I am being BLACKMAILED

(642 Posts)
bupcakesandcunting Thu 05-May-11 19:28:38

By some divvy on eBay angry

I bought a Benefit eyeliner off her for the princely sum of £4.20. Got it today and it's fake. I sent her this email:

"Hi,

I got the pencil this morning and I am really disappointed to see that it's a fake. It explains why it was so cheap but I buy Benefit a lot so I know a fake when I see it!

Can I have a refund please?"

She sent this reply:

"Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are not happy with the item, as far as my wholesaler states these are not fake but imports from USA, customer satisfaction is my priority and I would not knowingly sell fake items. As you are not happy I am willing to send a full refund once good feedback as been given. I wait for your reply.

Kind regards"

I just sent one back going "Hmmm, pretty sure that's blackmail."

Or is it bribery? I don't know. But still! Cheeky sod.

Should I leave shit feedback and sod the £4 or get therefund but lie? I am thinking of letting her keep the four quid and writing "SCRUBBY FUCK" as her feedback.

QuintessentialPains Thu 05-May-11 19:30:32

report her to ebay.

Rhinestone Thu 05-May-11 19:30:44

Can you report her to Ebay? Also Trading Standards - if she is selling fakes and passing them off as real then she is breaking the law.

Trading Standards have power of arrest - I would inform your local TS and take it from there.

bupcakesandcunting Thu 05-May-11 19:32:22

I've checked her feedback and loads of dodgy reports for fake items. Should have checked before really blush But she has loads of positive ones. Probably all left because she blackmailed them.

KurriKurri Thu 05-May-11 19:32:35

Not sure whether its blackmail.bribery or something else, but she's definitely a cheeky sod. If it's not what's described, she gives you your money back. I'd report her, send a copy of her e-mail.

bupcakesandcunting Thu 05-May-11 19:34:36

I will report her.

I will be a snitch grin

Rhinestone Thu 05-May-11 19:35:07

Seriously, phone Trading Standards. TS are part of your local council - you pay for them every month in your council tax so use them!! This is what they do.

bittersweetvictory Thu 05-May-11 19:35:44

Dont leave positive feedback as they will claim that you are happy with the item, i would file a claim and report her for selling fake goods, if you paid through paypal then you will be covered.

TheVeryAngryMumapillar Thu 05-May-11 19:37:05

It's not snitching! She's got a business and is giving crap service!

TheVeryAngryMumapillar Thu 05-May-11 19:38:04

Gosh...just seen who the OP is....I haven't seen you here for a while!

You don't know me especially and I have name changed a lot, but I wondered where you were!

squeakytoy Thu 05-May-11 19:38:32

I would happily lose the four quid to put negative feedback on the lying cow. I sell on ebay and scumbags like her are the reason we have high fees, and so much hassle trying to earn a living..

Report her. It's not such a lot of money to lose and the satisfaction of hopefully getting her into trouble with more people than just ebay will be worth it.

Then leave bad feedback saying she tried to blackmail you.

ENormaSnob Thu 05-May-11 19:40:54

Report the fucker.

DameShirleyKnot Thu 05-May-11 19:42:18

You are mental.

blueemerald Thu 05-May-11 19:42:24

Fake Benefit stuff is a huge problem on eBay! (I've also bought a fake eyeliner! Search for fake Benefit makeup on Youtube and there are so many videos!This is the one that confirmed my suspicions) Tell her that her response is clearly bullshit nonsense as she has so much negative feedback for selling fake stuff and that you will be reporting her to eBay and expect a full refund.

StayFr0sty Thu 05-May-11 19:42:40

Grass her up!

shinyrobot Thu 05-May-11 19:43:00

If you paid via paypal you could go down the item not described route but they will normally require proof such as a letter on headed paper from an official reseller for instance (Boots or Debenhams or something similar, not familiar with the brand).

You can also do this through ebay and if the seller does not refund you generally either ebay or paypal will.

You can also report the email to ebay, if she sent it via ebay messages there is a report button in each message. If not just go through the contact ebay section.

Do not leave profanities in feedback, it will be removed so it is a bit pointless.

I would also report to trading standards as there are strict rules on make up items and fakes have been known to have all kinds of nasty chemicals in them - don't use it either!!

No way would I leave a positive for her!!!

Clytaemnestra Thu 05-May-11 19:44:27

Report her, then open up a dispute and then leave negative feedback smile

Then you'll get your money back, she'll get into trouble and you can be really rude about her on her feedback and make yourself feel better. Win win and win grin

Definitely report her. Don't leave any feedback at all until ebay get involved.

pjmama Thu 05-May-11 19:45:43

Just tell her it is worth £4.20 to you to report her and leave her some scathing feedback. Money well spent IMO. wink

DameShirleyKnot Thu 05-May-11 19:46:01

Write your complaint IN THE EYELINER on your screen. <nods>

You deserve everything you get you frigging eejit by not reading feedback.

Prairie hats like you are enablers to these fraudsters.

angry

Serves you right for having such an obscene name. Karma truly reigns.

FuppyGish Thu 05-May-11 19:47:58

How do you know its fake? Im intrigued.

ajandjjmum Thu 05-May-11 19:48:38

I would leave feedback saying what she did too.

Reality Thu 05-May-11 19:51:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now