Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To love my She-wee

(138 Posts)
spiderslegs Sun 24-Apr-11 01:54:04

Just got one for my birthday & can't stop pissing all over the garden - bloke style.....

Marlinspike Sun 24-Apr-11 15:55:08

Thanks deemented! If it's good enough for Fearne Cotton, it's good enough for me!

Guess I will still have to get out of my lovely warm sleeping bag and tent when I'm camping though!

thenightsky Sun 24-Apr-11 16:04:30

grin at 'NATO approved'

microfight Sun 24-Apr-11 16:10:08

don't you have to wipe after though?

spiderslegs Tue 26-Apr-11 23:48:04

No - just shake it into the 'cup'

Honestly is a revelation - I've been pissing everwhere.

Maybe I should stop.......

spiderslegs Tue 26-Apr-11 23:51:07

Or not

I've been keeping it in the downstairs loo & have greatly enjoyed pissing all over the seat & then just popping my fly up.

fortyplus Tue 26-Apr-11 23:54:40

I'm into whitewater hayaking so it's sometimes necessary to wee outside.

The 'shake it into a cup' thing is bollox - if you don't wipe you smell of stale wee - especially if you've had your fanjo inside a drysuit all day! Ok? grin

forkful Tue 26-Apr-11 23:59:00

SkinittingFluffyBunnyBonnets that's exactly what I was going to post. I've thought about getting one before but never got round to it.

Marlinspike I suspect the ultimate combo is she-wee plus these bags grin

pigletmania Wed 27-Apr-11 00:02:17

Does Ferne Cotton have one confused. I have one but dont have the balls grin to use it though.

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 00:03:15

Ok Forty accept there may be a need to wipe if a drysuit is involved.

Otherwise, make like a bloke & let your pants soak it up.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 27-Apr-11 00:05:47

I've sometimes wondered about those when we're out walking and DH has nipped behind a hedge.

Even more I've wondered if they work for little girls who are a bit too old to be held to squat.

HalfPastWine Wed 27-Apr-11 00:07:44

*Honestly is a revelation - I've been pissing everwhere.

Maybe I should stop.......*

PMSL grin

I REALLY could have done with one of these on my last holiday. For some reason I felt embarrassed and ashamed but you've converted me. I'm definitely getting one.

Like the bit on that link where if you aren't sure a shewee is for you, ring this number... what is it, Fearne Cotton's personal line, or Deemented's mother in law, ready to rave about how awesome it is? grin

MilkNoSugarPlease Wed 27-Apr-11 00:29:42

Dee, I remember you asking about taking the piss and buying her one....can't believe she likes it!! sad

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 00:30:20

I particularly appreciate the fact they're NATO approved.

Really, if they weren't. I wouldn't.

Anyhoo, am off for another NATO approved piss.

Euuuuw...

In the link to those bags 'gel solidifies urine and other substances'

MollieO Wed 27-Apr-11 00:35:41

Thx for the link deemented. Not sure what to make of user tip to put it in the dishwasher! Ugh.

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 00:35:45

Right, I come back with news from the front line.

If you move closer to the seat as the stream diminishes not a drop is wasted.

I now deem pissing in the seat as an agressive act. I previously thought it a biological quirk.

Arse.

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 01:11:56

Although may have to re-think now after DH posed the question;

'Which is worse, using your mother's she-wee as a snorkel or using a pair of her dirty knickers to blow your nose?'

I can only assume he was party to both & did nothing about either.....

omg spiderslegs, I about wet myself yesterday...

PinotGrigiosKittens Wed 27-Apr-11 09:52:00

I have a shewee (for when we drive through France...french loos are fugly) and I can't do it without, you know, dripping. Is there a knack to it? I don't have a baggy fanjo if that helps <tight as a drum, me> grin

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 10:13:56

Does your Shewee have a prostate problem Pinot? that can cause dripping.....

Would these work for a 4 year old in an emergency? When we've been caught out I find it nigh on impossible to help her wee without it all going down her trousers/shoes. I have no idea how other people manage it.

deemented Wed 27-Apr-11 10:22:54

Oh Spiderslegs - the post about using your mothers Shewee as a snorkle versus using a pair of mothers dirty knickers to blow your nose has right put me off my corned beef pastie. And i was enjoying it too.

Milk - She does love it indeed - she's told me that it's really useful when she's on the back of her DP's motorbike she doesn't have to stop for a wee anymore....

GrimmaTheNome Wed 27-Apr-11 10:57:07

Octopus - there is no perfect way but: if possible remove lower clothing. Support child so that she's as near as possible in a sitting position (a treetrunk to lean against helps a lot). Position a rolled up tissue to try to direct the flow down and between.

It sometimes works, -ish grin.

For goodness sakes someone tell us if the shewee works for little girls!!!!

Quenelle Wed 27-Apr-11 11:04:45

I remember seeing women peeing into urinals at Reading Festival. This was years ago, before the advent of shewees so I've no idea how they managed it.

I'm definitely going to get a shewee for my next camping holiday. But I'll use it with the urine collection bag instead of peeing into bushes. That way I won't even have to get out of bed. Also I'm terrified of ending up on youtube.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now