DH uses the second biggest saucepan to make pasta in

(201 Posts)
Reality Wed 16-Mar-11 10:20:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KnittedBreast Wed 16-Mar-11 10:21:18

erm....

not sure what to say!

blackeyedsusan Wed 16-Mar-11 10:24:51

h would heat up soup in one bowl and then transfer it to another to eat it. Why? (extra washing up for me though he claimed he would do it.)

Reality Wed 16-Mar-11 10:25:46

bupcakesandcunting Wed 16-Mar-11 10:25:53

DH never stacks the pans according to size. It goes: smallest inside second smallest inside medium inside large inside wok. Not small on bottom then maybe wok then maybe large then medium balancing on top with maybe the measuring jug on top.

FFS.

YANBU.

DP will put a tiny pan on the biggest element. And rarely uses lids on pots! He will not read heating instructions on packages and will put things on half heat on bottom tray in the oven for hours.

At least he cooks - and he is slowly slowly slowly taking on board my teaching re the basics smile OK so he'd probably rather I shut up and left him to it, but if the man can't cook a pizza properly what good is he? grin I can't be eating soggy half baked pizza (only once a month or so but you get my point).

He knew I was a gobby mare before we hooked up properly anyway. He is improving ...........

compo Wed 16-Mar-11 10:27:40

Dh uses three knives to make one sandwich
a butter knife, cheese knife and bread knife hmm

DH won't put the food tins in order in the cupboard, he just shoves them in, how am I expected to know what is in there at a glance. YANBU

The transferring bowl thing is because the bowl comes out of the microwave scalding so I change bowls as well.

My saucepan arrangement looks like this so I no longer stress about things like that. If they get put in a cupbaord at all it's a bonus.

Reality Wed 16-Mar-11 10:29:19

upahill Wed 16-Mar-11 10:29:44

Compo.......and??

Knives have different purposes so he is right!

compo Wed 16-Mar-11 10:30:59

I use same knife to spread butter, slice cheese and tomato
less washing up!

Ktay Wed 16-Mar-11 10:31:50

Reality it's not that irrational actually (although you say it didn't taste any different) - you're supposed to use the biggest pan possible so the pasta doesn't go all starchy and sticky smile

GlynisIsFixed Wed 16-Mar-11 10:32:18

DH uses the wrong knife to cut the cheese

It's NOT a different knife, it is the WRONG one, you can all see that, can't you?

blush

Oh & once things are boiling away nicely he doesn't turn the element down even though they will continue to bubble away on half or a third of the heat shock

Which leads me to talk about how that kind of behaviour will result in an additional and unnecessary nuclear power station being built somewhere etc etc etc just to accommodate wasteful ways.

On the plus side he no longer runs the tap when brushing his teeth & no longer runs the shower hot hot hot for 5 minutes BEFORE he gets in to great a steam room situation or have a bath for an hour running the hot tap continuously angry confused (at least he doesn't when I'm at home)

compo Wed 16-Mar-11 10:33:18

Glynis are you my dh?!

Reality Wed 16-Mar-11 10:33:24

upahill Wed 16-Mar-11 10:33:32

But the bread knife cuts the bread. If I do that with a butter knife it just turns the bread to a crumbly rag.

Everything gets thrown in the dishwasher so it doesn't really matter.
My gripe is when the kids do the same thing and leave the bread board, knives, breas, butter and cheese out on the worktop!

shakey1500 Wed 16-Mar-11 10:34:21

YABU, just be grateful he cooks pasta at all. Dh will eat spaghetti bolognese till the cows come home but won't eat pasta as "it tastes funny" confused

GlynisIsFixed Wed 16-Mar-11 10:34:26

<checks contents of underwear>

compo

no grin

compo Wed 16-Mar-11 10:34:54

Oh yes just one sandwich makes the whole work surface covered in crumbs

ethelina Wed 16-Mar-11 10:36:28

My dh puts potatoes to boil in the nice big non-stick pan instead of the nice big stainless steel pan so when I come to mash them I ruin the non-stickiness with the metal masher.

Reality are you ....how can I put this politely......umm...a TAD HORMONAL??? grin

It's the little things like this in our marriage that enrage me grin YA probably BU, but then so am I!

If my dh is cooking something like frozen peas, he will come in and ask me how long to cook them for! That annoys me no end- just read the instructions on the bag.

compo Wed 16-Mar-11 10:37:34

Oh god I fear I'm the unreasonable one grin

I hack at the bread and cheese with wrong knife to save washing up
I make sandwiches on the plate to save washing the bread board

oh no eyes opened to dh being reasonable

<runs screaming>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now