Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

I have a bath every day, a hot deep one, with bubbles, and I read my book in there for at least an hour.

(64 Posts)
Reality Tue 24-May-11 12:09:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GypsyMoth Tue 24-May-11 12:10:59

me too!!

but no book....ipod and headphones!!

GypsyMoth Tue 24-May-11 12:11:33

and i'm sometimes in there longer...

emsyj Tue 24-May-11 12:11:59

I have a hot bubbly bath every night before bed and cannot sleep without it. Have been known to return after a night on the tiles and run a bath in the early hours. The worst thing about the newborn phase with DD was not being able to have a bath in peace.

YANBU

Yep, agree!! I dont go in the bath unless I have at least an hour although and hour and a half is better. I have it filled to the top, lovely bubbles and I go in there with a book, magazines, a drink and something to eat!!!

DS and DH know NOT to interupt me when I am in the bath, it is my time and I love it!!!

A definate human right......there must be a law about it somewhere wink

LaWeasel Tue 24-May-11 12:12:19

Yeah, me too!

I can't have music though or I can't hear DD.

clitorisorclitoraint Tue 24-May-11 12:12:33

Water shortages?

Minorroad Tue 24-May-11 12:12:36

Bubbles give you cancer.

emsyj Tue 24-May-11 12:13:02

Oh, I don't read either - had to stop as kept dropping books in the bath <butterfingers> and they go all crispy and wrinkled when they dry out.

MrsCarriePooter Tue 24-May-11 12:13:06

Definitely. Although I live on the edge, me, and read my Kindle without a waterproof cover.

Buda Tue 24-May-11 12:13:33

I get thrush if I have too many baths.

So I just stay smelly.

emsyj Tue 24-May-11 12:14:40

DH shares my bath (well, my water - he gets in after me) - will that do, clitorisorclitoraint?

ToriaPumpkin Tue 24-May-11 12:14:56

Me too! When not pg I have a beer or glass of wine with me. Sometimes I take two books if I know I'm likely to finish one. DH knows not to interrupt me but ILs are yet to learn, they have two bathrooms but still insist on hovering in the hall shouting in to ask if I'm ok every ten minutes...

Mumswang Tue 24-May-11 12:18:30

oh yes me too, always have done

it was a habit formed in childhood when my mother would sit on the loo and read to me, dick king smiths, my naugtiest littel sister, the borrowers, little house on the prarie, teh hobit, lord of the rings and so on

we've got a new tap that i can work with my toe so i can top up with hot when needed without moving

ahhh it's one of life's simple pleasures

I'm on a water meter so if I want a bath every day I'll have one!

Bubbles give you cancer?? I've heard it all now!!

sausagesandmarmelade Tue 24-May-11 12:27:48

LOVE my hot baths....

No books for me though

Punkatheart Tue 24-May-11 12:31:38

I do it too but obviously not in YOUR bath poster. I have my own. I love to read and so does my OH but his mother was horrified that he does this. She is phobic about falling asleep and drowning. Get a better book, I say!

One of life's pleasures - reflections of the water on buttery yellow walls. Cat scratching to come in so she can have a thyroidal operatic session, daughter screaming about where is my fav blouse, OH telling her off.

I think I better think it out again. But when I do get peace as well - it is bliss.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Tue 24-May-11 12:33:47

I channel my inner mermaid at every opportunity, but I just don't get the bath thing at all.

No matter how luxurious the bubbles are, I'm not prepared to spend valuable time wallowing in a bath when I can shower, wash hair, dry, dress/titivate, and be good to go in considerably less an hour.

I'm not OCD, but on the rare occasions that I have a bath I always shower afterwards to make sure that any dead skin cells and other detritus are sluiced away rather than being left on my body.

petitepeach Tue 24-May-11 12:35:35

me too! love a good soak...also lock the door its the only bit of peace and quiet you can get....dc still push little notes under the door though....smile

Punkatheart Tue 24-May-11 12:36:49

My daughter once wrote a three page note on why she should be allowed up late to watch Glee. If only she applied herself to her school work as well...

ThisIsJustASagaNow Tue 24-May-11 12:37:30

Yanbu. I'm def not a shower person. It's hard to get the peace to do it here though hmm

ViolaTricolor Tue 24-May-11 12:37:57

I love a good bath, though I've never mastered drinking in the bath. Something about the liquid inside/outside thing makes me feel a bit odd, especially if they're at different temperatures.

emsyj Tue 24-May-11 12:38:04

My DH does it too - usually with a glass of wine or whisky. He often falls asleep in the bath but has never yet plunged a book.

I never wash my hair in the bath tho - so if going out, have bath and shave legs, then hop in the shower to wash hair.

grottielottie Tue 24-May-11 12:38:53

Oh I love a bath, so hot that I'm red and seeing stars when I get out. It's Luke warm all the way at the moment though as I'm pregnant, and no wine.

I go for listening to radio 4 on iplayer rather than a book.

emsyj Tue 24-May-11 12:39:17

Ooooh I agree ViolaTricolour ! I thought I was the only one who felt like that!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now