To be outraged at discovering a long chin hair?

(143 Posts)
Salmotrutta Sun 11-Sep-11 00:51:08

Growing under my jawline?
What? When did this happen and who put it there?!
I have religiously checked my face and chin since entering menopause and discovered other random hairs but how did this one evade me until it reached at least an inch long?
Disgraceful ... and I blame the government.

HairyGrotter Tue 13-Sep-11 15:07:45

On the plus side, as of yesterday, I'm single again...I blame the supernatural hair

sprinkles77 Tue 13-Sep-11 15:11:31

YANBU

the chin hairs are witches hairs. The witches put them there when you are not looking. Usually about a second before you meet someone. That's why they're not there when you look in the mirror before you leave the house but are about a foot long by the time you get home. Well that's what happens in my house.

The white pubes are another joy. I guess at least they are less obvious than the black ones caught between DH's teeth when taking DS swimming.

sprinkles77 Tue 13-Sep-11 15:12:32

Oh, and I'm only 33. So not fair. Come menopause I'll have a white beard that is long enough to hide the fact that all my pubes have been spirited away.

Jins Tue 13-Sep-11 15:17:50

This thread has made me check my chin where my recurring chin hair sprouts. Bearing in mind it was plucked triumphantly on Sunday night you can imagine how disappointed I am to feel that little sharp bump that tells me it's back.

I seem to spend far too much time in front of a magnifying mirror with my tweezers at the ready

HairyGrotter Tue 13-Sep-11 15:22:46

I always find myself fingering my chin when in company, almost looking whimsical...it's a magical moment, but then that tale tale sign of stubble (it's stubble, lets face it), my face falls ashen.

crazynanna Tue 13-Sep-11 15:29:13

Just wondering...after pulling out the offending little shitters blighters',how long before you have to pluck again? smile. It seems mine are on supergrow,with tweezers always having to be in sight.hmm

HairyGrotter Tue 13-Sep-11 15:31:07

I check every evening, and every morning, I can usually get a good 2-3 plucks a week. Depends though as and when I'm due on.

I'm only 21 and if I don't keep up with the waxing will probably grow a full beard. I'm ginger but somehow the chin hairs are black. angry

Its going to get worse as I get older isn't it? <<wails>>

crazynanna Tue 13-Sep-11 15:35:14

Yes,I think that's it,Hairy,mine thunder along at monthly time.
<Feels slightly uneasy calling someone 'Hairy' on a hairy chin thread.

HairyGrotter Tue 13-Sep-11 15:36:29

I'm hairy, and I'm a grotter...also a fan of Harry Potter (I'm so poetic), please don't feel bad. My chin says it all

LadyGrace Tue 13-Sep-11 15:39:53

I found the world's longest hairs growing out of a mole on my chin when I was fifteen blush

It was at least 2 inches long, was about three or four hairs all very close together, and I must have been walking around sporting it for ages before I found it, when I was absent mindedly stroking my chin one night. People must have seen it! And not one of them told me sad

I now check my whole face and neck with a bright light and tweezers before I leave the house.

RedRubyBlue Tue 13-Sep-11 15:46:36

I once worked as a dental nurse and went to move a very long and fine wavy hair away from a patient's mouth.

It was attached and 'plinked' like something out of a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

blush

Lucky the patient was numb.

Well I have a full set with a handlebar moustache and mutton-chop sideys. Part of the morning regime now includes scraping out scrambled egg, muesli, cobwebs, fledgelings etc from said facial adornment and braiding my Denis Healey-esque bushy eyebrows so I can see where I'm going.

That and trimming the hairy warts takes the best part of half an hour. Oh! for the days when a smear of Pond's Cold Cream and a comb through the locks was all I needed...

(disclaimer: am prone to massive exaggeration. But I do have a white neck hair - bleugh)

RedRubyBlue Tue 13-Sep-11 15:49:35

Also - my DP complains that my chin hair stabs him when I kiss him.

Wrong on soooo many levels [wails]

FairPhyllis Wed 14-Sep-11 04:46:29

YABU - I have had dark chin hairs and the odd neck hair since my early 20s. I occasionally find a long dark one in the centre of my cheek. I am going to be a circus exhibit by the time I am 40.

SatisfiedOtter Wed 14-Sep-11 05:09:54

I get one on my upper lip, 3 on my chin and yes, an unbelievably long neck hair too! My problem is I am RUBBISH at checking for them and it's usually when DH rugby tackles me to the floor with a pair of tweezers that I realise they have probably grown back! grin

rubyrubyruby Wed 14-Sep-11 05:12:23

FFS

How old are you lot? Have I got all this to come?

rubyrubyruby - forty somethingish. Nearer fifty. And yes, you probably have wink

Hairy nipples - there's another. Shag pile upper thighs. Stuff dragging along the floor. Dunno about pelvic floor - more like pelvic cellar. Grey pubes. Eee it's great.

Do you recall the 'pencil test'? It was the deciding factor for whether you needed to wear a bra; you put a pencil under boobage and if it stayed there, bra required.

What size object can any fellow MN gimmers feasibly 'tuck under' these days? Large bag of chips? Gin bottle? Rolled-up duvet?

crazynanna Wed 14-Sep-11 08:20:05

I can hold Tunbridge Wells under my boobage hmm

Respect, crazynanna

You keep a genteel class of town in your folds.

crazynanna Wed 14-Sep-11 08:29:26

TalcAndTurnips Nice one wink
I am aiming high,you may agree,when I tell you Surrey is in my sights.

I'm hoping to conceal the Bolivian Navy on manoeuvres in the South Pacific...

Smadarama Wed 14-Sep-11 08:34:32

grin @ boobage tucking comments.

I'm traumatised by having a hairs on my chin - have moved from plucking to waxing and feel embarassed every time I have to book the appointment. Shared my embarrassment with the young woman who does the waxing who said 'don't worry my Nan has got the same problem' - NAN !!! - really didn't make me feel better.

So glad to have found you lot

Hirsute Harridans of the Hinternet unite!

ceebeegeebies Wed 14-Sep-11 08:44:36

Ooh so glad I found this thread - my chin hairs are the bane of my life!!

They do literally appear overnight and are so thick and bristly - I also have a lot of fine hair which shows up in very bright lights/sunlight (as DH often points out to me!!) so I actually have to shave my chin regularly - how embarrassing is that? And how DH laughs when I say I am going to have a shave wink

Along with my moustache which I have to Immac off on a regular basis, I am quite a catch grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now