.

exorbitclamp Thu 13-Oct-11 21:03:13

Oh bum, my son has just this minute come through from his room and the pokey black bits have snapped - less than four weeks thats lasted.

gordyslovesheep Thu 13-Oct-11 21:17:58

No it's CRAP - last years was much better - tight bastards - and I had tp put two of them together angry

Dumpyandabdabs Sat 15-Oct-11 00:15:42

They truly are the work of Satan!!! Gordy I don't know how you coped, two of them would have quite literally tipped me over the edge.

Exorbit I bet your finding it hard to resist the urge to throw the binder out of the nearest window, these bloody match attax things have a lot to answer for!!!

I will be holding a sacrificial burning of these binders come the end of the season if anyone would care to join me (well if they last that long anyway!!!)

Deep breaths people, deep breaths ;)

Justwant2leaveit Sat 15-Oct-11 00:51:05

<makes note not to buy>

Thanks for the heads up

VilePile Sun 16-Oct-11 17:59:38

Burn, burn <laughs maniacally>

northwestendgirls Thu 26-Sep-13 17:20:09

Same problem this year too! It is a total pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now