I have a bath every day, a hot deep one, with bubbles, and I read my book in there for at least an hour.

(64 Posts)
Reality Tue 24-May-11 12:09:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MumGoneCrazy Tue 24-May-11 19:32:45

Do you ever get that feeling where you just want to strip off and jump in whenever you see a river, canal or the sea? I had that really bad while pregnant with DD2 and always wanted to be in water, I was having at least 3 baths every days and they all lasted 2-3hrs it drove DP crazy! Longest bath was 4 and a half hrs and most baths in one day was 6 blush

chocolatehobnobs Tue 24-May-11 19:27:23

That's better I'm in now grin

MumGoneCrazy Tue 24-May-11 19:26:57

I'm in the bath now with my laptop perched on a stool beside me, next to that is another stool and on it is a bag of crisps, a big glass of ice cold coke and a book (chick-lit) grin

chocolatehobnobs Tue 24-May-11 19:23:16

Love my daily baths. I had my on suite designed as sanctuary.special shelves for tea or wine, 2 phones so never have to get out to answer phone, laptop to watch internet tv eg desperate housewives. Love reading my kindle or AIBU . MUST GO ... BATH IS READY!

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Tue 24-May-11 19:11:54

I so agree with you. I do this too - I would be insane without it.

I would never take food in there with me though; can't understand that at all - but I do like a drink in there.

Punkatheart Tue 24-May-11 19:07:41

You pregnant ladies are reminding me of when I was pregnant, lying in the bath. I used to love feeling my DD-to-be doing hiccup after hiccup.

It must have been the most content I have ever been in my life.

(Cue harp music and goofy smile)

LaWeasel Tue 24-May-11 19:03:20

I dropped my early edition harry potter and the philosopher's stone in the bath when I was a kid blush

DontGoCurly Tue 24-May-11 18:59:25

No, rarely have a bath. It's showers for me. Warm water only though, never hot. I can't physically bear hot water....it's too hot...I'm constantly baffled as to how people can have hot baths! My skin is really dry, I would shrivel up and die of burns if I got into a hot bath!

LatteLady Tue 24-May-11 18:54:40

Love the bath... but NOOOOOOOOOOO to reading a book in there, it does dreadful things to the pages... I might even have to send a librarian round to hoik you out...

walks off tutting to her bookshelves

LaWeasel Tue 24-May-11 18:48:07

I am about to have my third bath of the day since DD is now in bed for the night. I'm pregnant and I swear on all that is holy-and-not-fecking-ginger-biscuits it stops me feeling sick!

samc007 Tue 24-May-11 15:45:26

It should most definitely be a human right! I am in the luke warm brigade at the moment due to pregnancy and am looking forward to my huge thunder thighs not touching the sides of the bath once baby arrives in July! Getting out is a pain at the min as our bath is narrow (but very deep so bubbles up to shoulders while sat!) and the tap is in the middle so no proper hand room to hoist myself up. I fear I am close to having to forego my bath and instead have a stupid shower sad

Book,snack and drink is a definate need for a bath too

I never shower, only bath (rinse the conditioner off with the shower head though)... not always bubbles, but ALWAYS a book - I actually don't think I could bathe without one blush. It is the first thing I look for and I often forget to take a towel in with me... because my hands are full of book, glass of milk, hunk of good cheese or choccy bar - for some reason I have to snack in the bath. I once stayed in for 6 hours when I was pregnant - read two books! Just kept topping up the hot whenever I noticed it was cold, which sometimes takes a while if it is a good book... 3 hour baths are not uncommon and I often catch a nap in there too... only place without kids sometimes!

rubyrubyruby Tue 24-May-11 15:34:05

it always seems like such a good idea.

........... But then I never really enjoy it.

ScousyFogarty Tue 24-May-11 15:26:55

I did not expect to see HMQ on Mumsnet. Have you tried Twitter, Ma,am?

Shodan Tue 24-May-11 13:40:24

Boiling hot bath every night for at least an hour here. It's a small shower bath, which took some getting used to, but now I've learnt to prop my feet up on the wall at the end so all good.

First third of bathtime is reading. Second third is what I like to call Positive Meditative Reinforcement but others call daydreaming. Third third is washing, hairwashing, exfoliating, shaving etc.

Woe betide anyone who interrupts bathtime. It's essential for my sanity. DH once (in our early days, before he Knew Better) climbed in the bath with me. I was not a happy bunny. Shodan Doesn't Share Baths.

(Actually I do, occasionally, with ds2. But I make lots of excuses so only have to do it once in a while. Ds1 used to badger me to share until I told him I wee in the bath. I don't, but it stopped him pestering)

KvetaBarry Tue 24-May-11 13:32:20

oh, I'd love a bath. our new house has a spectacularly short one - even DS can't lie in it properly, and he's only 19 months. We're getting a new one (still short, but longer than the current one) and a shower fitted in 3 weeks. I plan to christen it with a hot bath and a book, and DH will be instructed not to disturb me AT ALL unless he or DS has lost a limb.

MummyDoIt Tue 24-May-11 13:19:01

I have been known to put my laptop on a chair next to the bath and watch a DVD or something on the iPlayer. Dr Who during the 10th doctor phase is a favourite so I can claim to have shared my bath with David Tennant. I did once MN from the bath (very carefully, with dry hands!), just for the novelty!

FollowMe Tue 24-May-11 13:18:50

I have a hot bubbly bath every day. Love it!

Mandy2003 Tue 24-May-11 13:15:08

NOOOOO! I cannot ABIDE having dry hands and a wet body. It makes me want to <boak>

Sorry I don't know what to do with the fuzzy peach oil but I just Googled it and apparently it is very rare and valuable as it's been discontinued!

youmeatsix Tue 24-May-11 13:14:28

i havent had a bath since i was a child
shower morning and night for me
i get bored sitting in a bath, and i never feel clean when i come out, so i had a shower after my bath

shitmagnet Tue 24-May-11 13:12:47

To put oil in a bath, I would first dissolve a few drops in some liquid soap - that way it will distribute evenly. A liquid castille soap is perfect, as it has no nasties. Although I'm not sure I'd use an oil that was years old!

Ohhh, I am so jealous! We don't have a bath, there's not enough room, and I would love one. Showers are nice and clean but baths are so lovely and relaxing - with a long book and maybe the radio on. Yes. smile

CountBapula Tue 24-May-11 13:12:09

I used to before I had DS. Now I forgo baths in favour of sleep ... I now have showers accompanied by an eight-month-old in a bouncy chair and have to play peekaboo through the cubicle door ...

shitmagnet Tue 24-May-11 13:10:45

I stand in a hot shower every morning and sip my brew in there.

It is the sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) in soaps etc that creates bubbles (surfactant), and yes it has been linked with cancer, albiet indirectly. There are worse ingredients.

AuntieMaggie Tue 24-May-11 13:06:09

Can anyone tell me if I can put the fuzzy peach oil I bought from the body shop a few years ago in the bath? Or do I need a carrier oil?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now