to watch the RW in my wedding dress?

(108 Posts)

Well I was considering it if I could squeeze into it find it, but my earrings still fit, so I shall be wearing those.

wink

Anyone else planning to wear their wedding frippery?

CommonerTrulyReigns Fri 29-Apr-11 10:11:41

grin at lift-off.

FellatioNels0n Fri 29-Apr-11 08:36:50

I don't know what to do with myself until lift-off now!

SugarPasteFrog Fri 29-Apr-11 08:31:26

Arf at Huw pointing out that seats in the Abbey aren't pre-allocated? Who knew the Royals had taken a leaf out of Ryanair's book? grin

MotherMucca Fri 29-Apr-11 08:30:01

Rollers out, Ellnette sprayed.

Coral lippie applied. WillKat earrings donned.

Half a bottle of cooking sherry downed.

Get a bliddy move on kids! Cheers!

SugarPasteFrog Fri 29-Apr-11 08:30:00

FN - I suggest a home-made confection, stapled together sheets from OK magazine and Hello perhaps? grin

FellatioNels0n Fri 29-Apr-11 08:23:40

I haven't got mine anymore - what shall I wear instead?

berylmuspratt Thu 28-Apr-11 22:21:23

That is a brilliant idea OP. I can't get into mine and it's a 90s confection of daisies and lace, I might try and pop it on though. DS (5) will freak out when he comes downstairs and sees Miss Havisham sat on the sofa eating toast smile

HappySeven Thu 28-Apr-11 21:52:36

I just read this out and suggested I do the same. DH said "would you still fit in it?". Red rag... bull! Just been in the loft, dragged it out and tried it on. First time in 9 years and tighter than it was but felt great! DH smiling too. Thanks!

Lexilicious Thu 28-Apr-11 20:39:17

I was thinking this exact idea today! I said it out loud at work and people thought I was la-la (I am). Got married Dec 09 so probably still fits. Fifties knee length thingy (prob on profile).

Have got no flags or bunting or anything though. May just look like a crazy lady in an ivory dress. Oh! I have a union jack tea towel! I will drape it over my arm when I pop to Tesco.

CocktailQueen Thu 28-Apr-11 20:35:44

Har har - do! I'm going to wear my wedding tiara grin

pointydog Thu 28-Apr-11 20:28:42

Utterly bonkers

MABS Thu 28-Apr-11 20:09:29

only if i can have lipo and a tummy tuck before 11 tmro sad

We are having a BBQ with a few friends and will be wearing wedding dresses smile

One of my friends isn't married (yet - 8 year engagement !), so she is borrowing one of mine (I still have one from my previous marriage). We're hiring a bouncy castle - supposedly for the dc's so tomorrow, somewhere in the midlands, there will be 5 women jumping on a bouncy castle, quite possibly in the rain, in wedding dresses grin

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Thu 28-Apr-11 19:52:16

lol - will not be watching the wedding, but did think it might be fun if everyone wore their dresses that day - even those selling flange brackets in b&Q, tho maybe not firefighters. I shall be taking the dc to atheme park -so probably wont but there is a street party in our road we may look in at later to met the neighboursgrin
Min is not the trad type, is very short and lacy - in fact so short that my younger step-daughter's job at out weddign was to carry a whistle in her bouquet and blow it if my knickers were showing - she was very proud of her duty (she was 7)
I took a pic of myself tonight in mine to put as my temp facebook pic-for one day grin

HerRoyalHighnessPrincessCervix Thu 28-Apr-11 19:46:02

I cannot believe that someone else had this idea grin blush

but i'm 6 stone heavier now and don't think i'll fit, and it wasn't a meringue or anything anyway.

i feel i must confess, the charity shop in town had a large lacy bride frock in the window and I actually thought about it for a second or 2.

paisleyII Thu 28-Apr-11 19:43:37

i sold my on loot years ago but great idea! i still have my shoes and bag and tiara! you have given me a good idea cheers wine

greensnail Thu 28-Apr-11 19:43:23

ooh, I'd love to wear mine. I think it should fit now I've lost a bit of weight. It might even be too big. I'm quite excited now but DH will think i've gone crazy grin

Should I find something weddingy for DD1 to wear? I have the bridesmaid dress I wore when I was pg with her, she could maybe use it as a tent to watch the wedding from.

SoupDragon Thu 28-Apr-11 19:31:21

MrsSnow, you do understand that no one here is actually going to the wedding, don't you?

MadameCastafiore Thu 28-Apr-11 19:25:52

I am wearing mine to a wedding themed BBQ. Tried it on last week and is too big for me oh the joy! Am going to be stuffing with loo paper!

MaureenMLove Thu 28-Apr-11 19:24:34

Speaking as the notorious Mo, who wears hers on a scarily regular basis, you are so nbu! It's a fantastic idea and I will be doing the same! In fact I'm wearing it tomorrow AND Saturday at another Royal Wedding party! grin

It cost be a small fortune in 1991, so I need to get my monies worth! grin

madonnawhore Thu 28-Apr-11 19:18:52

Never having been married, my friend and I were tempted to buy second hand ones...

I think I'll just settle for a hat, with a fascinator of course!

CommonerTrulyReigns Thu 28-Apr-11 19:17:59

Just the one can coab? wink

lambet great photo hmm grin

chrisonabike Thu 28-Apr-11 19:15:23

Gutted I can't join in. Getting married next month and sitting in front of the box in the frock with a fried egg sandwich and a can of Strongbow will surely end in tears.

MarianneM Thu 28-Apr-11 19:06:24

Great idea! I'd do it myself if I could fit into my wedding dress!

MrsSnow Thu 28-Apr-11 19:04:19

why?

You wouldn't go to someone else's wedding in your wedding dress would you?? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now