Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To Steal This Piglet ?

(96 Posts)
AnneWiddecomesArse Mon 18-Jul-11 09:12:17

I've been on a few bike rides with DD and we pass a small farm with a sow and nine little piglets. We've started to take chopped apples for them etc.
Anyway there is this tiny piggy who is obviously the runt. He's the tiniest and gets bullied by the other piglets; and the sow is rather rough/callous with him.
We have a real connection; I just feel it in my water. He looks me straight in the eye and we have empathy.
Can I nick him, stick him in my back pack and keep him ?

I'd post money to the farm after the escape.

Do. Raise him as your second child and give him a wee dress and bonnet.
What will you do when he's the size of your bathtub, with sharp teeth tho? Naughty step? grin

Punkatheart Mon 18-Jul-11 09:17:49

Tiny teeny pigs grow into enormous poo machines. Even runts. They eat constantly and if they get in a bad mood, they can charge, squash you against the side of the pen and even nip you. Although this is only if you do not look after them properly. You will have to clean out sour foul smelling pig poo every day, become splattered in muck.

Pigs are highly intelligent and also social. One pig will be distressed and lonely. He will want to be with you all the time. If not he/she will pace, cry, snuffle and even break out to charge through your kitchen, eating and pooing everywhere.

Neighbours will complain. The council will come round. The RSPCA will be involved. Eventually, the pig will be taken away and you will cry, but be strangely relieved.

Piglet still look cute?

sloggies Mon 18-Jul-11 09:18:51

You are not BU. Every home needs a piglet.....grin

Andrewofgg Mon 18-Jul-11 09:23:37

My built-in bullshit detector has just redlined.

Still, an entertaining start to the week. I am stuck at home with the mother of all colds (if that is not too sexist an expression) and glad of a smile.

Chundle Mon 18-Jul-11 09:24:08

Steal it!!!

allhailtheaubergine Mon 18-Jul-11 09:24:49

Admit it. You just fancy a bacon sandwich.

happymole Mon 18-Jul-11 09:25:55

Working on the assumption that the movie Babe is in fact a true story, I would do it.

Contact the farmer and offer to buy it for an irresistible amount.

AnneWiddecomesArse Mon 18-Jul-11 09:32:45

It is a Babe moment.
I have land and a big house. I don't have close neighbours. I have a teenage DD, the house is already a tip, so you'd hardly notice a pig.
I know piglets get bigger, even runts.

But pigs are highly intellegent and can be house trained; which is more than I've managed with DD. And I work from home and we would both appreciate company.
And there's this real connection.

MonaLotte Mon 18-Jul-11 09:38:47

grin at happymole!

snoopdogg Mon 18-Jul-11 09:39:16

do you heart the pig or pity the pig? need to establish some baselines here.

AnneWiddecomesArse Mon 18-Jul-11 09:51:52

It's a combination of heart and pity. He just looks so sad.

Chundle Mon 18-Jul-11 10:06:41

Totally do it if you have all that space for it x

Pigs get mahoosive. And some of them become right moody bastards. Of you take the cute ickle piglet home this summer, next summer it will be demanding human food and biting your arse if you don't let it sleep in your bed. And have you smelled a pig's fart? Evil. Pure, nasal torture.

MsChanandlerBong Mon 18-Jul-11 10:15:41

What is the current sentence likely for piggy rustling?
I'm not sure explaining to the farmer or judge that 'you have a connection with the piglet' will help your case...

OldMacEIEIO Mon 18-Jul-11 10:16:31

Take it Home ?? What about the smell ? How do you know the piggy will be able to stand it ?

AnneWiddecomesArse Mon 18-Jul-11 10:25:04

"Pigs get mahoosive" Check. We have empathy
"Right Moody Bastards" Check. Teenager
Demanding Human Food" Check DH and DD
"Biting your arse if you don't let it sleep in your bed". Sounds kind of nice. A bit of passion would be nice.
Farts ??? Noooooooo.

I don't know about pig rustling. Is it a criminal offense ? It's theft when you deprive an owner of goods permanently. Could I just kidnap foster it until it starts farting ?

Another in the 'yes, dooooo, steal the piggy, just to amuse the rest of us'

Who wouldn't want a little piggy, and I understand that if you feed them cod liver oil five times a day they stay teeeny tiny little pigglings for ever and ever and can be taught to chase off burglars and fold laundry.

My understanding may be flawed

schobe Mon 18-Jul-11 10:27:31

ONLY on mumsnet.

But if you stole a bloody argos pencil, you'd get posts telling you how dishonest you were.

Btw, yes to stealing piggy.

schobe Mon 18-Jul-11 10:28:37

Rofl at 'real connection' with piglet and looking into each other's eyes.

I want a piglet now.

5GoMadOnAZ650 Mon 18-Jul-11 10:29:10

Also you'd need a small holders licence and to submit paperwork just to move the piglet to your house.

veryworried29 Mon 18-Jul-11 10:30:28

We need to see a photo before we can decide. Please please please please please please please [dd asking for something emoticon].

boswelloxsmith Mon 18-Jul-11 10:31:45

AnneWiddicomesArse - the Mumsnet rustler. grin

AnneWiddecomesArse Mon 18-Jul-11 10:32:21

It's geese that chase off burglers. I know this because we pass the Church and they've bought six to stop them loosing the lead off the roof again. They're bastards and I go up the Church hill like Contador on a good day.

Folded laundry would be a good thing that doesn't happen at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now