I have a bath every day, a hot deep one, with bubbles, and I read my book in there for at least an hour.

(64 Posts)
Reality Tue 24-May-11 12:09:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ScousyFogarty Tue 24-May-11 15:26:55

I did not expect to see HMQ on Mumsnet. Have you tried Twitter, Ma,am?

rubyrubyruby Tue 24-May-11 15:34:05

it always seems like such a good idea.

........... But then I never really enjoy it.

I never shower, only bath (rinse the conditioner off with the shower head though)... not always bubbles, but ALWAYS a book - I actually don't think I could bathe without one blush. It is the first thing I look for and I often forget to take a towel in with me... because my hands are full of book, glass of milk, hunk of good cheese or choccy bar - for some reason I have to snack in the bath. I once stayed in for 6 hours when I was pregnant - read two books! Just kept topping up the hot whenever I noticed it was cold, which sometimes takes a while if it is a good book... 3 hour baths are not uncommon and I often catch a nap in there too... only place without kids sometimes!

samc007 Tue 24-May-11 15:45:26

It should most definitely be a human right! I am in the luke warm brigade at the moment due to pregnancy and am looking forward to my huge thunder thighs not touching the sides of the bath once baby arrives in July! Getting out is a pain at the min as our bath is narrow (but very deep so bubbles up to shoulders while sat!) and the tap is in the middle so no proper hand room to hoist myself up. I fear I am close to having to forego my bath and instead have a stupid shower sad

Book,snack and drink is a definate need for a bath too

LaWeasel Tue 24-May-11 18:48:07

I am about to have my third bath of the day since DD is now in bed for the night. I'm pregnant and I swear on all that is holy-and-not-fecking-ginger-biscuits it stops me feeling sick!

LatteLady Tue 24-May-11 18:54:40

Love the bath... but NOOOOOOOOOOO to reading a book in there, it does dreadful things to the pages... I might even have to send a librarian round to hoik you out...

walks off tutting to her bookshelves

DontGoCurly Tue 24-May-11 18:59:25

No, rarely have a bath. It's showers for me. Warm water only though, never hot. I can't physically bear hot water....it's too hot...I'm constantly baffled as to how people can have hot baths! My skin is really dry, I would shrivel up and die of burns if I got into a hot bath!

LaWeasel Tue 24-May-11 19:03:20

I dropped my early edition harry potter and the philosopher's stone in the bath when I was a kid blush

Punkatheart Tue 24-May-11 19:07:41

You pregnant ladies are reminding me of when I was pregnant, lying in the bath. I used to love feeling my DD-to-be doing hiccup after hiccup.

It must have been the most content I have ever been in my life.

(Cue harp music and goofy smile)

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Tue 24-May-11 19:11:54

I so agree with you. I do this too - I would be insane without it.

I would never take food in there with me though; can't understand that at all - but I do like a drink in there.

chocolatehobnobs Tue 24-May-11 19:23:16

Love my daily baths. I had my on suite designed as sanctuary.special shelves for tea or wine, 2 phones so never have to get out to answer phone, laptop to watch internet tv eg desperate housewives. Love reading my kindle or AIBU . MUST GO ... BATH IS READY!

MumGoneCrazy Tue 24-May-11 19:26:57

I'm in the bath now with my laptop perched on a stool beside me, next to that is another stool and on it is a bag of crisps, a big glass of ice cold coke and a book (chick-lit) grin

chocolatehobnobs Tue 24-May-11 19:27:23

That's better I'm in now grin

MumGoneCrazy Tue 24-May-11 19:32:45

Do you ever get that feeling where you just want to strip off and jump in whenever you see a river, canal or the sea? I had that really bad while pregnant with DD2 and always wanted to be in water, I was having at least 3 baths every days and they all lasted 2-3hrs it drove DP crazy! Longest bath was 4 and a half hrs and most baths in one day was 6 blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now