I need some cast iron responses to my sister asking for a lift this afternoon.

(115 Posts)
RealityIsKnockedUp Tue 01-Mar-11 12:41:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bramshott Tue 01-Mar-11 12:42:46

Just don't answer the phone?

RealityIsKnockedUp Tue 01-Mar-11 12:44:17

SoupDragon Tue 01-Mar-11 12:44:40

"I'm afraid I can't as I am working. now fuck off"

TandB Tue 01-Mar-11 12:44:42

Just say you don't knnow exactly what time one of the other children is being collected so you can't leave the house.

Did you do a thread the last time this happened or was that someone else?

peeriebear Tue 01-Mar-11 12:44:54

Unplug the phone. Put it on silent, put it in a bag, in a cupboard, in a bucket of water.
Or answer the phone with "This better NOT be for a lift!!"

Tell her to fuck off. Seriously, she sounds like my SiL, stands still and the world revolves around her.

MadreInglese Tue 01-Mar-11 12:45:12

er, just say no..?

Keep ignoring it.

Bloody hell, sounds like your sister needs a bloody good talking to. She should NOT be making you feel like this!

DaftApeth Tue 01-Mar-11 12:45:34

Pre-empt her by texting now that you will not have time to collect her from the station and you will see her at yours when she comes to collect her dd.

Then don't answer the phone!

NinkyNonker Tue 01-Mar-11 12:45:47

No.

TallulahDoesTheHula Tue 01-Mar-11 12:45:50

Yes, ignore the phone and when she arrives and asks why you didnt aswer, just tell her you were up to your ears in stuff and couldnt.
If she keeps ringing and you cant ignore then pick up and say quickly (before she can get a word in) 'sorry sis, cant talk now, am manic here, see you in 20 mins!' and hang up.

thell Tue 01-Mar-11 12:46:04

Send her a text now, perhaps?
Warn her that it's really important you be in the house for the mindees to be collected, and give her a cab number for if she can't get herself home.

You are not her personal taxi service!
Be strong!!

GiddyPickle Tue 01-Mar-11 12:46:17

Agree with Bramshott. She is obviously BU but she is also the kind of person who won't see this at all so rather than getting into a shouting match with her, don;t engage her on the subject at all (maybe mention to the mindee's parents you are only contactable on the mobile this afternoon and then you can see who's calling before you answer!)

CMOTdibbler Tue 01-Mar-11 12:46:18

Just say no - its all the answer you need

RealityIsKnockedUp Tue 01-Mar-11 12:46:30

KeepCalmAndCarryOnMNing Tue 01-Mar-11 12:46:42

Unplug your ladline and switch your mobile to silent?

mmsmum Tue 01-Mar-11 12:47:23

Is she a big fatty that can't walk up the road?!

I'd tell her where to go!

And if she is a big fatty it'll do her some good lol

dinosaurkisses Tue 01-Mar-11 12:47:38

Just say you can't. You have other people relying on you to feed them and take them to Beavers- just because she is an adult doesn't make her request any more important because she cant walkthe length of herself.

walesblackbird Tue 01-Mar-11 12:48:13

Get your youngest and most chatty mindee to answer the phone and just allow him/her to burble away until sil gives up!

Always works in our house with cold callers!!

Alternatively just be honest and say No, you're busy.

BikeRunSki Tue 01-Mar-11 12:48:15

"I am sorry I am at work".

You wouldn't walk out of an office, leave customers hanging in a shop of anything would you?

She sounds about as hard work as my sister.

Sorry I am busy working.

If you had asked earlier I would have said I couldn't pick you up, and you would have been able to organise alternative transport.

It's your own damn fault. You shouldn't assume.

RealityIsKnockedUp Tue 01-Mar-11 12:48:20

BitOfFun Tue 01-Mar-11 12:48:21

Say "Hahahahahahaha, sorry one of the kids has just shat on my leg, no I can't come and get you, you'll have to walk, oh my fucking god Tristram, take that out of your ear right this minute, byeeeeeeeeee'.

Get one of the kids to answer the phone grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now