Ew Ew EW EWW!!!

(113 Posts)
fluffyanimal Tue 19-Jul-11 09:00:34

Last night I had a really weird dream about having an endoscopy (i have never had one in real life). It was quite vivid, I could feel the scope going down my throat which was a bit unpleasant but bearable. Then the doctors left me alone and I started to gag and try to bring up the tube.

Then I woke up and I still had the feeling of having a foreign body in my throat. I drank some water but it didn't really go away. it felt like when you accidentally swallow something that you haven't chewed properly.

AIBU to think I've probably swallowed a spider in my sleep? <boak>

eurochick Tue 19-Jul-11 10:34:14

OMGOMGOMG!

@ Brain

brainhurtsandconfused Tue 19-Jul-11 10:34:48

You hope!grin

LuckyMrsT Tue 19-Jul-11 11:22:26

This thread has made me cry with laughter. Thank you all.

ScaredOfCows Tue 19-Jul-11 11:34:52

I had a fried spider in my fish and chips (chip shop) once. It wasn't very nice and I don't suppose the spider was impressed either.

Grumpla Tue 19-Jul-11 11:55:34

<vomits>

ChildofIsis Tue 19-Jul-11 12:18:20

My friend once found a hair in a curd tart from our local bakers.

We thought it was bad enough until tests were done on it and it was a pubic hair!!!

Needless to say my friend doesn't go there anymore and received a sizeable sum to keep quiet about it.

Empusa Tue 19-Jul-11 12:22:04

misty shock

Oh dear fucking god!!!

notso Tue 19-Jul-11 12:34:54

I had a glass of water near my bed and when I was drinking felt something go into my mouth, when I spat it back out it was a spider minus a couple of legs, one of those big ass ones as well.
I shuddered for about a month afterwards!

ChildofIsis I found a massive handful of pubes on an almond croissant in M&S once, when I complained the woman asked if they were mine!

snoopdogg Tue 19-Jul-11 12:38:47

I woke up to a tickling sensation on my face so scratched my cheek and squashed a big spider into my own skin............. <boak>

whatsallthehullaballoo Tue 19-Jul-11 12:38:51

notso The same thing happened to me a few mornings back but with my cuppa tea. OMG I nearly hurled - only my two kids staring at me asking "what's wrong mummy" stopped me from vomiting in my sitting room....

It can happen to any of you <manic laughter>

<rocking back and forth>

spout Tue 19-Jul-11 12:40:38

I'm vomming a bit more at 'curd tart' grin

Tidey Tue 19-Jul-11 12:40:46

Back when I was a teen, I was at a popular summer festival. I had opened a can of lager and put it down on the grass next to my tent. A few minutes later when I picked it up and drank some, a slug plopped into my mouth.

spout Tue 19-Jul-11 12:42:21

When DS was about 18mo he tottered into the kitchen with two GIANT spider legs poking out of his mouth. Still twitching.

<BLEAARRRGGGHGHGHHHHH!!!!!>

psiloveyou Tue 19-Jul-11 12:47:11

FFS where were you lot when I talked about swallowing a spider in my sleep last year. I got flamed by someone who said it was impossible and I must have been eating toast or crisp crumbs in my sleep. Not one person stuck up for me.
Where were all you spider eaters then eh.

notso Tue 19-Jul-11 12:50:30

I was probably shuddering in a dark corner psiloveyou

whatsallthehullaballoo Tue 19-Jul-11 12:52:46

psiloveyou You have your revenge now.....I have been traumatised. Ergh.

ShirleyKnot Tue 19-Jul-11 12:56:14

<silent scream>

I'm an asthmatic and one night I woke up feeling wheezy, my inhaler had fallen onto the floor and the lid had come off. I switched the light on, grabbed my puffer and took a big PUFF. As I inhaled I felt something shoot into the back of my throat and then scrabble about. I COUGHED and a fucking EARWIG flew out of my mouth and ran off.

<LOUD SCREAM>

EARWIGS are much much worse and harder than spiders.

Earwigs are basically spiders with flickknives attached to their heads.

urgh
I have no more to say

Salmotrutta Tue 19-Jul-11 13:03:19

Shirley - my mum once bit into a strawberry which turned out to be full of baby earwigs shock

<told that story on here before actually>

Salmotrutta Tue 19-Jul-11 13:04:50

Oh, and I once bought a pomegranate, opened it up at home - and it was full of maggots. I do believe I launched it across the kitchen.

<squirms at repressed memory>

Tidey Tue 19-Jul-11 13:05:30

Eurrrrghhhh earwigs are fuppin' horrifying.

ShirleyKnot Tue 19-Jul-11 13:06:23

Fu.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

That is just so bad. Salmo. So bad. sad.

If I hadn't have coughed the blighter out I might have died at the pincers of the evil earwigs. Death by Earwig. shock

shelfy74 Tue 19-Jul-11 13:07:17

Drinking a slug?!! That's horrific.

cheekeymonkey Tue 19-Jul-11 13:10:52

My hubby awoke one morning in a lounge after a party at someones house and noticed a 'snail trail' going across the carpet.

DH followed said trail and it lead to the open mouth of his mate that was sleeping on the sofa!

No sign of slug/snail.

ShirleyKnot Tue 19-Jul-11 13:11:22

Oh and I also drank a ladybird in a cup-O-Soup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now