to watch the RW in my wedding dress?

(108 Posts)

Well I was considering it if I could squeeze into it find it, but my earrings still fit, so I shall be wearing those.

wink

Anyone else planning to wear their wedding frippery?

FellatioNels0n Tue 26-Apr-11 21:25:17

I was a bit confused when I saw the thread title and then I PMSL when I saw it was you, Chaos. grin I love the idea of loads of MNers sitting in front of the telly on Friday in our wedding dresses that we can't do up.

I haven't kept mine sadly so I can't join you. I might dig out my massively valuable diamond tiara though. And I'll sit on my velvet throne. hmm

Are we going to have a wedding reception, with cake and dancing to Abba in the evening? Please?

FellatioNels0n Tue 26-Apr-11 21:25:54

Actually I 'm going to starty a thread about that. I am the Wedding Planner.

sausagesandmarmelade Tue 26-Apr-11 21:27:36

They are going to be selling wedding cake and sparkling wine at stalls in hyde park I believe..............

Had I planned this I could have made a 1 tiered wedding cake...I love a bit of cake (so does hubs)

cottonreels Tue 26-Apr-11 21:27:38

I just laughed out loud and scared the cat!

Maryz Tue 26-Apr-11 21:27:54

I let dd try on mine the other day. She looked much better than I did blush, though she did laugh at the out-of-datedness of it.

rubyrubyruby Tue 26-Apr-11 21:28:27

I could wear mine!

I would love to wear mine infact smile

Maryz Tue 26-Apr-11 21:29:04

I do want to wear a hat though, but I'm in Ireland where we are pretending it isn't happening sad.

RespectTheDoughnut Tue 26-Apr-11 21:29:14

I was 7 months pregnant when I got married, so I can probably still fit into it - but my divorce is currently going through, so I may not bother grin

DoubleDegreeStudent Tue 26-Apr-11 21:38:10

I've got these to wear to university, and a little bottle of "dating a royal" nail varnish. Wish I'd checked the arse side of the pants before I bought them though hmm

We have (really really really) considered making this compulsory attire for our street party. No really. But arem't doing it. May yet reconsider on this one..

ShirleyKnot Tue 26-Apr-11 21:41:23

Arf

RespectTheDoughnut - Me too! ( except divorce long since obtained!)

I might drape myself in RW tea towels

LadyBlaBlah Tue 26-Apr-11 21:43:10

OMG I am PMSL

I am actually going to do this on Friday as an ironic republican protest

Wll make the day much more enjoyable

Maryz Tue 26-Apr-11 21:43:52

Oh, Oh, Oh, I've just noticed the crowns blush.

What does c stand for confused?

I may have to post a lot grin.

Inspiration!!

I have a very large union flag - i shall wear the dress and use the flag as a stloe to cover my gapping back.

I shall be sectioned the talk of the town walking down an A-road to my frinds house.

wink

<<note to self - buy new bra, just in case of majorslippage>>

stole

[cbush]

lawks

blush

pigletmania Tue 26-Apr-11 21:54:21

No go for it, enjoy wine

SugarPasteFrog Tue 26-Apr-11 21:57:27

I would if I could get the damn thing on - I don't think I'd even be able to get it past my hips anymore blush

One of my friends puts hers on every so often and wears it round the house for a bit, just to check that she can still fit into it. It's not uncommon for her DH to come in and find her doing the washing up whilst wearing her wedding dress and veil grin

Rubber gloves?

GeneralissimoVonBobbington Tue 26-Apr-11 22:01:18

Erm, you are all the mad ones, Chaos and I will be royally decked out and sipping fizz while we wave to all you improperly dressed plebs.

My wedding was only 18 months ago so I can still fit into my dress if I breathe in and don't eat anything and my tiara, veil and shoes definitely still fit.

You may curtesy grin

Lizzylou Tue 26-Apr-11 22:04:58

I lent my dress to a size 10 Brazilian, she looked sooo much better than me, once she'd got it altered to fit her svelte self. So no, won't be wearing mine grin
Anyway, I will be on a plane for the first time since I had kids so will miss the whole shenanigans. I am slightly regretting that now, I quite fancy sitting on my sofa in my basque and tiara (only things that still fit 9 yrs on).

PumpkinBones Tue 26-Apr-11 22:06:05

I had my wedding dress made into a lovely classic dress so I could wear it, but DS's will be clattering around and may spill or drool on it.

marmaladetwatkins Tue 26-Apr-11 22:15:51

I knew this would be a Chaos thread as soon as I saw the title grin

I am dressing up like a wedding guest, in a fascinator and Coast frock. I am
being serious about this.

madcatlaydee Tue 26-Apr-11 22:47:25

chaos - my friend is wearing hers so you won't be alone! More worryingly she wants the rest of us to wears ours too...

SugarPasteFrog Tue 26-Apr-11 22:48:53

Of course - she's very fussy about taking care of her hands!

She had a big 'princess' style dress as well - it looks lovely offset with some marigolds and her big fluffy slippers grin

Her DH is used to it now, but got a bit of a shock the first time she did it, when he came home and apparently busy wrestling with her veil while she was hoovering the front room...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now