Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to fart, run away and then let the kids blame each other?!

(18 Posts)
giff Mon 18-Apr-11 15:46:10

In or house we still have the saying, "he who smelt it, dealt it", needless to say, I never smelt it. wink

PoppyFleur Fri 15-Apr-11 16:29:26

Haven't laughed so much all week

imnobody Fri 15-Apr-11 16:16:12

I do this too. As my youngest 2 are the self admiting farters of the family, noone questions the smell come from them...

Yesterday we were in the car and little pops her head to us and says "can you smell something?" With that a horrendous smell hit and i glared at DH as he is also part of their team...

And she giggled and said "I farted"

Poison gas it was... I nearly choked...

grovel Fri 15-Apr-11 15:45:13

But my farts smell of lavender.

KatieWatie Fri 15-Apr-11 15:40:21

When I first met my DH we were in his living room with a large group of friends and I let a SBD go, it really was my most horrendous to date.

The dog got the blame and it took me 3 years to own up to it...

In shops I've often called DH over and then walked off and left him with one. Taking one for the team is what true love is all about, and I'm the giver...

garlicbutter Fri 15-Apr-11 15:38:05

Hah, I was going to suggest getting a dog grin

YankNCock Fri 15-Apr-11 15:35:24

YANBU. I blame DS or the dog all the time.

Blame your husband next time. After all, it is (I assume) his fault you are in this condition! grin

MrsKwazii Wed 13-Apr-11 21:21:19

YADNBU. I used to do this after a heavy night-out when I worked in a shop grin blush

katykoo Wed 13-Apr-11 21:20:58

LOL! I do it all the time too!! My favourite place used to be in Blockbusters, browsing the new releases, then spot something in the kids section and amble over there. I also blame the dog alot...

Great to hear I'm not alone, I have never told anyone about my 'dirty secret' before. Good old MN...

heliumballoons Wed 13-Apr-11 21:18:09

ROFL grin

YADNBU

YouaretooniceNOT Wed 13-Apr-11 20:59:53

YANBU! - LOL!

Do it again tomorrow...

MikeOxstiff Wed 13-Apr-11 20:48:16

I do that all the time

Bogeyface Wed 13-Apr-11 20:45:49

Thank you, I feel vindicated

He would be appalled if he knew what me and my sister are like when we are out. She once just said to me "Leg it" really quietly when we were in a v posh clothes shop once. I did, not having a clue what was going on and desperately hoping she hadnt gone mad and pinched something , only to hear "OMG that is DISGUSTING" said by someone behind us. I am not sure we got away with it as were both outside doubled over in hysterics

fastedwina Wed 13-Apr-11 20:41:00

i've done the most god awful fart in a shop, called DH over and walked away leaving him to take the blame. I'm sure we are doomed!

yanbu. treasure these moments, they'll catch on soon enough

MaisyMooCow Wed 13-Apr-11 20:38:06

Brilliant. Your right of course ! I'd have done the very same thing!

Bogeyface Wed 13-Apr-11 20:35:22

I have terrible constipation thanks to being pg which means I am farting rather alot!

I was in the kitchen next the to conservatory and needed to erm.....let one go, as it were, so I stood in the conservatory next to the back door. I hobbled back to the kitchen as the kids came in from the garden and all started going "OMG X, that is horrible" "NO it WAS Y that did it" "NO I DIDNT" "YES YOU DID" . They were all killing themselves laughing at whoever each of them thought had done it!

Me in the meantime was having a little laugh to myself in the kitchen and not feeling at all guilty, but DH thinks it was mean! I think he is a misery.

So, who's right?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now