To love my She-wee

(138 Posts)
spiderslegs Sun 24-Apr-11 01:54:04

Just got one for my birthday & can't stop pissing all over the garden - bloke style.....

BitOfFunnyBunny Sun 24-Apr-11 01:57:20

It sounds fab- are you really I.P.Freely though?

spiderslegs Sun 24-Apr-11 01:58:25

Yes - felt strange at first, but now, I just fertilise those pear trees....

BitOfFunnyBunny Sun 24-Apr-11 02:02:19

Aren't you supposed to pee into a receptacle? Does it not feel a bit medical?

stream Sun 24-Apr-11 02:02:42

How about the compost bin - I imagine the height of it might be a problem? hmm wink

Bluebell123 Sun 24-Apr-11 09:33:31

That's interesting - the guy at the garden centre told me that only male urine works on compost heaps ....

nolita Sun 24-Apr-11 09:47:02

i got one to take on holiday with me and was very disappointed that the toilets there were better than the ones at home. I still haven't had a chance to use it. i feel the neighbours would object to me using it in the communal car park.

TragicallyHip Sun 24-Apr-11 09:48:44

I tried that at Glasto but unfortunately got stage freight! hmm

deemented Sun 24-Apr-11 09:49:28

You are my MIL and i claim my £5.

TrinityRhino Sun 24-Apr-11 09:51:25

are you really peeing in your garden?

I would love to try one

you could stand to wee in your bathroom

BendyBob Sun 24-Apr-11 09:52:25

You got a She-wee for your birthday??confused

Happy peeing birthday thengrin

JaxTellersOldLady Sun 24-Apr-11 09:54:38

lol @ stage freight haha

I was thinking about getting one of these to keep in the car for emergencies...

SkinittingFluffyBunnyBonnets Sun 24-Apr-11 09:54:52

A she Pee! Aren't they meant for football matches etc? When you cant gt to a loo? My DH pee's in the garden too...I hate it!

I do have a friend (female) who can pee standing up....who knows why! She just stands there......kind of holding her pubic region!

TragicallyHip Sun 24-Apr-11 09:56:35

I was travelling at the time blush grin

ZacharyQuack Sun 24-Apr-11 12:09:22

Just wait till it snows in winter and you can write your name on the lawn grin

NorbertDentressangle Sun 24-Apr-11 12:15:10

It would be really odd though if anyone happened to wander past and saw you, a woman, standing up weeing.

They'd stand and stare in a confused manner more than if they caught you squatting and weeing surely.

They'd think it was a "chick with a dick" grin

MollieO Sun 24-Apr-11 12:16:38

Do you just use it when you need to go or do you wear it all the time? confused

Honeybee79 Sun 24-Apr-11 12:43:01

YANBU.

I have one in the car for emergencies and have also used it at festivals back in the heady days of my yoof.

Wanksock Sun 24-Apr-11 12:47:20

I want one. i'd be worried that it sort of dribbled out of the shewee thing a bit and then wet my trousers, is this possible?

goodegg Sun 24-Apr-11 12:52:10

Omg I need one. I'm pg and need to pee constantly, it would be so useful.

VivianDarkbloom Sun 24-Apr-11 13:19:58

grin this thread is so funny

SkinittingFluffyBunnyBonnets Sun 24-Apr-11 15:12:21

She Wee's will be the new Mooncup!

deemented Sun 24-Apr-11 15:33:47

I bought one if these for the MIL for Christmas as she'd mentioned she'dlike one.

I thought i was being sarcastic.

She bloody loves the thing. Raves to anyone who'll listen about it.

Marlinspike Sun 24-Apr-11 15:42:50

OK, I need more info.

Does a she-wee turn your lady bits into boy bits( ie projectile weeing; able to aim with reasonable accuracy) or does it store the wee until you are able to dispose of it? Do you just pop it in your knicks and away you go, or does it require more declothing to ensure a secure attachment?

I am a scout leader and the frequency of night time waking to wee (esp in the colder months!) is a real problem, and I have thought fleetingly about a she-wee, but been put off with the thought of spraying it around my tent if it all went horribly wrong!

deemented Sun 24-Apr-11 15:51:43
Marlinspike Sun 24-Apr-11 15:55:08

Thanks deemented! If it's good enough for Fearne Cotton, it's good enough for me!

Guess I will still have to get out of my lovely warm sleeping bag and tent when I'm camping though!

thenightsky Sun 24-Apr-11 16:04:30

grin at 'NATO approved'

microfight Sun 24-Apr-11 16:10:08

don't you have to wipe after though?

spiderslegs Tue 26-Apr-11 23:48:04

No - just shake it into the 'cup'

Honestly is a revelation - I've been pissing everwhere.

Maybe I should stop.......

spiderslegs Tue 26-Apr-11 23:51:07

Or not

I've been keeping it in the downstairs loo & have greatly enjoyed pissing all over the seat & then just popping my fly up.

fortyplus Tue 26-Apr-11 23:54:40

I'm into whitewater hayaking so it's sometimes necessary to wee outside.

The 'shake it into a cup' thing is bollox - if you don't wipe you smell of stale wee - especially if you've had your fanjo inside a drysuit all day! Ok? grin

forkful Tue 26-Apr-11 23:59:00

SkinittingFluffyBunnyBonnets that's exactly what I was going to post. I've thought about getting one before but never got round to it.

Marlinspike I suspect the ultimate combo is she-wee plus these bags grin

pigletmania Wed 27-Apr-11 00:02:17

Does Ferne Cotton have one confused. I have one but dont have the balls grin to use it though.

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 00:03:15

Ok Forty accept there may be a need to wipe if a drysuit is involved.

Otherwise, make like a bloke & let your pants soak it up.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 27-Apr-11 00:05:47

I've sometimes wondered about those when we're out walking and DH has nipped behind a hedge.

Even more I've wondered if they work for little girls who are a bit too old to be held to squat.

HalfPastWine Wed 27-Apr-11 00:07:44

*Honestly is a revelation - I've been pissing everwhere.

Maybe I should stop.......*

PMSL grin

I REALLY could have done with one of these on my last holiday. For some reason I felt embarrassed and ashamed but you've converted me. I'm definitely getting one.

Like the bit on that link where if you aren't sure a shewee is for you, ring this number... what is it, Fearne Cotton's personal line, or Deemented's mother in law, ready to rave about how awesome it is? grin

MilkNoSugarPlease Wed 27-Apr-11 00:29:42

Dee, I remember you asking about taking the piss and buying her one....can't believe she likes it!! sad

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 00:30:20

I particularly appreciate the fact they're NATO approved.

Really, if they weren't. I wouldn't.

Anyhoo, am off for another NATO approved piss.

Euuuuw...

In the link to those bags 'gel solidifies urine and other substances'

MollieO Wed 27-Apr-11 00:35:41

Thx for the link deemented. Not sure what to make of user tip to put it in the dishwasher! Ugh.

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 00:35:45

Right, I come back with news from the front line.

If you move closer to the seat as the stream diminishes not a drop is wasted.

I now deem pissing in the seat as an agressive act. I previously thought it a biological quirk.

Arse.

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 01:11:56

Although may have to re-think now after DH posed the question;

'Which is worse, using your mother's she-wee as a snorkel or using a pair of her dirty knickers to blow your nose?'

I can only assume he was party to both & did nothing about either.....

omg spiderslegs, I about wet myself yesterday...

PinotGrigiosKittens Wed 27-Apr-11 09:52:00

I have a shewee (for when we drive through France...french loos are fugly) and I can't do it without, you know, dripping. Is there a knack to it? I don't have a baggy fanjo if that helps <tight as a drum, me> grin

spiderslegs Wed 27-Apr-11 10:13:56

Does your Shewee have a prostate problem Pinot? that can cause dripping.....

Would these work for a 4 year old in an emergency? When we've been caught out I find it nigh on impossible to help her wee without it all going down her trousers/shoes. I have no idea how other people manage it.

deemented Wed 27-Apr-11 10:22:54

Oh Spiderslegs - the post about using your mothers Shewee as a snorkle versus using a pair of mothers dirty knickers to blow your nose has right put me off my corned beef pastie. And i was enjoying it too.

Milk - She does love it indeed - she's told me that it's really useful when she's on the back of her DP's motorbike she doesn't have to stop for a wee anymore....

GrimmaTheNome Wed 27-Apr-11 10:57:07

Octopus - there is no perfect way but: if possible remove lower clothing. Support child so that she's as near as possible in a sitting position (a treetrunk to lean against helps a lot). Position a rolled up tissue to try to direct the flow down and between.

It sometimes works, -ish grin.

For goodness sakes someone tell us if the shewee works for little girls!!!!

Quenelle Wed 27-Apr-11 11:04:45

I remember seeing women peeing into urinals at Reading Festival. This was years ago, before the advent of shewees so I've no idea how they managed it.

I'm definitely going to get a shewee for my next camping holiday. But I'll use it with the urine collection bag instead of peeing into bushes. That way I won't even have to get out of bed. Also I'm terrified of ending up on youtube.

HipposGoBeserk Wed 27-Apr-11 11:07:49

How to help your 4yo wee without splattering everyone:

Stand behind your 4yo.
Pull down pants / leggings etc and lift up skirts (hers, not yours).
Okay - this sounds slightly complicated but it isn't: put your hands on her hips (you're still standing behind her remember), slide down the outside of her thighs, fingers pointing to the ground, then swivel your hands so you are holding her behind her thighs, your thumbs outside her knees and pointing forwards.
Lift her onto this little thigh seat you have made with your fingers.
She will fold in half, back resting on your tummy, her knees up by her ears.
Bare bum dangling and bits pointing away from you, she can now wee in every direction (and she will) without getting any on you, your shoes or her clothes.

Hth.

NorthernGobshite Wed 27-Apr-11 11:11:34

This has to win 'thread of the year' surely?? Love it.

PinotGrigiosKittens Wed 27-Apr-11 11:22:35

So it's just me and a 4 year old who can't use it then? blush

PinotGrigiosKittens Wed 27-Apr-11 11:23:49

<wonders if I can convince DH to support me following above guide>

<think marriage may be over if I try>

<wails>

nellyjane Wed 27-Apr-11 11:34:07

I got asked about these by my gran (80 this year) who was going on a walking holiday and has trouble squatting since she broke her hip. I've got one and was describing how to use it.

Turns out the main thing she wanted to know was that she'd heard you can get them in different colours to coordinate with your mobile phone???? grin

GrimmaTheNome Wed 27-Apr-11 11:37:29

Awesome gran!

paddypoopants Wed 27-Apr-11 12:24:47

ooh, I love mine. DH gave it to me as a valentines day present. I used it at night camping- I pissed in a bottle it was fab. My ds keeps saying its for doing pees and poos in. Haven't tried the latter.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 27-Apr-11 12:26:02

They had female urinals and the disposable version of a she-wee the 'p-mate' at the London Marathon last weekconfused

The idea of weeing with other women standing next to me doing the same <shudder>

I quite like the idea of one for camping and emergency wee's when running, but not in full view of others...I would definitely get stage frightgrin

threestars Wed 27-Apr-11 12:33:24

I could have done with one of these at the no-facilities beach I went to on Monday. I was so desperate, I had to crouch down in the dunes while DH kept pretending somebody was just walking into view. Horrible!

piprabbit Wed 27-Apr-11 12:34:31

Are shewees the new mooncup?

piprabbit Wed 27-Apr-11 12:37:38
SoupDragon Wed 27-Apr-11 12:54:17

This looks far more comfortable.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 27-Apr-11 12:58:10

LOL soupdragon fit in your pocket nicely, that one, won't itgrin

I may get a shewee! When I run in the Downs, the trees aren't dense enough to wee in without being seen, shewee may be the answer.

givemushypeasachance Wed 27-Apr-11 13:02:12

I've got a shewee - I bought one years ago when I was going hiking and thought it would be handy for alfresco toilet trips. The advice was to practice in the shower so I did a few times and could never get it right without "leakage" - either I kept putting it in the wrong place or I was peeing too forcefully or something. Sadly it was resigned to the back of a cupboard and I haven't seen it the last few times I moved house!

chimchar Wed 27-Apr-11 13:04:51

grin soupdragon...far more my style i think!

KangaRue Wed 27-Apr-11 13:07:06

Invaluable when camping, I've even used it on top of a mountain in Petra, Jordan. Mine lives in a plastic zip pouch in my handbag, for easy access when there are dodge loos, but most recently has been most useful for all the antenatal wee tests - much easier to fill those tiny tubes.

They are plastic that repel liquid and you just need to unzip trousers & lower slightly at the front ( or raise the front of a skirt) keeping rear modesty. Angle hips back & away you go. Must admit I practiced at home to avoid stage fright!

5Foot5 Wed 27-Apr-11 13:13:23

DD and I saw them in Fishers in Keswick last time we were there. But IIRC the instructions recommended practising in the shower and both DD and I were "Eugh! Peeing in the shower||"

Does it take a lot of practice though before you can use it without dribbling? Can't help feeling it would be useful when out walking.

dizzy77 Wed 27-Apr-11 13:14:18

I had a go with some cardboard folding funnel implements at a festival a few years ago: agree with TragicallyHip on stage fright, just couldn't let go with my trousers up! However, crouching whereever, no problem at all. The area at said festival put aside for a female urinal swiftly turned into a semi-private squat area for those too drunk impatient for the portaloos. Nice.

bronze Wed 27-Apr-11 13:16:39

I used my dds portapotty in the night when I went camping.

MinnieBar Wed 27-Apr-11 13:59:20

Thanks Hippo DD1 has just toilet trained but we had an outside emergency this week - I was trying to get her to squat but she couldn't grasp the concept and just weed standing up, so it went all over her knickers and trousers and my shoes. Will try that next time....

Look according to Amazon they come in Nato green and desert sand grin

fridascruffs Wed 27-Apr-11 15:02:27

I remember seeing these on Dragon's Den and they all thought it was rubbish. They were all men except for that Deborah wassername, but then she runs luxury hotels and seemed apalled at the whole concept. I am an unrich campsite type and I thought it was brilliant. I'd make a good Draogn, me.
<note to self- buy one for latitude>

Quodlibet Wed 27-Apr-11 15:02:52

A friend of mine once innovatively used a vuzevela for a similar purpose when caught short at a Brazilian beach party. No-one noticed.

SomethingSuper Wed 27-Apr-11 15:07:31

Wtf! How come I have never heard of a She-Wee and yet everyone on here is all 'Oh yes, I often piss in the garden and at festivals, Carol'?

I want a wee at the moment but I dont want a boring old wee; Now I want to piss up the side of the house or something.

SummerRain Wed 27-Apr-11 15:21:48

for little girls i've always found having a kerb, car or other ledge about a foot or so high invaluable.

Get them to stand on the ledge whilst you hold them under the arms and then lower them down so that their arse is lower than their feet and tell them to go for it.

works every time.

trice Wed 27-Apr-11 15:22:59

DD uses a shewee and she is 5. I suspect her of deliberately drinking more water so that she can have another go.

adhdmum Wed 27-Apr-11 15:52:37

can you use a she wee with jeans on, or do you have to pull your jeans all the way down?

dizzy77 Wed 27-Apr-11 16:52:16

PMSL SomethingSuper grin

emmanumber3 Wed 27-Apr-11 17:00:03

Have just looked at the link & really shouldn't have. The tip about "trying it in the shower to find the best position" has turned my stomach blush.

Peeing in the shower is one of my main pet hates (I admit I have a few) blush.

SoupDragon Wed 27-Apr-11 17:11:28

You could probably try standing o a towel and sheweeing into the toilet.

I have decided I need one of these for when I'm out walking (in the countryside, not the centre of Croydon).

But what colour...?

deemented Wed 27-Apr-11 17:13:17

I got MIL a purple one. I wanted a black one to match her cold rotting heart but they didn't have one in stock...

SoupDragon Wed 27-Apr-11 17:16:36

I didn't see purple... Nato green, pink, desert, white clear and blue. Purple is my favourite colour but I wonder whether nato green is more discrete.Why is there not a camo version?

TheCowardlyLion Wed 27-Apr-11 17:32:26

Having just come back from being the only female member of staff on a DofE expedition in the Lake District and having to pee squatting behind a rock threatening my colleague with a slow and painful death if he dared to look round blush I think I definitely need one of these.

The blokes were all 'Just popping over to stand behind that tree for a minute' and I had to cross my legs (really hard when you're climbing fells, btw) until there was somewhere private enough to do the whole trousers down/squatting bit.

uggmum Wed 27-Apr-11 17:44:31

They are also dishwasher safe!

pigletmania Wed 27-Apr-11 19:03:41

soup you cant tuck that into your handbag grin

HipposGoBeserk Wed 27-Apr-11 19:32:43

Wonderful thread.

I am so getting me one of these. Dd is going to love it.

Is it okay to share or do we need one each? (Or, more accurately, we are going to share. Do I need to keep this our dirty secret or is it okay to admit to sharing?)

Waltons Wed 27-Apr-11 20:59:25

Oh, my! I have just had a life-changing moment on this thread. Like another poster, I am a Scout leader, and the awful trek to the loo in the middle of a cold rainy night from my tent has been banished forever.

OP, and the person who posted the link to disposable bags, may I just say that you are both in my personal hall of fame for ever more. smile

leftblank Wed 27-Apr-11 21:01:06

How small is the hole the urination comes out of? As in how wide is the stream?

Could this device be used for urine sample bottles for example?

And how fast is the flow?

saggarmakersbottomknocker Wed 27-Apr-11 21:18:46

I've had a go with one of these and TBH it was an unmitigated disaster. Backflow. Everywhere. I would have been better negotiating the nettles and squatting.

There must be a knack which I don't have hmm

SkaterGrrrrl Wed 27-Apr-11 22:10:21

Took a Whizz Freedom to Glasto last year - brilliant. No more hovering over nasty loos.

Only £7.85 ladies, hurry, hurry.

www.amazon.co.uk/Freedom-Purple-Whiz/dp/B001ANQDVG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303938567&sr=8-3

About 30 years ago ExH was working for a company that was trying to develop female urinals. I said it would never catch on. Obviously the concept was just waiting for the invention of a she-wee.

Still not sure what you'd do with your handbag though...

"There must be a knack which I don't have hmm"

I've read the reviews of the shee wee and it suggests not holding it too close to your body (which seems counterintuitive) - that might help maybe?

OMG it can go in the dishwasher <boak>

TrinityRhino Thu 28-Apr-11 08:26:01

I so want one of these

my girls would love it

melikalikimaka Thu 28-Apr-11 08:46:37

But, but you would still have to wipe? Ladies can't shake the lambs tail like the boys!

Labradorlover Thu 28-Apr-11 09:20:56

Me and friend tried out our she wees together for the first time on a campng trip. Our howls of laughter attracted the attention of friends' DS 8, who came over to see what we were doing.........He ran away screaming "that's disgusting", and I stumbled and fell over, pissing all over my jeans. I think they're great grin
Although, I've never had a problem with squatting. Generally, folk are way more embarrassed to spot my bare arse and will ignore or divert away.
Oh and for in tent pissing, I use a big plastic sweet jar with a screw top lid. DD loves watching that.......

this thread is making laugh LOUDLY.

YA all BVVVU. It will wake the baby. grin

Moodykat Thu 28-Apr-11 13:36:43

I seem to have dribble issues or something when using my SheWee. And when trying to join DH in a piss against a tree I found I could no longer remember which muscles to use to make oneself wee. I just could not go. Was terribly disappointed as I thought we could use it as some form of bonding exercise!

NimpyWindowmash Thu 28-Apr-11 13:45:56

Brilliant, me and various friends turning 40 this year. They're all getting one for a present.

YABU spiderslegs, YABU. I've now had to order a shewee for myself, and I'm just hoping it works out better than the sodding mooncup. Damn you MN angry

I think I'm gonna get 1 cuz I am fed up of sitting on a toilet seat (in home) with pee on it, I will teach the males in this house a lesson!!

melikalikimaka Thu 28-Apr-11 20:48:55

I wee like a horse, would it work for me?wink

GrendelsMum Thu 28-Apr-11 21:13:54

I got one for my honeymoon and didn't fancy peeing in the shower, so I practised behind my shed at home.

Most of the time it worked fine, but I did occasionally suffer from dripping issues. I must get it back out and pee everywhere again.

MrsShanners Thu 28-Apr-11 23:31:01

Love it!!! Hilarious....

spiderslegs Fri 29-Apr-11 00:39:11

Really, I now keep it in the downstairs loo, haven't had a sit-down for nearly a week.

Can't wait until it snows, I'll be writing my name with the best of 'em by then.

OrangeBernard Fri 29-Apr-11 01:01:16

My 7 year old has her own shewee and would use it everytime she wees if she could. It was very useful at the tuc march, and good when she goes on beaver hikes, she can piss in the bushes like the boys.

unlucky67 Fri 29-Apr-11 09:23:14

I've got a whizz freedom - don't feel confident using it - did use it once though on a walk in the woods - normally DD1 (10) would be shouting mums having a wee at the top of her voice and then DD2 (4) would join in...neither of them noticed!
Then I made the mistake of telling DD1 on the way home (nicely built up area) and she started shouting mum had a wee with her Whizz freedom in the woods instead blush
I got a porta potty for the car - something to whizz into and for DD2 (always wees on her trousers if going alfresco)... first time I took her into the back seat - the 'ladies' attachment was too big for her and she weed on the car seat (yuk!) ... using it without the attachment works much better...
Must look at she wee - the long bit goes under you? Whizz freedom you push it up against you kind of the wrong way round - which is unnerving...

ZacharyQuack Sat 30-Apr-11 02:38:24

grin My snow comment was in the round-up! I'm ridiculously chuffed.

<<carves Aitch's name into tree>>

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flimflammery Sat 30-Apr-11 06:22:50

I looked at the website. The inventor's name is Samantha Fountain. grin

I have a pink one, recently used it on a ski expedition in the Arctic. Not totally leak-proof, unfortunately blush but a million times better than freezing your bits outside.
Good idea to keep it in the car, i have been stuck in a traffic jam desperate for a wee with the only option being roadside squatting. Held it in. Just.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 01-May-11 20:06:47

GrendelsMum -you bought one for your honeymoon?! Please tell us more as my mind is boggling

SybilBeddows Sun 01-May-11 20:11:39

you know what, I need one.

today we went for a country walk and picnic. I needed a wee before our picnic and dh went behind a tree but there were all these Community Payback people mending an old watermill where we were having the picnic. So we had to walk back past the Community Payback gang to find somewhere just out of their sight, then walk back again past them to have the picnic, and it was perfectly obvious why we'd taken this bizarre detour.
and there were nettles.

MinnieBar Tue 03-May-11 14:12:58

Hippo (if you're still reading this thread) - used your 'hands as a seat' method today with DD1 (age 2) and it worked a treat, thank you.
So all you need is an adult to do it for you and I think that would also work for anyone... wink

oldraver Tue 03-May-11 15:38:59

I've just told B/F I want a SheeWee for when we go out walking. I excitedly told him I could pee like a man

He was rather puzzled so I explained you could get an extension pipe and did a little mime demonstration.

He thought I was meaning a Speedy Weeder

I asked him what I thought I was doing with my hands near my Fanjo... his reply was "I dunno, I thought maybe you made a hole in the ground and pissed in it"

In all fairness I was on about the weeder last week

HipposGoBeserk Wed 04-May-11 07:12:58

Oh hooray Minnie! Glad it worked!

roisin Wed 04-May-11 07:33:19

I love mine too - use it when out hiking. Last year I was canoeing with dh and we landed on a tiny isolated island. I took the opportunity to go into the woodland to use my She Wee.... when I suddenly I found myself surrounded by about 20 8-10 yr-olds, who had just landed on the other side of the island with their canoes! blush blush

But probably better than them seeing me squatting with my pants round my ankles!

jasmina4 Tue 04-Sep-12 15:25:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Oh reminds me of at V 5 years ago when I was bursting and whipped out my shewee only to get stage fright also and overheard a convo behind me of "oh look, its a ladyboy". Also my brother stood protectively close by didn't help with my flow issues....
wish I could have got over it though, great invention.

WorraLiberty Tue 04-Sep-12 15:56:38

What a weird zombie thread to bump

MooMa42o Tue 04-Sep-12 15:57:42

Hap-pee birthday!! That is a great present!! i really want one & i think you have just convinced me to buy one!! Where was that thread with the woman wanted an unusual present for her sil!! this would be perfect!!

RaisinDEtre Tue 04-Sep-12 15:58:14

Have reported as poss viral marketeering

RaisinDEtre Tue 04-Sep-12 15:59:21

Ugh at the !!! <snobbish>

RevDebeezWoodall Tue 04-Sep-12 16:00:38

Braiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssss

TheProvincialLady Tue 04-Sep-12 16:04:33

I had a catheter for 3 weeks after having DS2. Now that was handy, having a bag of my own warm piss constantly strapped to my thigh. If only I'd have been up to camping I'd have been the envy of the site.

After it was removed I was of course massively glad, but a little bit of me was annoyed at having to restart the whole going to the toilet every 20 minutes thing.

TheProvincialLady Tue 04-Sep-12 16:05:31

Oh bugger, I've just shared my catheter story on a zombie thread. Gah.

Adversecamber Tue 04-Sep-12 16:09:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RevDebeezWoodall Tue 04-Sep-12 16:09:52

<stands next to TheProvincialLady>

I have also had a catheter. Endless tea in a hospital bed and not having to get up to wander down the corridor with the other mums to use the bathrooms. If I could have persuaded them to leave it in for the first three months of my childs life BF would have been a lot more bearable. <remembers needing a wee so badly but not being able to get up>

VivaLeBeaver Tue 04-Sep-12 16:15:53

hippos. I held dd up as you describe for a wee when she was little. Did it in a car park between our open car doors. She did a massive wee followed by an even more massive poo. Had to leave a steaming turd in the carpark in the middle of ashburton!

I see they now do strap on shewees for men. hmm

VivaLeBeaver Tue 04-Sep-12 16:17:01

Why are so many zombie threads getting bumped today?

Mintyy Tue 04-Sep-12 16:19:00

Viva - the poster jasmina4 bumped it to link to a product she is marketing. I have reported it to hq as has raison.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 04-Sep-12 16:20:57

Ahh. grin

TheProvincialLady Tue 04-Sep-12 16:25:00

I know what you mean Rev. It was quite liberating for me being able to drink loads without having to go to the loo. 3 weeks was a bit grim though. I got infections and everything.

<wonders if there is anything left for me to share now>

Shame it's a zombie thread, I love my shewee! grin

I have four of them tbh blush

btw, pibella looks a bit rubbish compared to shewee purely because of the top, looks too small to fit close to the body for pee without spilling purposes to me.

WishICouldBeLikeDavidWicks Tue 04-Sep-12 18:47:55

I tried a cardboard one at Glasto and it was really liberating but vvv odd as the sensation of standing and peeing goes against everything you know!

Re traveljohns ( the bags of gel you pee in with lady shaped opening) they are AMAZING for early morning campsite pees inside your tent, but do not attempt 2 morning pees in one bag. I had major overfow issues...

MarianForrester Tue 04-Sep-12 18:52:38

DH calls mine the Fem-a-Cock.

They missed a trick when naming it smile

"Re traveljohns ( the bags of gel you pee in with lady shaped opening) they are AMAZING for early morning campsite pees inside your tent, but do not attempt 2 morning pees in one bag. I had major overfow issues..."

grin DP managed that too. then made the mistake of leaving it outside where the squirrels proceeded to tear it apart...

Could you use them if you were wearing a skirt? It would be a bit awkward hoiking up your skirt so you could insert it in your knickers wouldn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now