AIBU to think that bunnies are fluffy but not velvety?

(392 Posts)
ClaireDeLoon Thu 11-Aug-11 11:01:13

grin a place to hide from extreme opinions and comtemplate fluffy things like bunnies and kittens.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 11-Aug-11 11:02:27

And errrr no pedants pointing out spelling mistakes allowed ok?

AbsDuCroissant Thu 11-Aug-11 11:05:15

Well, it depends on the bunny. I have encountered some velvety ones. but then there are lots of fluffy ones. ARGH.

This is kind of like in the TV show How I Met Your Mother when they have a HUGE fight over what's better, ducks or rabbits (ducks, obviously. They're ridiculously tasty)

Dependson the breed, some are.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 11-Aug-11 11:08:11

I think bunnies & kittens are neither velvety nor fluffy but mostly scratchy. Especially bunnies

culturevulture Thu 11-Aug-11 11:09:16

Rex rabbits are velvety not fluffy

ClaireDeLoon Thu 11-Aug-11 11:09:39

Perhaps bunnies that have had a shave but it's just growing back would be velvety? But otherwise they would definitely not be velvety as their fur would be too long and more fluffy.

In general I'd agree that bunnies are fluffy rather than velvety. And I'd include hamsters and guinea pigs in your fluffy category as well.

On a slightly divergent note, I'd also assert that new-born baby guinea pigs are the cutest animals ever found. They have along gestation, and are born fully fluffy and with their eyes open, unlike baby bunnies which have to grow into their cuteness.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 11-Aug-11 11:15:40

Dammit you're right Rex bunnies are velvety

Apparently I was BU sorry.

culturevulture Thu 11-Aug-11 11:18:04

That is the main comment everyone makes when they stroke our Rex

Sheepling Thu 11-Aug-11 11:18:18

Ive encountered a very, very velvety bunny. It was wonderful. And made me want a bunny.

cookielove Thu 11-Aug-11 11:20:15

eh hem what does this tell you

ClaireDeLoon Thu 11-Aug-11 11:21:55

I want a bunny now too. Makes a change from wanting a kitten though.

StrandedBear Thu 11-Aug-11 11:22:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AbsDuCroissant Thu 11-Aug-11 11:23:56

I want a pet lion after reading this, particularly when you want the video at the bottom of the article.

DP's still insisting on a pet lynx.

ShirleyKnot Thu 11-Aug-11 11:24:04

LOVE this thread!

ClaireDeLoon Thu 11-Aug-11 11:26:21

Yes the lion story is lovely. Not sure I would have stood there as a wild lion came running towards me though.

Simon King did the same with cheetah cubs, they were rereleased and he went back and they were jumping all over him too.

I wonder if lions and cheetahs are velvety?

AbsDuCroissant Thu 11-Aug-11 11:31:00

I imagine they are. There's a lion sanctuary near Johannesburg where you get to play with lion cubs. I've seen tons of pictures of friends and relatives doing it, but haven't had a chance. It's a dream of mine. I imagine they're fluffy.

ShirleyKnot Thu 11-Aug-11 11:38:52

When I'm sad I go to the pet shop and look at the guinea pigs.

I'm going to do that today.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 11-Aug-11 11:42:26

Been thinking about it further, leopards would be velvety but snow leopards would be fluffy without velvetiness.

Guinea pigs on the other hand have ears made out of butter soft leather.

NasalCoffeeEnema Thu 11-Aug-11 11:43:37

Our rabbits are fluffy and velvety

cookielove Thu 11-Aug-11 11:44:10

The lion story, there is a documentary on that it was really good. Love it

ShirleyKnot Thu 11-Aug-11 11:44:25

God. I love guinea pigs so much. I wish I WAS a guinea pig so that I could have sex with another guinea pig.

superjobee Thu 11-Aug-11 11:46:13

most bunnies are fluffy we had one yeeeeears ago that was velvetty and speckled looking but she commited suicide ..

<brings down thread>

MissPenteuth Thu 11-Aug-11 11:46:33

24 posts to get from fluffy bunnies to guinea pig sex grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now